• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Movie Domains Listed Under Sony Pictures

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quote
joshjoshlol wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
joshjoshlol wrote:

If this is the first sight of a Hollywood made Gundam movie, though... God, it would be Seed Destiny wrapped in AGE and topped with a healthy dose of Saviour vomit.
I don't see why, unless you a very narrow minded view of Hollywood = bad, which is stupid.

Considering how even WETA, which is typically considered God-tier at their job, was creating what can only be described as a swift kick to the jimmies of fans with their Evangelion movie concept art, I can say with pretty strong conviction in my heart that Hollywood doesn't know beans about japanese robots and would do a terrible job with Gundam.
Those Weta concepts looked right on the money of what an Evangelion live action should look like. I'm not sure what more you could have wanted. They looked true to show. What more did you want?
Wrangler wrote:
I don't think there been many good Live action versions of Animes. Now if this is American' production, i feel even more uneasy about it.

If its Live-Action.

Remember Dragonball-Evolution, hell you if you can find it, the earlier Thailand made version Dragonball. Grant you the former is a Fox made product which isn't too shocking it was bad translation. Hollywood doesn't do good movie conversions.

I hope if Sony really does a quality product, that they make its own story, own universe. Your more likely loose people's interest if you do a retrend of story thats very well known.
There have been very few and I mean very few actual Hollywood anime adaptations. I'm not sure why an American production would be reason to be uneasy. I'd feel far more uneasy about an actual Japanese production even though the Yamoto movie was actually decent. The Japanese film industry simply isn't up to the level of Hollywood in doing a blockbuster like a Gundam movie should be.

Remember Dragonball? I sure do and? Remember Batman and Robin? Now compare that to the actual good comic book adaptations now. If anything Hollywood has proven that just because its taking a a nerdy or strange property dosen't mean it won't be taken care of. Remember Speed Racer? Now that was actually true to the anime in visuals and tone.

Remember Cashern? And how cheap it looked. How wooden and terrible the acting was? Yeah I sure do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Gundam live action movie? Yes please. If someone took a serious approach to it, it could be pretty good.

does this mean that the franchise & Sunrise have been acquired by Sony?

If it is the case, i'm sort of 50/50 susprised . since Blood Plus was successful for Sony,

i had to expect they would pull a funi and rescue a series,though i didn't think they would go for the whole series. Since Sunrise is the major owner of the gundam franchise for them to put most of the gundam domains under the sony pictures banner, they would have to do that.

sainta wrote:
As long as it isn't like Char's Counterattack where they jumped sharks and characters made no sense or were just annoying I'm okay with a movie.

Well I liked it. Though what I didn't like was the ending where their killing off the main storyline characters left and right like if it was the X series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nakobass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
People can dump on the Bayformers as much as they want, if this Gundam movie makes even half the money Transformers did, I will be happy. I Love Gundam, and I want to see it on the big screen NOW!
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Gundam live action movie? Yes please. If someone took a serious approach to it, it could be pretty good.

does this mean that the franchise & Sunrise have been acquired by Sony?
No.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3