• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Creative Destruction

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow. didn't know the original 'Pretty Cure' was in Lufia.
Laughing Laughing Razz

But seriously, I have to admit that's a major overhaul. Even the characters. Hell, reminds me of what they did to Romancing Saga 2. Or Saga 2. Another game that hasn't made it stateside. I don't mind redesign too much so long as it's not WAY off. Fans of the original might have an issue. But the deal is what improvements can they offer to offset such changes. I checked out the trailer on the site. The 3D graphics use a nice combination cell shading. The in game graphics are a little too grainy. But that's what happens when you're doing 3D graphics on a smaller scale. To some degree some of the graphics remind me of 'Blood of Bahamut'. WHERE THE HELL IS THAT GAME SquENIX???? HUH???

I have heard difference in opinion about 'Sands of Destruction'. I guess if you can bear it's shortcomings then it will probably be a decent game. So it's base will be mixed. I have yet to sit down and play my copy.

As for 'Blaster Master'. Hopefully it will be a completely different game and not so much a remake. It looks good.

Yeah, didn't realize that about the fact that the 'FFXIII' port wasn't getting any goodies. I mean hell just buying the OST LE (which I have) is HUGE. Hell, even if they had included the OST in the game it would be nothing more than a drinking coaster. The only noise that's happening is between the pathetic PS3 and XB360 fanboys about the amount of discs that the game is being fit onto. Who gives a $**t. In a few years the game will be old news. Just enjoy it. Also, since us fans complain so much about how much we don't care about extras in anime, maybe that's why they said screw it. Give it where it counts. But still shame on your SqEnix (USA) for not considering.

*PS, I preordered 'FF7' and I didn't get a T-shirt. That's what happens when you buy it from a store not offering the promotion.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Don't see the big deal about an FFXIII special edition to be honest. In the past it was usually Europe that got screwed on LE's by Square-Enix, perhaps this is them making some small amends for that. Either way, the PS3 version of the game is fully multi-region at least, so no reason you can't import if you absolutely MUST have such a thing. Lets face it though, FFXIII looks boring. Pretty, yeah, but on rails and with a story that seems to consist of people crying and shouting all the time going off the trailers.

Also, on the subject of DW Strikeforce, I played the demo of that and it was AWFUL. Every inch a PSP port once you get past the visuals. Same broken up segmented areas, same miniscule hub area, same gameplay just with a few extra enemies on screen... I can't think of a single reason to get such a game... Awful stuff.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to White Knight Chronicles... realling enjoying it right now Smile
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
pbbbbbt, the almighty Korg! I remember my brother and I have screwed around with that thing in ways never before imagined.
I didn't know this new version would come out so soon. If only it wasn't snowing so hard right now...
Akatsukiwolf wrote:
I want that alarm clock that shouts, "Yo~Wa~SHOCK!!". Laughing
Guaranteed to wake you up, unless you're already dead.
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Does the Region 1 version of Sands of Destruction have an option to switch to Japanese voices?
FeralKat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
ReiClone88 wrote:
Does the Region 1 version of Sands of Destruction have an option to switch to Japanese voices?

Nope. I'm pretty sure the DS cartridge is just too small to host two sets of audio.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
Okay, so I'm confused. If the voices are different between the game and the anime of Sands of Destruction, then who are the game voices? Kyrie sounds like Todd to me. Wikipedia lists different voices for the Japanese versions, but not the English versions.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
RE: FF XIII

Turns out that we'll be getting a LE...for the strategy guide. Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing. But if they're seriously not going to give us a LE for the actual game, then I'll just wait for it to go down in price before I actually buy the game.

Oh, and this is some pretty strange marketing right here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
toddc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Okay, so I'm confused. If the voices are different between the game and the anime of Sands of Destruction, then who are the game voices? Kyrie sounds like Todd to me. Wikipedia lists different voices for the Japanese versions, but not the English versions.

The game's English cast can be found here. Yes, it's submitted by GameFAQs users, but I believe it's accurate.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 am Reply with quote
Showsni wrote:
Buying a bunch of Max Repels always makes me feel like I'm wasting my money, though running into Zubats every five steps is really annoying...

Gentleman Jeremy and Socialite Reina give out 12,000 yen (or whatever currency is used) each time you defeat them, and they each carry only one Pokémon. If you fight them with a Pokémon carrying an Amulet Coin, you'll have enough to buy 99 Max Repels after three battles. They're located south of Hearthome City.

This is, of course, assuming you've challenged each of them with the VS. Seeker at least twice so that Jeremy's Chatot can reach Level 60 and so can Reina's Roselia.

All this is assuming you're palying the Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum versions. There are equivalents in other games.

I occasionally do PokéRadar chaining, so it's crucial I have a large number of Max Repels. Quite often, I buy more than 99. I also bring along a few Pokémon with PickUp, some of whom are at the levels where they can obtain Repels after battles (41 through 60, I believe).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2