• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece #57 Manga Gets Record 3-Million Print Run

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quote
When the final chapter is released, I wonder if that issue of WSJ will set an all-time sales record?
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quote
I wonder if One Piece will make it to 100 volumes? I know that they just recently hit the half-way point in the manga, so there is definitely another 10 years of this thing left...

Hopefully Naruto and Bleach aren't dragged out that long. Naruto seems to be heading towards a climax soon, and Bleach is supposedly going to have two more arcs, one small and one huge (as in two years long...) finale.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
Seems like Naruto has an ending within the next few years if Kishimoto's comments in vol. 46 or 47 hint to anything. The One Piece manga is going through some epic storylines right now so I can see why its so big. Lastest chapter had a incredible moment too.

And I'd say... 8 years. 10 seems too long but what do I know. Definitely enjoying the ride.
mako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm rather shocked by the episode title in the image. I wonder if ANN did this knowing it. It seems that this episode appeared in the most recent Shonen Jump (released on Feb. 8th). If you don't mind the spoiler, I'll put it below here. I think this is rather big. (at least to me)

Episode 574:

spoiler[Portgas D. Ace Dies]

Last edited by mako on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
FuwaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote
mako wrote:
I'm rather shocked by the episode title in the image. I don't know if ANN did this on purpose. It seems that this episode appeared in the most recent Shonen Jump (released on Feb. 8th). If you don't mind the spoiler, I'll put it below here. I think this is rather big. (at least to me)

Episode 574:

I don't they expected anybody to notice since it had such a comical picture.
Taker128

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 am Reply with quote
mako wrote:
I'm rather shocked by the episode title in the image. I wonder if ANN did this knowing it. It seems that this episode appeared in the most recent Shonen Jump (released on Feb. 8th). If you don't mind the spoiler, I'll put it below here. I think this is rather big. (at least to me)

Episode 574:

That's the cover page of the latest chapter. A great chapter, BTW.

Back to the story, with this news being official, this will be the 6th time OP broke the 1st Print record.

It broke it 4 times between volume 24-27, than Volume 56, and now Volume 57.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1