• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Gets Trigun TV Anime Series on BD/DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I remember when I paid $200 for this series. Hahaha. Ah, it's a good show, but man, I was in middle school then I had no money. Why'd I do that.
otimus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
I remember when I paid $200 for this series. Hahaha. Ah, it's a good show, but man, I was in middle school then I had no money. Why'd I do that.

Haha, man. I came here to post the SAME thing. Only difference being that I was in high school. On the upside, the company I bought it from accidentally sent me two boxsets. On the downside, I have a conscience and called and told them and sent it back Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Nice license rescue, although what annoys me is why FUNi insist on putting out Blu-ray releases for shows that won't benefit from it while they have plenty of shows under their license already that have native HD masters waiting to be taken advantage of.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I did the same thing with the initial Pioneer release. Maybe it's time to finally replace my VHS tapes. Laughing

I have to think that if they've decided now to do this they must be trying to get a foot in for a chance to get the upcoming movie.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Nice license rescue, although what annoys me is why FUNi insist on putting out Blu-ray releases for shows that won't benefit from it while they have plenty of shows under their license already that have native HD masters waiting to be taken advantage of.

Trigun would benefit from BluRay if FUNi was able to remaster it from original film stock, assuming they were able to get their hands on it. Most likely it will just be an upscale. But that's assuming that Trigun was actually on film to begin with.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! To bad I was able to get the rest of this Remix series on dvd a few years ago before it went out print. I got it on tape too. One of my favorites and I hope everyone tries who missed it before. Maybe this will lead to the Movie coming out in april being picked down the road too. Smile
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
If this blu-ray looks nearly as nice as the CCS ones I'll have to strongly consider a double dip (already have the remixes).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quote
It is good to see Trigun get released. I already have the Remix singles so I wonder if it will be the Remix version that get rereleased.
Jih2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Trigun would benefit from BluRay if FUNi was able to remaster it from original film stock, assuming they were able to get their hands on it. Most likely it will just be an upscale. But that's assuming that Trigun was actually on film to begin with.

Isn't it incredibly expensive to do that and didn't Trigun almost bomb in Japan? I could be wrong but I think it was never done.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Good move on Funi's part, I'd been wondering if anyone would ever go back and pick up Trigun. Whatever its relative merits, it did enjoy some TV exposure back in the day, and should be worth keeping in print on the market. I already got the two LE collections from a TRSI Christmas sale and deepdiscount, but here's hoping the new sets do well.

Speaking of action/western shows from the Geneon catalogue, whatever happened with Gun X Sword? It was one of the few final Geneon releases (along with Saiyuki Reload Gunlock) that Funimation didn't get a distribution deal for. Maybe those titles were too obscure/low-performing... but c'mon, Funi finished off the releases for shows like Law of Ueki and Shounen Onmyouji.

vulcanraven01 wrote:
Maybe the Japanese won't let them, due to reverse importation fears?
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Hooray, I hope this means they'll be picking up the movie too! It'd make sense...
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
So they got trigun but why are they going to wait tell fall to put it out its all ready dubbed all they need to do it put out in stores all ready Funi take way to long to put any thing out
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've already got Trigun so this doesn't mean much to me. Would be nice if they'd pick up the movie if this sells well for them, however.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear this. Hopefully, it'll lead to a lot more people watching Trigun. It's been off of Adult Swim for a long time now.

Trigun is a great series. Some people dismiss it because they only watch the first few episodes and think it's a comedy (which it is) and never stick around until the more serious episodes that come along in the 2nd half of the series.

Trigun is one of the few anime that I rated a Masterpiece.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Funimation said that their release will be the Remix version. What exactly is the difference between the Remix and the original version of Trigun?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6