• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Maria Holic DVD Complete Collection

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
SP is only parody if you're specifically trying to think of it as one to make it more palatable to your viewing tastes. It is definitely not inherently a parody, as it takes itself much too seriously for that.

And honestly, I don't understand why yuri fans (other than me, apparently) would hate this one. If you're hating a series just because it's making fun of your favorite genre, that's being very petty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And honestly, I don't understand why yuri fans (other than me, apparently) would hate this one. If you're hating a series just because it's making fun of your favorite genre, that's being very petty.

Comes of the "lesbian-approved" wing of fandom, I think, taking itself too seriously.
Zade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
How do you know the designs weren't borrowed from Chowder? :p
Avacado Burger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Mine's totally on the way. I wasn't even aware that this got licensed until three days ago!

People in this thread need to chill. There's no anti-homosexual agenda going on here, no sinister plot to keep you at the bottom of the totem pole. Kanako is just some oversexed hornball with less than moral thoughts, and Mariya's there to keep her in check. Just a boke/tsukkomi... But with a crossdresser and a lesbian.

The yuri fans need to chill too, as this is a PARODY. No need to get your feathers ruffled. I love yuri, and I will duel with pistols at dawn to those who wish to disparage yuri; but I loved them poking fun at it. You don't see sentai fans up in arms over Astro Fighter Sunred going "This is offensive! Where is my realistic depiction of transforming superheroes and their monster enemies" (actually, when you think of it, Sunred IS in fact a realistic depiction of it...).

And why don't people like the tentacle bag? Yeah, I know people are entitled to their opinions, but we've seen the same "ZOMG I fell into your breasts" gag recycled in every RomCom every season, but we diss the tentacle bag and the seaweed monster?

tl;dr: Chillax, people.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
You sure you're in the right thread, Zade?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4