• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tegami Bachi: Leter Bee's 2nd Anime Season Airs in Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
This is what most shonen anime should do to avoid filler. Take a break!!!

Um, have you watched the show? Lol, out of 21 episodes so far 8 have been filler and one was a reshowing of the OVA that came with one of the mangas a while back. I was starting to hate the show because it had this much filler, but with the promise of a second season I can rest easy now (also because next weeks episode should be back to the manga!).
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Sadly I have yet to watch any of the first season (still trying to catch up on my ever increasing backlog), but I love the manga and the idea that it's getting a second season.

Hopefully CR still has all of the first season on their site; maybe I can start watching it this weekend. XP
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Yes, CR still has the first season, from episode 1.

So, gonna have to wait more than one year to see Gauche again? I don't like the idea... but I guess it's too late since there are only 3 episodes left until season one ends. I was getting worried that they'd leave Gauche for the last episode, and hopefully they won't leave him for the second season's last episode. If they do, I'll certainly never speak positively about this anime in any thread.
God, this anime and its turtle like plot speed.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

So, gonna have to wait more than one year to see Gauche again? I don't like the idea... but I guess it's too late since there are only 3 episodes left until season one ends. I was getting worried that they'd leave Gauche for the last episode, and hopefully they won't leave him for the second season's last episode. If they do, I'll certainly never speak positively about this anime in any thread.
Cool. ^^ Thank you.

Well, I guess the plot speed of the anime is the same as the release of the manga - super slow. The third volume won't be released until September and with the chapters no longer being in Shonen Jump...yeah, still bitter about that. =/
Bell02

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 am Reply with quote
It's weird to see Japanese Shows stop and come back in different seasons like America, but I think it's for the better for ensuring show quality and cheaper costs.
Truered

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
Well hopefully the second season won't consist of delivering things to a different character no one cares about every episode after the first few.

After the first few episodes I had this down as one of my favourite shows of the last season...now I'm watching it as I don't see the point in dropping the show this close to the end.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

One of the reason I'm so fed up with the fillers is that they have delayed Gauche's return to the plotline. So he will be reappearing before the season ends (just not for very long probably).
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Sudo wrote:
Sariachan wrote:
I don't read the manga but I'm interested in both it and the anime: could someone please tell me the differences between them, if there are any, without major spoilers?

Thank you!

They've just not gotten to the majority of the manga's content yet because they're doing so much filler. I really think they should've waited another year or so to make an anime so this wouldn't have been a problem.

Something similar to what happened to D.Gray-man, then, even if in the latter they mixed the novels stories with fillers, too?

Anyway, I think it's better if I wait for the second seasons, too to start watching the anime...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2