• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Baka & Test, Dance in the Vampire Bund

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lhernan02

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quote
I am neutral on both titles, so they may have to wait for the TRSI Bargain Bin before they get my dollars.

But one note on DitVB, I am not sure if it has gotten this far in the anime, but in the manga it is strongly hinted/flat out stated thatspoiler[Mina actually has a fully developed body (it shows up around V2 or V3), but she is keeping her prepubescent form because if any of the three main Vampire factions found out she could reproduce they'd kidnap her and rape her until she produced a male heir.]
I know it might seem like another "free pass" so those inclined can safely enjoy their lolis, but at least it gives it some backstory and a less fetishy groove than Moon Phase which I found full out creepy.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quote
AJtheFourth wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was part of the package. At least, according to an interview that the fansub group gg did with a member of Crunchyroll

Sam doesn't actually work for Crunchyroll.

Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Does this also mean FUNi will be dubbing the series eventually?

Rojas said they would be coming out on DVD, which for FUNi means a dub unless they're going to break their standing policy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:31 am Reply with quote
Never seen or heard of either of these titles before, but I do have some interest in both now with all the amount of interest this show seems to be getting. I will have to watch Baka & Test tonight after work and Dance in the Vampire Bund next week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote
To me, both titles are sold out the instant they hit the store. If i can get limited editions I'll buy with pleasure because those are my favorites 2010 no questions asked. Dance in the Vampire Bund is just amazing as the actors really have done a great job so far and Baka to test to Shoukanjuu is too funny to pass up! xD

Best move this year FUNimation! I was one to request them and I can't see me happier after I just bought Chrono Cross and Ghost in the Shell 2.0 I'm buying them lined up to be next on my shelve!!!

Note: Please keep the blu-ray available for both because of the darkness and comedy that both will bring it will be totally cool to see in HD. Dance in the Vampire Bund is spectacular to see with Mina Tepes well played out. Smile
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
keikanki wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
Dance in the Vampire Bund was something I never expected to get licensed and anyone who knows anything about the show can probably guess why.

Because it's slow, boring, and unanimously inferior to the manga?
my god. never before as a post had so much truth in it.

But seriously, unless it was part of the package, why on earth did Funi pick up Bund? It's going to please no body; it won't please the fans of the manga, it can't possibly please other people and it doesn't please the people with ... *cough* "Acquired Tastes in women" because it doesn't even go there outside of it's utterly baffling opening.

As people have said, they licensed the wrong damn Shaft show.

That person is blinded in darkness for sure. Listen up Dance in the Vampire Bund is my favorite show this season, before and after reading the manga, got a problem I want it on DVD/blu-ray to watch the two best shows this season, I surely not Razz?!

For those who read the manga before watching the anime series in general you are really doing it out of order. Watch the anime series then the manga to see more details and extra stuff. I've never been let down that way, totally enjoying both. Dance in the Vampire has a very strong approach of the vampires and I love it. Mina Tepes is just like I imagined the ruler of the dark world.

Five of five stars for both!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
Dakaran wrote:
For those who read the manga before watching the anime series in general you are really doing it out of order. Watch the anime series then the manga to see more details and extra stuff. I've never been let down that way, totally enjoying both. Dance in the Vampire has a very strong approach of the vampires and I love it. Mina Tepes is just like I imagined the ruler of the dark world.

Baka, the manga came first, more then a year ago. We ALREADY read it. You expect people to not read a manga because an anime might come out later, and might screw up the events, and might need the manga to explain some left out details? [/code]
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
Dakaran wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
keikanki wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
Dance in the Vampire Bund was something I never expected to get licensed and anyone who knows anything about the show can probably guess why.

Because it's slow, boring, and unanimously inferior to the manga?
my god. never before as a post had so much truth in it.

But seriously, unless it was part of the package, why on earth did Funi pick up Bund? It's going to please no body; it won't please the fans of the manga, it can't possibly please other people and it doesn't please the people with ... *cough* "Acquired Tastes in women" because it doesn't even go there outside of it's utterly baffling opening.

As people have said, they licensed the wrong damn Shaft show.

That person is blinded in darkness for sure. Listen up Dance in the Vampire Bund is my favorite show this season, before and after reading the manga, got a problem I want it on DVD/blu-ray to watch the two best shows this season, I surely not Razz?!

Just stop please. Bund and Baka to Test are nothing but pandering shows with a pull out of the ass plot, not really 5 star material. (At least Bund tries to be serious)

I think I really lose it if a shows like Sora no Otoshimono/Sora no Woto/ Ladies vs Butlers come to the US before Durarara
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AJtheFourth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Sam doesn't actually work for Crunchyroll.

Whoops! My bad. Thanks for correcting this!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
I think I really lose it if a shows like Sora no Otoshimono/Sora no Woto/ Ladies vs Butlers come to the US before Durarara

Had you stepped off your high horse for a while, you woul have noticed that

a) Sora Wo Oto actually has a good story, and only LOOKS like K-On.

b) Sora Wo Otoshimono had the BEST character development last year. I'm talking about Nymph. Also, it had the best comedy/drama ratio. Of course, since you didn't watch it, you have no idea.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
b) Sora Wo Otoshimono had the BEST character development last year. I'm talking about Nymph. Also, it had the best comedy/drama ratio. Of course, since you didn't watch it, you have no idea.

Holy smokes. I'm pretty neutral here because I've never seen the show, but I have to say that I got a good laugh when noted that the character with the most development in an ecchi show was named "Nymph".

I know that a nymph is like a fairy, but it's also one "o" from being nympho.

I'm such an adult.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Just stop please. Bund and Baka to Test are nothing but pandering shows with a pull out of the ass plot, not really 5 star material. (At least Bund tries to be serious)

Ignoring Bund for a moment, you're complaining about plot in a slapstick comedy show? Stop being such a condescending jerk.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Do some research, before you get all high-and-mighty.

I did, which in your case now is irrelevant due to the huge backlash against FUNimation over editing the DVD's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8