• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Cowboy Bebop Special Edition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benbboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:21 am Reply with quote
Hey....thats not cool man.....my cousin's step-sister's boyfriend's dog really did hear there would be a new one in 2015!
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
There is Renewal, which has new Dolby 5.1, or the "Feature Films Neon Genesis Evangelion DTS Collectiors Edition" which was just released in Nov. It contains the Revival of Evangelion version of Death (true) ^ 2 and EoE.

Any chance of Manga Entertainment releasing the remastered versions of the two films from this new uber "this-is-the-last-remastered-version-we-mean-it-this-time" collector's edition? I'd like my Eva films to reflect the level of niceness that the Platinum Collection exudes.

AnimeHeretic wrote:
The VA interviews and remastering aren't worth the price of reinvesting.

If anything, the remastering alone would be worth the price of reinvesting, especially if it's for a show or movie that you really love. For example, my father loves Bob Dylan and The Greatful Dead, and tons of other artists, and whenever they remaster the original tapes to sound better, he goes out and buys the CDs, enjoying every minute of them. However, if you can't tell the difference between the two, like the average entertainment fan, then anything remastered will be a waste of money.
Iria51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quote
Well, this is good news for me. My Cowboy Bebop collection was stolen a few years back and I never replaced it. Now will be the perfect time to catch up.
Strategos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I can just snag the LE box and just keep the old DVD's. I thought the old video quality was just fine. I'd have to see how much better it looks before I invested, much like I did with Eva Platinum (which had a HUGE difference in video, and the extras overall for the release are incredible). I just bought the CB series 4 months ago on DVD so I am slightly upset. Meh, I will probably buy it anyway. There is going to be a sudden increase in legit CB DVD's on eBay now. All there is at the moment are bootleg.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Don't care.

Unlike ADV's VHS-like transfer of Evangelion on the original run of Eva DVDs, the 6 Cowboy Bebop DVDs I already have look and sound just fine on my conventional television set-up. I don't care about getting the "Session XX" clips show, I don't care enough about the interviews to warrant buying an entire series over, and, even if the remastered video looks slightly better than what I already have, I don't think I'd be able to see much of a difference on the TV I currently have. Even if I should upgrade to some sort of HDTV unit, which seems unlikely to happen any time soon, Cowboy Bebop is a series I like, not love, so I've probably already bought it as many times as I will ever buy it from today until I die (meaning just once).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Don't care.

Unlike ADV's VHS-like transfer of Evangelion on the original run of Eva DVDs, the 6 Cowboy Bebop DVDs I already have look and sound just fine on my conventional television set-up. I don't care about getting the "Session XX" clips show, I don't care enough about the interviews to warrant buying an entire series over, and, even if the remastered video looks slightly better than what I already have, I don't think I'd be able to see much of a difference on the TV I currently have. Even if I should upgrade to some sort of HDTV unit, which seems unlikely to happen any time soon, Cowboy Bebop is a series I like, not love, so I've probably already bought it as many times as I will ever buy it from today until I die (meaning just once).

Don't be mad because the Remix Bebop is going to be better than yours. Razz
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Is this special edition going to be released here in the US? I don't want to sell my 3 DVDs of Cowboy Bebop until I know for sure that Bandai is doing this in the US.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Is this special edition going to be released here in the US? I don't want to sell my 3 DVDs of Cowboy Bebop until I know for sure that Bandai is doing this in the US.

Judging by what the article reported, it initially sounded like a U.S. release in the first place, to me anyway. That is, unless the Japanese are really that interested in seeing interviews with the American VAs just for the heck of it Razz.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I guess it is for the US. Embarassed

I wonder when it'll be released. I last saw somewhere that it intially was planned for the end of 2005, but pushed back to sometime next year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3