• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-03-17

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Stupid overweight, jobless, basement-dwelling otaku have to wreck it for everyone. Cheer up Nina, we still care! Very Happy
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
heh, the oft used reply to "Buzzkill Boy"?

'you are one sad, sad, kiddie.'

and then you go on about your business of having fun, and acting like children who have been eating too many marshmallow peeps and bunnies....aaaaah, sugar rush! Because if you slow down you get old... Rosa-abuela knows this.

Congratulations on 100 bits of funshine Robin... and Thank You Wink
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
100 strips, very cool. But now I gotta ask, Robin.

Now that you've hit your 100th strip, is there any slight possibility, however remote, that you might, just maybe, be ready to publish them in a compilation volume?

If there is, how do I place a pre-order?
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on the 100th strip!

Dang spoil sport. Myoopi should have pooped on him.

Here's to 100 more! Very Happy
PhoenixHeart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Congradulations Robin, especially for keeping it up! 100 comic strips are a lot - I'm happy I "arrived" at ANN shortly before the first strip was born.

AnimeNewsNina and Answerman with Zac were the two reasons I got into ANN - and now they're virtually all in ONE STRIP, capturing the ambivalent essence of ANN between giddy anime-fan-fun and steamy discussions! Anime hyper

Not to get me wrong - Zac, I love ya man - my favourite misunderstood person of the internet, keep the spirit alive. I still believe in my theory you'd be much more loved if you changed your Vader av to somebody ridiculously nice. That smiling Howl of the ol' Answerman-banner really forged a positive image in my mind that just won't fade (yuck, the sappyness)

Now that was off-topic.

Back to Robin - thanks for the enjoyment so far, I'll stay tuned Anime smile
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Congradulations Robin on 100 Anime News Nina strips! Here's to more! Razz

Quote:
The angry otaku seems to have become more articulate since his last appearance. He strikes me as a cross between Comic Book Guy and Zac Bertschy.

Laughing Too true!
Seljuk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
The angry otaku seems to have become more articulate since his last appearance. He strikes me as a cross between Comic Book Guy and Zac Bertschy.

Bahahahaha, it's so true!
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Seljuk wrote:
gatotsu911 wrote:

Bahahahaha, it's so true!

I think the guy is more like the "I won't buy it unless it's dubbed" fans who come in after license announcements to complain and ridicule other fans who are just ecstatic to see the license.

Especially when "I won't buy it unless it's dubbed", is usually followed with something like "...and you people who do buy this are just FoOLs who are willing to get ripped off by greedy corporations you IDiOTs..." kinda thing.

Like over on the Dirty Pair/Nozomi announcement thread. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by tuxedocat on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Wow, you guys are mean to Zac! Laughing He's not like that!

Re: chefneer- Man, I would love to publish a book, and I think there's certainly enough material by now. I'd love to make some merchandise too. Unfortunately, I have a full time job on top of drawing Nina, so I haven't had time to look into these things myself and I haven't gotten someone outside to help me yet (seems like everyone I know is busy too). But don't lose all hope.. I really want to get these things made! All I can say is I'd love to make these things happen as much as you do, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Thanks so much for the kind comments, everyone. Your readership has certainly helped me to keep going and stay committed, even when I've felt overwhelmed. Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaay Robin! Thank you for Nina awesomeness x 100. Very Happy

Time to celebrate with melon pan! Anime hyper
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
Has it really been one hundred comics already? Awesome job Robin, congratulations for all your hard work and time spent drawing this often hilarious, yet well constructed comic.

But wow, excellent Rumiko Takahashi panel. Reminds me of Ranma 1/2 and to this day, is one of my favorite shows of hers. Although Inuyasha was my first offical anime, Ranma 1/2 contained humor, school life, slight bit of drama, action and of course, exceptional actors. In my opinion, Inuyasha was excellent for the action and steller artwork while Ranma 1/2 was exceptional for the comedy, characters and action.

I can't say this enough, but thank you again for the comics Robin. Grandma Rosa is just plain hilarious and Myoopi is the candy eating dog like creature. I look forward to reading the next Anime News Network Nina's arc, as I am sure it will be very enjoyable.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I think the guy is more like the "I won't buy it unless it's subbed" fans [...]

1 - tuxedocat: Dubbed, not subbed, they almost always have subtitles but need the matching audio track.
2 - BlkLazerkun: Penny Arcade is usually only 1 row, while Nina averages 3, so there is a conversion factor known only to those in the Ancient Society of Web Comic Artists on when to hold the parade.
3 - I would've thought the solution was simple, Kevin turns and says "Megan, meet BlkLazerkun... my arch-nemesis," and marvel as the problem "goes away" shortly thereafter. Sadly, it seems her devotion was no match for Kevin's worthy foe, who has now won off the internet as well.

*takes off black hat*
But really, it's all just frustration at not being able to find the vet or Waldo in the group shot.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
I think the guy is more like the "I won't buy it unless it's subbed" fans [...]

1 - tuxedocat: Dubbed, not subbed, they almost always have subtitles but need the matching audio track.

oops. fixed. thanks.

posting while drinking. my bad. Embarassed
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am Reply with quote
PSYDUCK! OMG, he and Myoopi need their own spinoff.

Congrats on the 100th strip, Robin! Keep up the awesome work.
_V_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote
are you ever going to do a "picture audio drama" kind of thing?

Obviously not an OVA, but you know; you string together production-quality manga-stills, like a storyboard, then provide a voiced audio track?

Could be big.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4