• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight, 2nd Haruhi Season's English Casts Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Wait a second

They said a season 2 boxset

Not a full blown 2009 re-run boxset. Where are you getting that the boxset will have both season 1 and 2 from?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
I can't believe they're only releasing the new episodes in a box set with the old ones. I don't mind watching "Haruhi" again, by any means, but still... I feel a little gypped, especially since I shelled out cash for the special editions of volumes 3 and 4, and now I'm essentially buying something I already own. Rawr them darn corporations...

That's what they're doing, eh?

I don't believe Bandai has announced how they are releasing the show yet, but I could be wrong.

It's good to hear they could get the original cast. I like the dub the first time around, so I think i will enjoy the second season. Don't know how I feel about endless eights though...
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Wait a second

Not a full blown 2009 re-run boxset. Where are you getting that the boxset will have both season 1 and 2 from?

I was wondering about that. The second season was mixed within the first season when it was shown in japan. For me the second season is 28 episodes.

Last edited by chrisc1978 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
keikanna44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
BAD VAMPIRE KNIGHT DUB!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I love Vic Mignogna but his voice doesn't fit Zero at all! Ethan Murray is okay but I don't think he has that haunting, cool type of voice that Kaname Kuran has. It's a shame though because this series is really fantastic. I was looking forward to the dub version of it but I don't know now.

Back to the subs!!!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
The Haruhi cast is pretty solid, but the return of the dub cast isn't going to make me buy a season of a show that's mostly "Endless Eight", regardless of what trick they used. It's too bad they've put it all together into one set, because "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" and the "Sighs" episodes were pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darksharingan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that I didn't buy it on DVD yet because the only reason I gave this series as chance is because I prefer to watch anime that are 20 episodes or more, no less, I can't stand short 13 episode shows. And now that the 2nd season is FINALLY coming out I'll be getting them ALL in one go.

The only sucky thing is Endless Eight, that should have been only 4 episodes with some subtle differences and 1 major difference in each. But other
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I can't believe they're only releasing the new episodes in a box set with the old ones. I don't mind watching "Haruhi" again, by any means, but still... I feel a little gypped, especially since I shelled out cash for the special editions of volumes 3 and 4, and now I'm essentially buying something I already own. Rawr them darn corporations...

I know how you feel. I have a few DVDs of Snow Fairy Sugar, Angelic Layer, Leave it to Piyoko, Kanon, and Petit Princess Yucie, and all the collections of those (except for Piyoko) are released! It'd feel weird to buy something you already own. I wanna get the rest of them, but since I already have some out of print DVDs I got earlier in my life (2006 to be precise), I'd rather track them down the hard way. AND WHY WON'T ANYONE RE-RELEASE HAIBANE RENMEI?!?
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
bad post, delete this if you want.

Last edited by chrisc1978 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
machetecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
*excited as hell* YES!!! YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! I'M TOTALLY GONNA BUY SEASON 2!!!!

And I think they basically said that we're getting all of endless 8 so YES AGAIN!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

That's what they're doing, eh? Might have to pass or just wait for a cheap release later on. I feel bad that I watched it fansubbed and might not buy it, but I'm not buying the first season a second time, especially if the bulk of the new episodes is Endless 8. Then again, they probably predicted that a lot of people wouldn't buy a second season set stand alone because of E8 and figured this was the best way to cut their losses. But a second season set is the ideal way for me to buy it. I don't have a problem with watching the episodes out of order, the novels aren't in order anyway.

Emerje

Well, I for one intend on buying this set. For some reason or another I haven't bought the first series yet (I think I was waiting for the LE to get really cheap, because I wanted to watch it in broadcast order), but I suppose if season 1 and 2 are being released in a reasonably priced boxset, I'll bite. Probably.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
*excited as hell* YES!!! YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! I'M TOTALLY GONNA BUY SEASON 2!!!!

And I think they basically said that we're getting all of endless 8 so YES AGAIN!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!

You won't be rooting for too long...
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
machetecat wrote:

Why do you say that? becouse the 8 episodes are similar?
machetecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
machetecat wrote:

Naw, I saw it when it originally aired. I know what I'm in for. It's gonna be hilarious.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Wait a second

I'm wondering that too. Confused

How the heck did that info come about?
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Fun fact: that's actually the SECOND version of that ASOS Brigade video. The first one had another scene at the end involving Cristina Vee groping the live-action Mikuru. Not sure if Bandai themselves removed it or if YouTube deleted it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6