• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Lists Kekkaishi's U.S. TV Premiere in May

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Inuyasha is still a very likely possibility but I think everyone is over-estimating Soul Eater's chances of getting on there. They used to have a pretty strict policy against excessive fanservice (Blair in the first episode alone might make somebody think twice) but I don't know if that's still a problem.

I was never aware of this policy and I'd be surprised if it were true considering at what time [as] is on. But I'm pretty sure it's not in effect now since they aired Code Geass R2.

In any case, I'm looking forward to watching this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
game

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
SoandSo wrote:
Jaymie wrote:
so needless to say I'm suspicious that Vampire Knight is going to be the final Adult Swim series.

Oh God, please please PLEASE no. No, no, a thousand times NO. Don't let it be so, AS. Anime hyper
agreed
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
You know, if it is indeed a package deal with Inuyasha, it acutally makes sense on Viz's part. They started a Shonen Sunday manga line, and the only Shonen Sunday manga they have with a highly visible anime (by which I mean on TV a lot) is Inuyasha. It makes sense that they'd try to push another SS series on the channel that made Inuyasha popular.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
seriously, what is the big surprise. I mean most of the show that show up on Adult Swim are mostly from Viz Midea and with that in mind. I vote Vampire Kinghts as the third show.

Also, I was the first to say that Kekkaishi was going to be one of the three when people where first guessing what shows it would be that Adult Swim was getting.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with this anime but I might give it a try. I too, was hoping for Soul Eater or Inuyasha. As for Vampire Knight, not a chance, cause it's shojo; as for being on Disney, I don't see that happening. They'd not only have to edit out the blood but the part where spoiler[it's revealed that Kaname is Yuuki's brother, and he does tell her that. Note to Kaname fans, let's not get into an argument about whether or not he is, because regardless of what you believe, it is in the dialogue.] But that's not until the second season. spoiler[And yes, folks, she's still in love with him.] And not to mention the neckbiting between two certain male vampires. Very Happy
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote
What a surprise, I'd never have guessed this since Kekkaishi is a bit kiddy for adult swim, but I'm glad they chose this and not soul eater. I actually liked Kekkaishi, but I'm more shocked that's even licensed. Kekkaishi's been sitting around so long, I figured its time had passed but I guess I was wrong. I'll definitely be watching this one.
SoandSo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Dragonpiece wrote:
Good to hear, sadly that leaves our next one to be the obvious Inuyasha. Also in case you wanna know Vampire Knight is rumored to come to disney

...wot? The show dripping with blood, bishie and incest? That's going to Disney?

Yeah, ok, no. Anime hyper No way in hell, no way on earth. Rumor denied on the grounds of being far too stupid to be true.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Kekkaishi and Vampire Knight were both licensed by Viz at the same time, so needless to say I'm suspicious that Vampire Knight is going to be the final Adult Swim series.

Inuyasha: The Final Act will probably be licensed later on. Right now would be too soon, since the Anime only just ended today. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is still ongoing on Japan, but it already has 50 episodes out, while Inuyasha TFA only has 26 in total.

They announced InuYasha Final Act at the same con that they announced the other two.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt it will be Vampire Knight, it's too short, the only short show they like is FLCL is because that did well for them. It will probably be InuYasha: the Final Act because InuYasha is a big name. I'll watch Kekkaishi, just to see how it is.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

I can't wait. I luv this show.
sam6782

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!! I KNEW KEKKAISHI WAS GONNA BE ON ADULT SWIM!!!!! I wonder who Viz got to produce the dub for Kekkaishi. maybe Studiopolis(recording studio for Bleach,Naruto,Blue Dragon,Zatch bell, Naruto Shippuden,Afro samurai etc)????
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Ooooh, I've seen a couple episodes of Kekkaishi. I'm very interested in seeing more. Although yes, it is an odd choice for Adult Swim. It'd probably do well with a younger audience... but then who are we kidding, the younger audiences are up that late watching the anime anyway. I know I was when I was that age...

Why do people think Vampire Knight would EVER get on television? Aside from the vampire thing... Yes, vampires are big right now, but I highly doubt anyone is going to want to promote incest on U.S. television.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm okay with this. Kekkaishi is basically Inuyasha minus the time travel. It's a very good series all around.

I laughing at everyone who's disappointed that it's not Soul Eater. Kekkaishi is a better series imo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
I was never aware of this policy and I'd be surprised if it were true considering at what time [as] is on. But I'm pretty sure it's not in effect now since they aired Code Geass R2.
I read about the policy awhile back so you're probably right about it being over but then again, who knows. Every time a network shifts people or changes a policy, things get wonky.

braves wrote:
In any case, I'm looking forward to watching this one.
Same here, though to be honest, I've really got no interest in it. I just want to support anime on TV and hey, who knows, I might like it.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
Kekkaishi seems like such a odd fit for Adult Swim, I really don't see why they would choose to pick this series of all things. I was expecting them to pick up Soul Eater, Darker Than Black, or even Speed Grapher or something that's a bit more action focused. But this just seems so random for AS. I am interested to see how a series like this works on TV. I don't imagine it will have that big of a fan base in the U.S. but I could be wrong.

I said this like nine times already, but you NEVER release your shows on TV simultaneous with the DVD release. It just wouldn't work.

I think Kekkaishi is a show that would look better on Cartoon Network, after school at around 4:00 daily. That's the time when kids just sit down and watch whatever is on TV. Still, I will definitely be watching this. I don't watch Monster and FMA because they are just too boring to watch at night.

Did any of you guys read the column in in Anime Insider by Rob Bricken? A reader once sent in a letter to Rob on whether shoujo anime would ever get a chance of TV broadcast. He said never.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6