• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Lists Kekkaishi's U.S. TV Premiere in May

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote
This was number 3 on my likely candidate list seen here that I made on January 22, 2010. Not bad. Although that list could use some updating for the final title, as Gintama, and Kekkaishi are obviously out, and Soul Eater should be bumped down considerabley.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news! I've been reading the manga since...around the time Viz released volume 4 of the manga and I then got the first 3 and have been going on since then, so almost from the start.

But even I think this is a bit of a strange match, it's a very very good series, but not one with a lot of adult content (hmm, well actually spoiler[the one guy, a main at that, dies] but I still stand by my point). That's not to say it's offensively kiddy though, it isn't, it's pretty much safe for the whole family which seems a bit strange for them to pick it up instead of just plain Cartoon Network. Glad they're getting a really solid new shonen show (although I'm going based on the manga here....again)

Still, I hope everyone checks this out! If you need more incentive, the guy who did Gurren Lagann and Oban Star-Racers soundtrack has done the soundtrack (not counting OP/ED of course) too, which is just awesome.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
about time they put anther new anime on but it will still be one so late on at night
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Yet another no surprise. I'm glad VIZ was able to pick this up. I watched it up to episode 20 but decided to put it on hold until I can watch it legally. I just hope they don't make Yoshimori sound too old for his age in the dub.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Sentai is not english dubbing Gintama, so I doubt it'll ever air on Adult Swim.
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
Out of all the series Adult Swim could have picked up this was the one. Not Inuyasha, not Soul Eater but Kekkaishi. Is it just me or does Adult Swim anime aquisitions usually make no sense.

I'm not too surprised. They moved Inu Yasha to 4/5 in the morning, it didn't surprise me that they didn't license Inu Yasha: The Final Act for Adult Swim. There is still a chance for it, but if they don't I won't be surprised.

It seems to me like Adult Swim's not that big on anime, not that I'm complaining.

You realized there's another anime series scheduled for September right? Viz has already licensed Final Act and announced it way back in July, though nothing has come up in regards to dub cast and dvd release as of yet.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
Out of all the series Adult Swim could have picked up this was the one. Not Inuyasha, not Soul Eater but Kekkaishi. Is it just me or does Adult Swim anime aquisitions usually make no sense.

I'm not too surprised. They moved Inu Yasha to 4/5 in the morning, it didn't surprise me that they didn't license Inu Yasha: The Final Act for Adult Swim. There is still a chance for it, but if they don't I won't be surprised.

It seems to me like Adult Swim's not that big on anime, not that I'm complaining.

You realized there's another anime series scheduled for September right? Viz has already licensed Final Act and announced it way back in July, though nothing has come up in regards to dub cast and dvd release as of yet.

Just what I was thinking. Not to mention, the current time slot for Inuyasha doesn't really hinder it's chances of being the third series. The show has been on reruns for years, so it's not going to be that high up on the schedule no matter what. Also, this is the same network that aired PREMIERE episodes of Moribito and Code Geass in the same slot that Inuyasha currently occupies and those shows were eventually moved up.
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Might not be what everyone wants, but I like what I've read of the series, and it'll hopefully mean the dvd's will be widely available too.
Wooga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:

Incest in Lion King? It's been awhile since I've seen it but I don't remember that.

Simba and Nala are half-siblings whose daughter married Simba's cousin.
The late 'rewrote' The Lion King II so that Kovu wasn't Scar's son, but he looks exactly like him...

Anyways, Kekkaishi is good. I already have the manga up to volume 20, and it is a ride. I can't vouch for the anime but let me tell you why it's good:
*little to no filler
*strong female character, she's not an annoying tagalong
*AMAZING monster design
*not as much emphasis on Power Levels

Coincidentally Inuyasha and FMA, Kekkaishi are all by female mangaka...
Seljuk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
I laughing at everyone who's disappointed that it's not Soul Eater. Kekkaishi is a better series imo.

Second. I didn't really care for Soul Eater.
Areaith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
Wow I guess hell has finally frozen over, Adult swim is now finally adding a new anime to their line up.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:11 am Reply with quote
SoandSo wrote:
Handy tip for seeing if you'll enjoy Kekkaishi:
Actually that sounds like fun. Inuyasha is my second favorite of the ultra long shonens anyway, with One Piece at #2, so comparisons to it make me more interested. Naraku is such an unrepentantly Evil villain. (Capital E intended, I've adopted Xykon's thoughts on evil for big bad classification.)

Say can someone fill me in on why people are bothered by the idea of a show airing on Adult Swim or Disney? As long as anime is getting TV exposure, isn't that a good thing? It's a chance to get new fans, remind old ones that the series is out and it shows that anime is still considered a viable thing by the more mainstream network suits.

Kinda failing to see the negatives here. I mean, yeah Adult Swim seems to be run by wackjobs that enjoy insulting anime fans and Disney's new channel is unproven but, really, why the "no, just no!" reactions? Neutral
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 am Reply with quote
Finally an anime I'm willing to watch on Adult Swim, it's been a while. I'm rather happy about this.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 am Reply with quote
There are a ton of great (ages 15+) anime out there and they pick up a children anime amazing. these guys know mature anime like a blind man knows color.
I'm not bad mouthing the anime I just think its more of a 8:00pm show then a 11:00pm.
mckg1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
I never saw this coming. I have never heard of this anime(im shocked right now) well i'll check it out when it broadcasts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6