• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Monsters in the Attic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Thanks for that info.
Whoa, that's quite a bit considering that it's not a series runs in 5-10 min segments. But at 25min it moves at a pretty good pace. I'd be curious to see what the comic looked like. Probably somewhere along the lines of how Azumanga Daioh did. The comic was sort of a 4-panel deal but somehow they were able to take many of the jokes and put it into anime form while giving the characters a little more. It worked out pretty well. But since I've never seen parts of the comic from Polar Bear Cafe I can't really compare and contrast. But the contrast is pretty clear.

I have been told that the comic is quite different than the anime. For example, Penguin doesn't show up much in the comic. This is what keeps me from buying it, to be honest, as Penguin is my favorite.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Thanks for that info.
Whoa, that's quite a bit considering that it's not a series runs in 5-10 min segments. But at 25min it moves at a pretty good pace. I'd be curious to see what the comic looked like. Probably somewhere along the lines of how Azumanga Daioh did. The comic was sort of a 4-panel deal but somehow they were able to take many of the jokes and put it into anime form while giving the characters a little more. It worked out pretty well. But since I've never seen parts of the comic from Polar Bear Cafe I can't really compare and contrast. But the contrast is pretty clear.

I have been told that the comic is quite different than the anime. For example, Penguin doesn't show up much in the comic. This is what keeps me from buying it, to be honest, as Penguin is my favorite.

Seems like the anime kind of took it and made it fun, though I wonder what the author thought? Meaning when she finally had the chance to be involved. I've seen some of the covers and to quote my niece "I don't want to sound mean", and I definitely don't want to insult the artist, (hell if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have the show anyway), they just seem so ordinary.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9