• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2010 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Heroman seems to be completely tailored for the American audience. I could see it doing well over here with the right promotion.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Theron's reviews, Ikki Tousen screenshot: long arm is looooooooong.
Vent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
I guess I was going to take a peek at Heroman until I read about cockroach aliens. Confused

That is the weirdest possible dealbreaker ever. Would it help if they were cricket aliens?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Vent wrote:
braves wrote:
I guess I was going to take a peek at Heroman until I read about cockroach aliens. Confused

That is the weirdest possible dealbreaker ever. Would it help if they were cricket aliens?

...They are a flamboyant purple. Does that make it better or worse? Laughing I thought they were threatening enough considering Heroman's extreme appearance and our protagonist's stature. (People are already calling him a "reverse trap," pretty much.)
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Heroman looks like it could be fun in the same way that something like Digimon is fun. Plus I really like the character designs.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Vent wrote:
braves wrote:

...They are a flamboyant purple. Does that make it better or worse? Laughing I thought they were threatening enough considering Heroman's extreme appearance and our protagonist's stature. (People are already calling him a "reverse trap," pretty much.)

The invaders are coming from El-Hazard.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Heroman seems to be completely tailored for the American audience. I could see it doing well over here with the right promotion.

Honestly if it doesn't wind up on DisneyXD I'll be surprised.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Watching Heroman right now (so far it's campy fun) and I had to point out at 14:30, sitting at the bar --- apparently Stan Lee does cameos in all his work! How nerdy cool!

He also appears much earlier in the episode, too - see a back shot of him at 3:14 and a much clearer side shot at 3:29.

*GASP!!* You mean I might be forced to rewatch what was a marvelously fun (if lightweight) episode? Well, if you say I have to... Wink
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Haven't watched Heroman yet, but from all the promotion and design and hoopla I've seen for it, it reminds me very heavily of the Big Guy and Rusty.
Shichimi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Wut? A show all about a girl's quest to jump 100 guys? At least it's not all at the same time, though. Be grateful for small mercies, Zac! Razz I'm sure some people will try to pass off B Gata H Kei by saying something like "all teens are horny" or somesuch, but I'm not buying it. Ick.

Heroman sounds like it could be all kinds of awesome, though, and I'm liking the comments about it harking back to a simpler time. Personally, I think the whole uber-gritty thing has been done to death with superhero stories.

EDIT (Somewhat OT): And speaking of ickiness, I'm looking forward to the review of Strike Witches.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Just got through Zac's take on B Gata H Kei:

Quote:

This is lame, lazy junk aimed at some phantom audience out there that I'm not part of. Skip it if you value your personal dignity.

Burn. I also enjoyed the two-for-one takedown of Chu-Bra in the process. I'd like to say that B Gata H Kei is probably going to be the worst offering of the season, but the Kiss X Sis TV series is out there...

I've read reviews here and there but I've never seen Ikkitousen. As usual, the latest round of opinion about it leads me to the belief that it's not worth bothering with. Tenjho Tenge got me to not watch this kind of purported action show altogether quite awhile ago.

Like I was saying in its thread, Heroman's got potential and it's certainly well-made. Yet it's way to early to tell whether it'll do something interesting or just stay in very safe territory the whole time. I'm hopeful, though.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Zac man... you just love torturing yourself during these times of the seasons huh? Also what's the deal with Tim's review on Heroman? We getting a crossover baddie?... Galactus?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, first time I heard about B Gata H Kei I told myself I had to see it. And judging my Zac's review, since we more often disagree then agree, I may like this. I just hope it gets simulcasted soon or someone licenses it (I may even buy a sub-only Shocked ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shichimi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Also what's the deal with Tim's review on Heroman? We getting a crossover baddie?... Galactus?

Tim Maughan wrote:
Marvel geeks need to check it out – not only for the inevitable cameo from the man himself, but also a hint that a classic Marvel universe advisory might be making an appearance very soon...

I read that and thought advisors, as in SHIELD perhaps. But yeah, he probably more likely meant adversary...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Geh, need shoujo big time after reading these reviews. Kaicho wa Maid-sama aired today didn't it? May it heal the damage done to my eyes, or perhaps it'll make it worse with crappy animation/adaption. I really need to look at the lists of anime this season to see what other shojo titles there are.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 49