• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Twelve Kingdoms - Skies of Dawn (novel 4)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD Maruko-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
two questions:
- has the paperback edition of vol 4 fixed the "missing chapter" problem from the hardcover edition?

Since march is getting near, I wanted to add vol 5 hardcover to a Rightstuf order, but it was nowhere to be found...
When I look at archonia.com it only lists future/expected release dates for the paperback edition
(5: 2011-12-31, 6: 2012-03-08, 7: 2013-03-07) .
- has the hardcover version been scrapped or something like that?
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
SD Maruko-kun wrote:
two questions:
- has the paperback edition of vol 4 fixed the "missing chapter" problem from the hardcover edition?

Yes it has, among a few other corrections
nursemcquade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
SD Maruko-kun wrote:
When I look at archonia.com it only lists future/expected release dates for the paperback edition

That's interesting... I wonder what's going on. I recently posted the following under another topic related to this series:

Quote:
I recently emailed Tokyopop to ask if they had any info on the next volume of "Twelve Kingdoms." I did not expect to hear back from them, but to my surprise a few weeks later I got this email:

"Unfortunately, the rights for the rest of the novels are back with Kodansha, so it’ll be up to Kodansha USA as to whether we see vol. 5 and onward any time soon. I hope they do choose to continue the series, though, since I’d really like to read it, too!

Thanks for your inqury!

All the best,

~Lillian"

Maybe Kodansha America is publishing it after all. In any event, I also emailed and posted inquiries/comments about the next volume in the following places:
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/kodanshaamerica

It couldn't hurt to drop them a line. That way at least they'll know there is some interest in the series continuing in English. Does anyone else have anymore info?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3