• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boomerang Channel Launches 1st Pokémon in U.S. in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manga1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I have not seen it in a few years, but I dont get boomerang on the satillight package we have we dont have that much money anymore to blow 150 for all the channels each month and half we dont even watch.

Feeling old, yea tell me about it, when I forget to take my meds for depression the fact that i cant rember the first time I saw a cartoon or animation comes to my mind and I feel empty that it is no longer on the air and how old I am and how little I have gotten done since that time, and how good it was back then, the late ninetys were a time of unparalled prosperity and promise with the new information age, They promised us abundant jobs and an easy slice of the pie if you had brains to do the jobs in demand but in the words of an anime where is " The place promissed to us in our early days"?

I want to see gundam double zeta on cartoon network, on toonami and bring back sailor moon and get funmation or adv to dub the stars season they would do a good job on it, you can show it on adult swim all the people old enough to care about it are now old enough to see it on there anyway , dont deney us the last slice of the pie Naoko san

but yea aboutt feeling old dont even at 20 you still have some time to enjoy life and for the majority you still have many years left to watch and enjoy your life and family, and hecek even go into the industry to make it change and get the stuff done you want done as far as working for a company in the anime industries will allow you to do

signed Jeremy manga1 dont feel bad I am nearly 30 and did not even compeat in masquarade till last year for the first time and there was another woman 43 that did her first costume and won an awardin craftsmanship for her first one.
PokemonTrainerLisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 am Reply with quote
Yay! Pokemon is on Boomerang now! This is AWESOME!! Very Happy

Okay, now I just have to convince my parents to upgrade our cable service, so we can actually get Boomerang, lol.

I need Boomerang, so I can hear Veronica's Ash voice again. <3 Veronica is amazing. I miss her Ash voice, and her portrayal of the character. =(

And yes, they're airing season 3! =D

I can't wait till they start airing the Johto Journeys episodes!

The Johto seasons are actually my favorite, because Johto is my favorite region. Anime smile

bleachigo66 wrote:
If a voice actor is signed to a specific company, the only way to work for another is to get an alias, like a some voice actors do. It's called a contract. Wink

Yeah, that is true, but I don't think it was the case for the 4Kids voice actors...

I mean, the original Pokemon voice actors are freelance, for one thing. I'm pretty sure they can work for any company they want (I remember hearing how they worked on stuff for Central Park Media while at the same time, working on Pokemon and other 4Kids shows).

The Pokemon voice actors just choose to do a lot of work for 4Kids, but that doesn't mean they can't go anywhere else. I don't think they're exclusive to 4Kids.

Also, there's the fact that many 4Kids voice actors like Mike Pollock, Ted Lewis (aka Ed Paul), Dan Green, Sean Schemmel, and Lisa Ortiz are working on the Pokemon USA dub. And yet, they did a lot of work on the 4Kids dub of Pokemon as well. So, how do you explain that situation? Seems very confusing to me.

I mean, the whole thing with Pokemon USA replacing the main voice cast (Veronica, Rachael, Eric, and Maddie - RIP Maddie <3) confused me so much, back when it happened in 2006. I couldn't figure it out then, and I still can't figure it out now. It's very confusing. And I think that's because there were so many stories going around about "why" it happened.

But oh well, we're just fans. We don't have all the facts here, and we'll never know why the VA switch happened. So I don't really see the point in speculating about this (although, I agree, it's interesting stuff). XP

The King of Harts wrote:

I know that, but I don't think they were "unuseable". I think Pokemon USA were just a bunch of cheapasses and decided to get sound-alikes instead of keeping the old actors that probably garnered some good change since they worked on the most popular kids show/trading cards/hand held games for 8 years. It's real easy to keep the same actors if you're willing to pay them- there is no such thing as an "unuseable" actor.

Yes!

I completely agree with you. =)

Back when the VA switch happened, I think Pokemon USA could've used the original voice cast, if they wanted to. But unfortunately, they decided to be cheap with the quality, and ditch the original cast. And therefore, now we're stuck with the lackluster quality of the D/P seasons...

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still watch the new episodes on Cartoon Network, they're okay. Pretty decent quality. I can tolerate the new voices enough to watch the show. But that's the thing. It's not the same show anymore. Now it's a completely different Pokemon anime. It isn't nostalgic, like the old episodes are. And a big part of the nostalgia, comes from hearing the original voices (the true voices of the characters). Without those voices, Pokemon just doesn't feel like Pokemon to me.

That's why I much prefer to watch the 4Kids dub (seasons 1 through 8), over the Pokemon USA dub. But that's just me. I grew up listening to the original voices on Pokemon, so I personally, like the original voices better.

But when it comes down to which voices everyone likes, it's all a matter of opinion, of course. ^^

By the way, Rachael Lillis even voiced the gym leader, Maylene, in season 11, D/P Battle Dimension.

And then, Nintendo released Pokemon Puzzle League on the Wii's Virtual Console, back in 2008. Pokemon Puzzle League is a game that has the original Pokemon voices in it. I'm sure they (Nintendo/Pokemon USA) wouldn't have released this, if they didn't think people would download the game.

Anyway, come to think of it, it's been 4 years since the VA switch. And I think Pokemon USA really could use the original voice cast now (if they wanted to). I do believe it's possible. But the problem is, it doesn't seem like Pokemon USA wants to use them, otherwise they would've contacted the original cast by now and asked if they wanted to work on the next season/movie. It's very disappointing to me, that Pokemon USA won't even give the original voice actors a chance (considering they DID work on the show for 8 years).

But on the bright side, I think there's still hope. I mean, if there was a HUGE fan demand for the original voices, it may change the company's mind. Granted, this is just my opinion, I'm sure many of you would disagree. And that's perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions here. =)

Anyway, I'm just saying, the success of the old seasons made it possible for Pokemon to air on Boomerang. So, who knows what might happen, if the old seasons bring in high ratings and people contact CN/Boomerang, saying how much they love the old Pokemon episodes. Wink

And woah, that was a long post. Didn't mean to write a book on this. I guess I got a bit carried away, hehe. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4