• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Arakawa Under the Bridge (both seasons) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister V

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quote
Wow, new opening is made of win. I wasn't sure about the first one, but this is great.

Sister shows all markings of a Sagara Sousuke gone very, very wrong Razz
I like the new character, too, and liked the reference to all those old RPGs (the 2D field, heh). For some reason this shot is just... awesome. I don't know why. Either way, this episode was great.

I may be overthinking, but isn't the "blighted eggplant of a man" a reference to Nasu Kinoko? Considering that Nino's seiyuu has a history of collaboration with him... It'd be a little too harsh though, and the guess might be too far-fetched.
Mister V

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
How come nobody posted? Mizugi Nino is one of the best pieces of fanservice in several seasons (well, okay... maybe Nadeko was better). And the whole deal with the brothers is actually quite sweet.
I applaud the warrio of common sense, but I kind of doubt that he will be able to instil any into them Razz Still, for a moment he looked like someone out of Hellsing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Yay, leechbro! I found all the swimming stuff funny and entertaining, but the Mayor with a cold stuff didn't do much for me.
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Mister V wrote:
How come nobody posted?

I'm tired. I don't know what happened, but I watched that episode only because I felt obligated to do so.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
7 starts out on an impossibly epic note - I'm not even sure if that part has to do with anything that we've seen so far, but it's cool.
Ric's attempts at schooling are... about as successful as expected. I had a good laugh at Hoshi's new song Laughing
But please don't tell me he will begin to question common sense. I'll drop the series then. I dreaded this would happen...

I hope to see more episodes focused on Nino later on.
zgripţuroicǎ

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why I really like this show, since nothing happens. But for some reason it's just very entertaining to me.
Mister V

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
This episode was possibly the funniest so far... a Fallout reference? Are you kidding me? It sounded like the subbers got it right. Haha, but the secretary is unbeatable Laughing
Finally this show seems to remain consistently fun.
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Plot, plot I can see the plot!
Or so it seems- I hope that the last minutes will be developed into proper arc.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
"I'm a big girl who can infiltrate the enemy base alone now!"

In this episode Stella = epic win. I haven't laughed this hard in a while now.

And I think that deal with Hoshi was at least partly a Narutaru reference. In any case, it was funny.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I really hope more people start posting in here again.

Anyway I finally caught up to episode 11. So far spoiler[Rec being worried about the bridge being bought out by his dad] is giving a little bit of drama to the story which I like so far.

It's a shame there's only two episodes left I think.

I thought at the end of episode 10, Nino standing up and saying that she didn't want to move, or leave was quite moving. She hasn't gotten much screen time since episode 8, and spoiler[the whole kiss] thing.

So far I'm enjoying the cast of characters still, Sister and Stella are still funny with what ever they're doing.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Just watched episode 12 and I must say, I really enjoyed the series. spoiler[ Ric's father finally ends up going to the bridge and witnesses the crazyness of the people that live there. His interaction with Nino is priceless, all things considered. Although, it's fairly obvious, Ric really does care for Nino and wants to stay by her side forever. That was said in this episode and was well done.

However, as much as I don't want to say this, most the characters past (especially Nino's) wasn't really touched too much or even explained at all. Yes, I realize the manga will most likely do that, but I somewhat wish more background history was explored. ]

Needles to say, this is the only anime I really enjoyed for the Fall anime season. The other anime I watched either became boring or repetitive, but not Arakawa. Though it's ultimately for the better, I doubt this series will ever have a second season. Which to be honest, may be for the better if the series finale is well done and most of the "loose ties" were taken care of.

Hopefully someday this series will be licensed in the United States of America. Even better with a English audio track.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
I agree with you on the episode 12 stuff (I just got around to watching it)

I won't mind a second season, it all depends on how well it sells and how much manga there is to turn in to anime. I mean so far from the first two volumes of manga it seems like Shaft did well on the episode pacing.

Maybe this could be like the new SZS for Shaft? Seeing as thats not getting a 4th season any time soon.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote
^Why's that? The comment on SZS I mean. Isn't the manga ongoing?

The show was quite enjoyable overall, although I was on the fence for a couple of episodes and considered dropping it... sort of grew on me. I wonder what Shaft are up to next, they're not even listed in any previews. Finally giving their animators a rest? No way Razz
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
The final Zan OVD basically said "We are not doing a 4th season, thanks for all the support over the years"

I hope Shaft is just trolling with that. There's plenty of skipped chapters to make a new season off of.

No idea, maybe they are just working on fixing up DVD releases and what ever OVA projects they have.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Though it's ultimately for the better, I doubt this series will ever have a second season.

WRONG! SEASON 2 CONFIRMED!

-What was with "Treasure?" Intentional cliffhanger for S2 probably.

-Last Samurai was great. Billy being voiced by Madao/Gendo was great. Theme park was hilarious (seriously marbles out the anus?). It did not really feel like a finale at all. But that's probably for the whole second season thing.

-I watched Arakawa because I knew SHAFT can pull decent comedy when it's just comedy and the show did not disappoint. It had a great cast of characters that had probably some of the greatest quirks I've seen in a comedy anime. The faults that I had with the show namely lay in its necessary "turn your brain off" function but that's not really a bad thing. I also kind of wished we had a few more episodes involving the romance. All in all, a really solid show. I would show it to my club if it came out over here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9