• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! Back In Inaction

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote
jjwitdaheydiddydiddy wrote:
I think we have the right to be afraid.

All too true.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
I'm sure they'd want to keep Ichigo & the whole lot, but honestly, I've wondered why the hell Hollows only hit Japan? Is it Godzilla all over again? Want to avoid Hollows, just move to another country? At least Saint Seiya had stuff happening all around the world so it seemed as though the treat was to the whole world & not just one little country. DB moved around quite a bit so as to make it seem more a global view. I mean, damn, doesn't 90% of the action seem concentrated on that one little town? Just evacuate the place. "This town is cursed, people! Move along!"

FUNNY! Laughing
YoSoyJaponesa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
CCSYueh wrote:
I'm sure they'd want to keep Ichigo & the whole lot, but honestly, I've wondered why the hell Hollows only hit Japan? Is it Godzilla all over again? Want to avoid Hollows, just move to another country? At least Saint Seiya had stuff happening all around the world so it seemed as though the treat was to the whole world & not just one little country. DB moved around quite a bit so as to make it seem more a global view. I mean, damn, doesn't 90% of the action seem concentrated on that one little town? Just evacuate the place. "This town is cursed, people! Move along!"

FUNNY! Laughing

Hmm, I smell plot hole!
Seriously though, that makes sense, Personally, I'd like to see a movie or a filler season take place in America or Europe....
eyeresist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:14 am Reply with quote
Yes, I found Brian's reponse to the first letter quite inspiring. People get together without pay to make mods or even entire video games. Why not animation? Obviously the big barrier is the actual "animation", because getting inbetweening done is expensive, but actually a polished animatic can look pretty damn close. If the art, story, sound and acting are good, people should still want to watch it.

reanimator wrote:
There is nothing wrong with making Anime-style 2D animation. it's all about motivation and time allocation.
Getting back to the subject of US-made Anime, it's all about team work and knowing the limitations. You, the potential creator, has to do some serious work and promote your short story idea tirelessly to recruit right people. Whether you're artist type or writer type, you have to take initiative regardless what other people say.
After all, every artist has humble beginning, even Hideaki Anno of Evangelion fame.
If you want to be next Makoto Shinkai of US, just look at his early works. Anyone who watched Makoto Shinkai's early works like "She and her cat", he barely uses actual animation. It's mostly zooms and pans. His strength is still good camera angle based from modified photographs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4