• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Training Your Dragon Ball

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote
erinfinnegan wrote:
Wellll... my husband and I dropped it because we couldn't follow both Bleach and Naruto. But I stopped watching Naruto, too, so... I don't know, I could start renting Bleach, but does anyone really want to read reviews of it nowadays?

Well, generally most fans who've kept up with Bleach agree that since 2009 the manga has become almost comically bad. Dues ex machine survivals, random-beyond-belief plot twists, and Kubo feels the need to remind the reader at least once every 5 chapters how unbelievably powerful and unbeatable Aizen is, as if Kubo is in a bet to make the biggest Villain Sue ever. "Kubo Tite trolled my fandom" has even become a meme.

Naruto definitely has some major stumbling blocks, but it generally picks itself up and rewards the readers enough to keep coming back for more. There have been an occasional "trolled fandom" moments, but nowhere near the amount that Bleach has.

That being said, if you only have time to follow one of the "shonen trinity", One Piece is definitely the one to stick with. But if you ever plan on going back to Bleach or Naruto, my recommendation goes to Naruto. Or just read the Fullmetal Alchemist manga for the best shonen experience ever, there's always that option. Wink
Animehermit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
erinfinnegan wrote:
Woops, I missed the last page of replies somehow.

animehermit wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Erin... gave up on "Bleach" after episode 60?! 0_0 Aw, it got really
good when it hit the Arrancar stuff.

episode 60 is right at the beginning of Bleach's first filler arc, so its no wonder she dropped it.

Wellll... my husband and I dropped it because we couldn't follow both Bleach and Naruto. But I stopped watching Naruto, too, so... I don't know, I could start renting Bleach, but does anyone really want to read reviews of it nowadays?

i wouldn't start bleach up again, you've a;ready passed the series high point (the rescue arc). It only goes downhill from there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4