• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon's New Anime Titled & Dated: Digimon Cross Wars in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:28 am Reply with quote
The "cross" in the title is probably in reference to the ability of multiple Digimon being "crossed" or combined with each other. Kinda like DNA Digivolving, but on a larger scale going by the game image showing a large robot made up of multiple Digimon.

I'm sure Disney will come up with a not-so-clever replacement for the title since it's pretty obvious "Cross Wars" can mean something entirely different.

Jaymie wrote:
IS THE NEW DIGIVICE A WATCH?!?!?! Look at the picture!

Sometimes a watch is just a watch. Pretty sure the new Digivice is a phone (the red thing he's holding in the second pic and the previous article). All of the Digimon have wireless headsets on and the arcade game uses phone straps to play.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darksharingan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quote
I never really was a Digimon fan since it appeared to be a cheap copy of Pokemon but I did enjoy Digimon Savers because it was darker and had a much much much better character design than the previous series that made the humans have bony girl arms and now they wanna go back to that look? Count me out. I need both a balance of style and substance/
holy_

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quote
Savers was good.

I hope this one too Cool
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote
Sheesh, am I really the only one who actually really liked Adventure 02?

Mind you, I'm biased since that's the first one I really saw, I've never seen all of Adventure, and I'm a fan of Daisuke. So yeah. Razz

Anyway, this was posted in a Toonzone thread by a guy who posted this news up before this article about it was even up, so I'm going to trust his info for now. Supposedly this has something to do with the plot.

Quote:
Digimon army VS Digimon army! A great war that you have never seen the likes of before!

Digimon armies? War? This is giving me an X-Evolution vibe. If it's anything like that, then it will be win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
I never really was a Digimon fan since it appeared to be a cheap copy of Pokemon

This is like, the worst thing to say about the franchise.

Don't mind me everybody. The world's only "likes all five seasons equally" fan passing through (except for 02's ending and Frontier's Royal Knights arc. Those sucked)

In any case, the prospect sounds intriguing but we still don't know much yet.
ShindoW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 am Reply with quote
I absolutely loved the first four seasons... I dont know why everyone hates Frontier so much... Its my second favorite right behind Adventure. I saw the beginning and end of Tamers and I liked it, especially since Konaka was involved and the Evangelion references. Anime hyper However, I got the first box set of Savers and I didn't get past maybe ep 8... I just don't like it (what little plot there was... the "pokeball" rip off idea) or the new art style (congrats to Cross Wars for returning the art style!). Meh... I don't feel super excited or super hate against this since chances are it will be good.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
^^I did not mind Frontier and liked the first half a lot (mainly cause I'm a toksatsu fan) but I can see why a lot of people didn't. Admit at least that it was incredibly different from the norm. Half of the appeal is the characters bond with each other and their partners so removing one of those is a little off-settling.

That and the Royal Knights arc was complete and utter crap. Should have just ended it at Cherubimon. It would have still kept it's dignity then.

(Oh and as you can see in the updated pic, the Digivice is not a watch Razz)
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
As a long-time Digimon fan, I must say I'm skeptical on this...

Same here.

I've yet to see Savers and am worried the franchise is already in danger of becoming another Pokemon, continuing to water itself down in order to keep the cash flow comin'. Sad I sincerely hope that won't be the case, and that the quality of Digimon as a whole is maintained.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I was a huge fan too back in the day 03/Tamers was my favorite too. I saw it in 2001 in Japan and was amazed! I too was not an 02 fan.

I hope they have more kids that is what makes or breaks it...
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I was a big fan of Adventure, 02, and Frontier. Tamers was alright.
I didn't like Data Squad at all.

I would like to see the old characters. I'm not sure what they'd do but i'd like to see them older.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GRD84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Man! I hope Renamon is coming back! Was she a sexy female digimon, huh?

Agree with me?
Xeldios

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
As long as there is a new series being released, I am perfectly fine. All of the series so far have been enjoyable for me, even as I slowly got older. This new series has a lot of potential, so I do not understand why anyone would downplay it before the release. I am all for the new series and I hope it's the best one so far!

Just a question, were not the Digimon digital pet games made five years BEFORE the first Pocket Monsters game? I was fairly certain that Digimon came first, but Pokémon just went mainstream first.
DrkHikari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually a fan of the Digimon series. Didn't like it at first (thought was just another Pokeclone). But I grew into it. I grew up watching the show. Though, they could make it more suitable. Pokemon has gone repetitive and Digimon can't come up with new ideas every year.

Digimon Adventures - Meh ( I like the song though)
Digimon Adventures Zero Two - Joke ( But in a good way)
Digimon Tamers - BEST SEASON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Digimon Frontier - Original concept but alas they try so very very hard
Digimon Savers - Teenagers shouldn't be playing with Digimons

I wonder, if they are going to make Season 6, would Wada Kouji be singing the intro again????

Any why haven't they thought about the concept of "Goggle Girl". We need a "Ruki" as a leader.

Last edited by DrkHikari on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrkHikari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Hope we don't get another Agu-evolution. They are all cool but we need more diversity.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
DrkHikari wrote:
I wonder, if they are going to make Season 6...

Um, what season do you think was just announced, and that this thread is about? A season 5.5?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3