• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Rurouni Kenshin - New Kyoto Arc Video Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Moli_Malone wrote:
Kenshin Shin Kyoto Hen it's one of the bigger sacrilege created ever.

Why do you say that? What is wrong with this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Moli_Malone wrote:

It's not the jinchuu arc. Basically all the posts this person has made on this site say "jinchuu arc" over and over. Sorta like spam.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Being that the Media Blasters dub casting was one of the best I think anyone's ever seen, it's quite safe to say that its reprising is entirely necessary. I personally can't imagine a Rurouni Kenshin dub without it, in spite of the Samurai X films.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Moli_Malone wrote:

It's not the jinchuu arc. Basically all the posts this person has made on this site say "jinchuu arc" over and over. Sorta like spam.

You want reasons?spoiler[ Shishio has a sex scene, the work is rushed because it tries to condense eleven volumes of material into two ovas, Shishio has a sex scene, the combat is boring and misses the flair that the manga has, Kenshin keeps his oath not to kill on a mere technicality and did I forget to mention the part were a guy with third degree burns all over his body somehow has sex, and makes stupid comments about heat while doing it.]
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Don't quote so much. -TK]
Moli_Malone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Don't quote so much. -TK]
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Plus it's DEEN and with the exception of Trust & Betrayal, their main involvement with Kenshin have been crap to say the least.

To be fair to Deen, they just animated Kenshin for Aniplex, the one I put the blame on is Furuhashi for never understanding Kenshin. Outside of a few filler (I liked one of them involving an old samurai who became a teacher), the way things work is that the quality was entirely due to how much material from the manga was used. It just so happened that outside of the Trust and betrayal OVA nearly everything Deen animated was original material.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
From what I hear in addition to what was mentioned it just seems really unnecassary. They basically took what was already a very well-recieved adaptation and reduced it to a 2-hour long sizzle-reel
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: There's also a rule to not excessively quote, which you failed. -TK]
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Plus it's DEEN and with the exception of Trust & Betrayal, their main involvement with Kenshin have been crap to say the least.

To be fair to Deen, they just animated Kenshin for Aniplex, the one I put the blame on is Furuhashi for never understanding Kenshin. Outside of a few filler (I liked one of them involving an old samurai who became a teacher), the way things work is that the quality was entirely due to how much material from the manga was used. It just so happened that outside of the Trust and betrayal OVA nearly everything Deen animated was original material.

I still feel like I should support it. I feel if no one supports the title they will cancel all plans to make any more anime of anything Kenshin.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

I still feel like I should support it. I feel if no one supports the title they will cancel all plans to make any more anime of anything Kenshin.

If its going to be directed by Kazuhiro Furuhashi then I would rather the Jinchuu arc never get made.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool but when are they going to get K-On! movie
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Old cast? So you want the FUTAEEE NO KIWAAMII?!

About the movies I first was like "Yeah!" and then I was like "meh..."

....time to explode, spoiler[in the movie Kenshin freaking kills Shishio by slicing his head in two!! Shocked Kenshin doesn't kill enemies!! There are pacifist warriors like Kira Yamato, Vash Stampede and Gintoki Sakata who sometimes kill, but Kenshin swore to himself he would never kill again]

Yes, my biggest issue with the films ignoring the lack of techniques.

Last edited by sainta on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
What the heck? I thought for sure Aniplex USA would have gone after this one...though I guess with the negative perception it's gotten they decided to let someone else take the risk.

Not sure how much interest I'd actually have in getting this though. Might get it, if they go for the old cast.

What risk are you talking about?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm secretly laughing at all the people who are "excited" and "ready to support" more Kenshin at the peak of this announcement right now 'cause I've at least seen the first episode of this garbage OVA and can't begin to tell you how bad it is, let alone my hesitance to see the second based on the possibility of Shishio winning the fight.

People who actually "care" about the franchise and are man enough to admit that Seisouhen is also a piece of shit need to get their heads out of wherever it's stuck and realize that outside of the TV series and Tsuikou-hen that Furuhashi has essentially taken the potential for any kind of an accurate depiction of the remaining (i.e. Jinchuu) arc and taken a dump all over it.

Not say the Jinchuu arc is a masterpiece, 'cause it's not. In fact, it's a bit inferior to Kyoto, but it stays in the spirit of the franchise and provides enough closure that it would be nice to see a proper ending or stopping point to an already beloved anime adaptation. But I'm not sure what it is whether Studio DEEN or Furuhashi just want to keep effing things up, or whether it's Watsuki's fault for not putting more of a stranglehold on these people because he just wants more money or what. But someday somehow, I'd like for this to end 'cause anime-Kenshin has been nothing but crap since Tsuioku-hen and it disappoints me, as I'm sure most of you will be when you actually sit down and watch this OVA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4