• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Divine Ed-ification

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
So if someone is stealing it than that means everyone gets to steal it?

You are impacting the sales of Seikon no night raid because you are helping to make these things available online for free. You're helping to kill what you claim to love.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
no I am not. I will buy the dvds of it when it is released in the US. the people who watch it fan subbed and don't buy the dvds would most likely would never buy them anyway. I am just saying that there is a group of people in the anime fandom who will not buy anime. this is why most of the studios now post subbed versions and in man cases dubbed versions of there work online. because they know that a certain amount of people will never pay for it. also as I said if other groups are doing ok versions of it then, those people who would not buy the dvds in the first place and everyone else can see a high qaulity release of it before the dvds come out, we tell people once this show gets licensed we will not distribute it, and we expect you to go and buy the dvds. as media blasters just said on ANNCAST if you like it, then buy it, that is how you combat miss use of fansubs. not by attacking the subbers. I am not forcing anyone to watch or download my groups release of night raid. btw you ignore 80% of what I just said in my previous post. I am not evil, I am not killing the industry. all I ask is to not be lumped into this evil fansubbers with zero morals cough horrible-subs cough. I am a double dipping fan and I ask to not be treated like the bane of the industry. besides fan subs cause people to see a show, and get a GREAT idea what it is about, and in a perfect world causes them to go and buy the dvds if they get released.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

We are subbing kindaichi shonen no jikembo which ran from 1996-1999, and we are providing another group the translators for night raid because the translators wanted to do something modern and where tired of some of the bad fansubs that where out there for it. so we teamed up with another group and do night as it is airing. being a fan of the show I am can say that it will get to the US via one company or another, it is just that good and I can say popular since I have the numbers to prove it. I can say right now that us subbing it is not going to affect it's oversea performance since we are one of many groups that are doing it. and as for kindaichi we are the first group to do it in almost three years. this show has been passed up by the industry and for good reason. it is in the detective niche market of anime, which like sports anime has generally underperformed. it is also a 148 episode series. also it is way to old to be considered for release, because once again, retro anime does not sell well enough. even if it has GREAT!!! cases, it has those strikes against it and thus will never see a US release. we filll in the gaps that the industry can not fill if they are being financially responsible, and we also do provide qaulity subs for people who would only watch it if it was on tv or was on their hard drive (this happens in japan as well, everyone is not going to buy every show they like).

Hmmm, okay I think I have a better understanding of this now. In terms of this old show you're doing, this falls into the issue that was being discussed a few posts prior. And yeah I do tend to think that if it's that old and there's no chance it'll ever end up here, then it's kinds hard to see the show not via fansubs. In this case I'd even turn to fansubs to see it. Heck I am actually doing that now with Gundam Double Zeta. On the other hand it is still technically illegal.

For Night Raid there is no justification though, regardless of how sure you are that it will end up here. You can't say with 100% certainty that it will end up here either. Also, the fact is that even if it does end up here less people will be purchasing it and they will still be turning to the fansubs which I cannot condone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I do not condone turning to fan subs when it is officially licensed either (SURPRISE!). my group says the same thing that media blasters say if you like it buy it. I can only control my own actions not the actions of others. and it is unfair to blame me for people misusing my subs. also fan subs cause more people to know about the show thus causing more sales. One Piece would not be a hit for funimation if it HAD NOT BEEN FOR FAN SUBS. this is undeniable if it had only been the 4kids version that people saw they would not give the manga a chance probably let alone getting the entire anime redubbed by funimation (who is doing a marvelous job with it btw). and night raid is one of those shows that screams license me, on top of being one of the most popular shows of the season (and I have numbers to back that up). night raid WILL be liscensed in the US, probably by funimation since crunchyroll did not get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7