Forum - View topic
Report Inappropriate Ads here

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Is there some way for subscribers to turn off the Tokyo Otaku Mode ad at the bottom of the page? I really don't want images like this appearing on my screen at work, even if they are smaller than the image in the link.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:50 am Reply with quote
@Errinundra

I've noticed that the Tokyo Otaku Mode ad seems to follow me everywhere on the net. In some cases it obscures part of the page. It is becoming a real pain. Someone needs to point out to them that you don't get sales by infuriating your potential customers.
Zin5ki
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I noticed the offending image earlier today, come to think of it. As my faculties are somewhat diminished during weekends, the future risk of such an image appearing at work did not cross my mind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
Is there some way for subscribers to turn off the Tokyo Otaku Mode ad at the bottom of the page? I really don't want images like this appearing on my screen at work, even if they are smaller than the image in the link.

I'll have Dan add it, or include it in the "turn off buttons."

-T
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Yes, there's a way to turn off the Tokyo Otaku Mode ads, it's in your subscription settings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:07 pm Reply with quote
@Dan42

Yes, I know it is there. It has been checked all this time. I still see the ads though.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Same here. I unchecked it, checked it again, but the carousel is still there.
Blood-
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:33 am Reply with quote
I'm a subscriber and in my subscription settings it indicates that the Tokyo Otaku Mode carousal banner should be turned off. However, I'm still seeing it. Not the hugest deal in the world, but I would prefer not to see it.
Zin5ki
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm a subscriber and in my subscription settings it indicates that the Tokyo Otaku Mode carousal banner should be turned off. However, I'm still seeing it. Not the hugest deal in the world, but I would prefer not to see it.

Hither twice. The banner seems to persist.
Hello Blood-! I believe it has been a while.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
Oh. oops Embarassed

I fixed this but you'll have to re-save your subscription settings (or re-login) for the fix to kick in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Ah! It is gone. I was going to say it happened without me doing anything. But then I remembered that I'm still getting randomly logged out in mid session. I did have to log back in this morning, likely after you fixed it.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I am glad to see the video ads running for the last week or so finally gone. They really chew up resources like crazy. The vendor name was something like Sceara, or something (I was too busy trying to close tabs.)

http://oi66.tinypic.com/14ufdrk.jpg - this may have been after originally opening half a dozen tabs, but I had it happen a few days later where it was already zooming past 4G of memory with only one tab. There is almost no legitimate reason for a web page to be devouring that much memory, ever.
st_owly
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
I am glad to see the video ads running for the last week or so finally gone. They really chew up resources like crazy. The vendor name was something like Sceara, or something (I was too busy trying to close tabs.)

http://oi66.tinypic.com/14ufdrk.jpg - this may have been after originally opening half a dozen tabs, but I had it happen a few days later where it was already zooming past 4G of memory with only one tab. There is almost no legitimate reason for a web page to be devouring that much memory, ever.

You were not the only one who noticed
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
The video ads are back and causing extreme amounts of lag. These videos are at the bottom of the side bar and are labeled "Sekindo."
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
The video ads are back and causing extreme amounts of lag. These videos are at the bottom of the side bar and are labeled "Sekindo."

This should be fixed now, can you confirm that you are no longer having this problem ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4