• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Anime's Return Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Hoping for a whole 13 ep season, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Diomedea (formerly Studio Barcelona) might not be the best in quality, but they stick to the source material (and when they add stuff they do seem to understand it) so I hope they are still in charge of the production.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:
lunaitc wrote:
You b@stard! If you do that, this series will never be licensed! Razz

If it does get licensed, you can bet it'll get edited out the wazoo. At that point, who'd buy it?

How would it get edited? The show itself is pretty tame, and Strike Witches had more fan service and it caters to loli-cons as well... The main reason I think that it hasn't sold is because it has more slice-of-life and drama and isn't an action show, which from what I see, it doesn't really sell... with the exception of NANA and maybe some other titles as well(?)

However back to topic... I actually can't wait for this! Hopefully it'll be another T.V. Season, as much as I enjoyed the "second season" OVA I would much rather have another season.
you havn't seen the uncut version
The_Q

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
^^^
It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, the censorship makes it appear much worse than it actually is:

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD6Efggk5s8
sailorsean

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Please insert any scene from Strike Witches where there's an underage girl having contact with a grown male or purposely raise their skirts to entice a reaction here:

There is a scene in the uncut version Strike Witches where some of the girls are in the bath and you can clearly see them naked, nipples and all. especially token lolis such as Francesca Lucchini, who is 12 years old by the way, in Kodomo no Jikan however as Apollo-kun stated, they don't explicitly show the girls naked what-so-ever even in the uncut DVD releases as well.

blarg01 wrote:
If you've only sticking with the show and not the manga... nothing tame about what's been going on where I think they left on in S2, which I still need to see. Crying or Very sad

Again, I wasn't talking about S2, however you're right, I haven't read manga, however I plan on doing so... and from what I gather, it's pretty risqué... can I get a source?

Kougeru wrote:

Actually I did, I waited so I could see the DVD release and marathon it and since I didn't watch the T.V. version before hand, in my opinion it was actually alright with fan-service, actually in a few episodes you could hardly even tell there was fan-service... and in some instances the show could very much remind you of Hanamaru Kindergarden, (only some!) But yeah, if your talking about the second season OVA especially in the last episode with the spoiler[breast sucking] scene, then yes I would understand however because of the conversation I thought were only talking about the possibility of the first season being licensed and nothing else... in all honestly though, I could see Media Blasters picking this up, seeing as how they picked up Kanokon which is another show which is HUGE with the niche audience, so yeah, I really do see KnJ licensed maybe possibly in the near future(?) Who knows really I'm not saying that it's going to get licensed immediately though... even so, I really do think that it should have been licensed a long time ago... but hey, there's definitely still a chance.

Last edited by sailorsean on Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Nemo_N wrote:

Diomedea (formerly Studio Barcelona) might not be the best in quality, but they stick to the source material (and when they add stuff they do seem to understand it)

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu S2 proves you entirely wrong.
The_Q

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Please insert any scene from Strike Witches where there's an underage girl having contact with a grown male or purposely raise their skirts to entice a reaction here:

Again, have you actually seen both of these shows? There is a scene in the uncut version Strike Witches where all of the girls are in the bath and you can clearly see them naked, nipples and all. especially token lolis such as Francesca Lucchini, who is 12 years old by the way, in Kodomo no Jikan however they don't explicitly show the girls naked what-so-ever even in the uncut DVD releases as well.

blarg01 wrote:
If you've only sticking with the show and not the manga... nothing tame about what's been going on where I think they left on in S2, which I still need to see. Crying or Very sad

Again, I wasn't talking about S2, however you're right, I haven't read manga, however I plan on doing so... and from what I gather, it's pretty risqué... can I get a source?

Kougeru wrote:

Actually I did, I waited so I could see the DVD release and marathon it and since I didn't watch the T.V. version before hand, in my opinion it was actually alright with fan-service, actually in a few episodes you could hardly even tell there was fan-service... and in some instances the show could very much remind you of Hanamaru Kindergarden, (only some!) But yeah, if your talking about the second season OVA especially in the last episode with spoiler[breast sucking] Then yes I would understand however because of the conversation I thought were only talking about the possibility of the first season being licensed and nothing else... in all honestly though, I could see Media Blasters picking this up, seeing as how they picked up Kanokon which is another show which is HUGE with the niche audience, so yeah, I really do see KnJ licensed maybe possibly in the near future(?) Who knows really I'm not saying that it's going to get licensed immediately though... even so, I really do think that it should have been licensed a long time ago... but hey, there's definitely still a chance.

I agree with your points, it would be interesting to see if this ends up licensed in the future.

As for the manga, it really isn't as bad as some people (here) make it out to be. In fact, I think most people who mindlessly bash it haven;t read it at all, I believe they simply read the over exaggerated/ bias descriptions, they then get a misconception of the series, and they decide to join the mass bash.

In fact... negima at time can be far more risque Exclamation
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Nemo_N wrote:

Diomedea (formerly Studio Barcelona) might not be the best in quality, but they stick to the source material (and when they add stuff they do seem to understand it)

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu S2 proves you entirely wrong.

Argh, I was thinking only about KnJ.

Was the NHnH case that bad?
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The_Q wrote:
believe they simply read the over exaggerated/ bias descriptions, they then get a misconception of the series, and they decide to join the mass bash.

True or false:
Kokonoe goes to stop the bleeding of her teacher by sucking his finger, closing her eyes in the process. The guy stands there and let's it happen.

If it's false, I'll track down the blog which reviewed the series and give them a piece of my mind.

If it's true, I've a problem with that. So yes, I will bash this scene regardless what happens with the rest of the episodes. Had I been an owner of this series and was unaware of the scene, I'd stop watching it instantly.

I get that Kokonoe acts older than she really is, but there's absolutely no excuse for the teacher to let this action continue. In fact, most men would have pulled back their hand knowing what was about to happen and haul the little psychopath off for counseling, which she obviously needed.

That's in the first episode, so given this action wasn't taken, it's understandable why 11 more episodes were created as to "build an emotional relationship between a little girl and grown man to uncover Kokonoe's troubled past".

Exciting stuff. I'm not bashing this series. I'm not calling for it to be banned. Hell, I wouldn't even care if it is released uncensored. But I will state I'd buy it censored before I'd buy it not.

That's just me. Know that I don't think any less of people who watch it. They're just more capable than I am to handle scenes like this (as well as others).

That's why Popotan didn't offend me. A little girl bathing in the nude calling breasts "puffy puffs". Nothing sexual at all about that. Toss Keith in the tub with her, and Mii gets all innuendo-like, and I'd throw up if his response is to sit there and let it happen.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Freakin' YEAH! Very Happy
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Good for Japan. I hope they enjoy it there. Wink
configspace

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
@PetrifiedJello
yes. it happens.
BTW, as mentioned by others the blatant TV sensors (big huge spinning logos) do make it appear worse than it is, so much so I think it was done for comedy effect. With the uncensored dvds you don't get the sense of anything super naughty being hidden. I highly recommend you watch the whole thing though, to give you a much better perspective even if on principle you're against that scene and similar. It's not like the teacher isn't conflicted either, since he very much is and we get some idea of her and her friend's troubled past, etc. The story gets more serious as the show progresses. Anyways, I'd recommend it in the same way I'd recommend Kaze Koe

It's interesting that it is written by a woman who recalls and reflects on some of her own thoughts as she started her development into adolescence (not that she had the same experiences though).
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Woot! More Controversy on the horizon! Very Happy
sadkingbilly

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, I registered here just to react to this thread; I've been reading KnJ since a few months after it started (so I read the first 5 or 6 chapters in about half an hour) and even though it's a fanservice, lolicon series I still love it.

The story is feeling a lot more 'real' than other manga, the characters are likable (or hateable which is just as good in my opinion), it doesn't center around sexuality (all the time, but it's still an important part of the story since it's about a developing girl discovering her sexuality (and trust me that's pretty important to most of them, people thinking otherwise are just deluding themselves) and even in the cases of fanservice I still don't think it's all that bad.

Why would anyone in his right mind look lewdly at the naked body of a 11- or 12 year old girl? A naked child is still just a child. People condemning this series because of that have minds a lot dirtier than mine is.

So all in all I'm pretty happy there's a new season coming (hoping for 13 episodes again, four wasn't nearly anough).
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
sadkingbilly wrote:
Well, I registered here just to react to this thread; I've been reading KnJ since a few months after it started (so I read the first 5 or 6 chapters in about half an hour) and even though it's a fanservice, lolicon series I still love it.

The story is feeling a lot more 'real' than other manga, the characters are likable (or hateable which is just as good in my opinion), it doesn't center around sexuality (all the time, but it's still an important part of the story since it's about a developing girl discovering her sexuality (and trust me that's pretty important to most of them, people thinking otherwise are just deluding themselves) and even in the cases of fanservice I still don't think it's all that bad.

Why would anyone in his right mind look lewdly at the naked body of a 11- or 12 year old girl? A naked child is still just a child. People condemning this series because of that have minds a lot dirtier than mine is.

So all in all I'm pretty happy there's a new season coming (hoping for 13 episodes again, four wasn't nearly anough).
Pardon my ignorance, but the girls in KnJ are not 11, or 12, but 8-year-olds, so who's deluding who? Most "normal" 8-year-olds are more fascinated with, bugs, bowl movements, and boggers, than sex. I should know, I had two of them. Also I want to know the same answer too. Why would anyone in their right mind look lewdly at the naked body of a 11- or 12 year old girl, or boy, or a child of any age for that matter?
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but the girls in KnJ are not 11, or 12, but 8-year-olds, so who's deluding who?

The story has gone on long enough that they're 11 in current manga chapters. The main point of the series is to portray how the girls mature emotionally during their adolescence.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10