• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Digital Monsters/Digimon TV Anime's Image Posted

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quote
They combine to form a giant robot? This is better than Data Squad already! Anime catgrin

BTW, if the links don't work, try them again. For some reason their site will give me an error the first time a use a link, but work the second.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
Looks like a Digimon that's returning to its roots, which might be cool. Or totally boring. But I'm thinking it's looking pretty good for the moment.

I wonder if this kid has any relation to Daisuke? He looks a lot like him and those goggles are looking awfully familiar too...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:10 am Reply with quote
This looks completely awesome. Can't wait for it!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
Cool, another goggle boy Very Happy
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
Yaaaaaaay!! Digimon!!! Very Happy Very Happy I loved Savers (though never finished Data Squad because of my horrible timing)!
Expias

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
I am so happy. <3

But I am also very amused by the... combination form xD Can they really jogress evolve that many digimon?
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
Awww the designs look kinda bland :p I think I say that just about every season, and then end up loving it! This season, moreso though... I'll still check it out no matter what.

What I'd like to know is why they are all wearing headphones? Hope it's not something silly like how the Tamer/whatever he is, communicates :/
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
They combine to form a giant robot? This is better than Data Squad already! Anime catgrin

This sounds to be the next logical step from Data Squad. Granted, I didn't see a lot of it, but it felt like Power Rangers but without the giant combining robots.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
Hmm...interesting...I can't tell for sure, but the art looks a little closer to classic Digimon as well, whereas Data Squad didn't. If that's the case, I'm already a bit happy with this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
Yay, they brought back the goggle boy character.
I can't wait. I hope it's more fun and cheesy than Savers was Anime hyper
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
It looks pretty generic. I know none of the digimon series were exactly bastions of originality, but they had a certain quality to them that grabbed me (except the last one, that was garbage).

Digimon Tamers and that "Our War Game" movie are still the best in the franchise.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
The goggle boy looks A LOT like the main character from bakugan... I'm loving the gurren lagann-esque sun glasses though! lol
Predatory_Instinct

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Eh.

I hated almost everything after Season 1, when they focused on a totally different cast of kids and their digimon. Then the show branched off into the whole "Kids all around the world have digimon blah blah blah".

I did however like Season 3, I thought the concept was kind of cool. But then after that aired I lost interest in anything that came after.
OutlawGundam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
So is it one boy with multiple Digimon that can combine? Or have they just not shown the other kids yet maybe.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Predatory_Instinct wrote:
Eh.

I hated almost everything after Season 1, when they focused on a totally different cast of kids and their digimon. Then the show branched off into the whole "Kids all around the world have digimon blah blah blah".

I did however like Season 3, I thought the concept was kind of cool. But then after that aired I lost interest in anything that came after.

I agree, seasons 1 and 3 were easily the best. My personal favorite was season 3 because I liked the darker and more realistic tone. (we can thank the head writer for Serial Experiments Lain for that one.) But I thought season 2 was horrible, 4 was kind of boring and I didn't care much for 5.

I also loved the first two movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3