• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic Market Bars All Kuroko's Basketball Circles, Items

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
She's not a Fujoshi the same way a lot of the Otaku on this site will swear up and down that they aren't otaku.

If she said she is not into BL then she is not a fujoshi. Fujoshi is not the female equivalent of Otaku.

Maybe not by the original term, but more and more these days people are just using the term "Fujoshi" to mean female otaku. Its how I use it when I use the term, and quite a few others also use it that way here.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Maybe not by the original term, but more and more these days people are just using the term "Fujoshi" to mean female otaku. Its how I use it when I use the term, and quite a few others also use it that way here.

But that's incorrect, you can say fujoshi is a subset of female Otaku but it does mean something specific.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

But that's incorrect, you can say fujoshi is a subset of female Otaku but it does mean something specific.

Tell that to Kuragehime where Tsukimi describes herself and the other tenants of Amimuzukan as fujoshi, despite only one of them being into BL.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Huh...
Can't believe this topic came up again. Well, great to see people actually discuss it.

Shiroi Hane wrote:

It is a smart way of ensuring that those fans, along with everyone else at the event, are not harmed. Is it really worth the risk?

Naturally, the lives of others predominates any form of entertainment. But I honestly do feel terrible for those who had worked hard on their doujins and had to pay for their booths only to be shut down. Safety comes before profit. But...

After reading the Wordpress document that catbert posted which comprised of 2ch posts, this situation is becoming more eerie. Not only does this person has a "basketball fetish" but this individual has a clear disdain for the BL fandom.

Quote:
To sum this all up, Fujimaki was involved in an incident which led to the loss of two people you value, and in revenge for that, the four triggers, ‘Toyama’, ‘Sophia’, ‘Basketball’, and ‘Doujinshi popularity’ led you to stage all this?

Thank you for the concise summary. Please spread it on Twitter as well.

If Fujiyama wasn’t a graduate of Toyama, if he hadn’t gone to Sophia, if his manga wasn’t about basketball, if the series wasn’t such a hit with the fujoshi. If one of these factors were missing, I would have committed suicide quietly and left it at that.
If Fujimaki had been born somewhere else, and attended some other school, I wouldn’t have cared.
If Fujimaki’s manga was about some other sport, or of another genre, I wouldn’t have cared.

If Kuroko no Basket was more popular among the male readership, if it sold as well as One Piece, or was as popular internationally as Naruto, I wouldn't have cared.

This person has close connections with Toyama High School and Sophia University (as well as the manga creator Fujimaki) but why the fujoshi? What have they done to him/her to make him/her so bitter to attack the doujin circles aimed specifically toward them?

Banning these artists and canceling event is everything this werido wanted, which is why I can't help but be irritated.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Huh...
Can't believe this topic came up again. Well, great to see people actually discuss it.

Shiroi Hane wrote:

It is a smart way of ensuring that those fans, along with everyone else at the event, are not harmed. Is it really worth the risk?

Naturally, the lives of others predominates any form of entertainment. But I honestly do feel terrible for those who had worked hard on their doujins and had to pay for their booths only to be shut down. Safety comes before profit. But...

After reading the Wordpress document that catbert posted which comprised of 2ch posts, this situation is becoming more eerie. Not only does this person has a "basketball fetish" but this individual has a clear disdain for the BL fandom.

Quote:
To sum this all up, Fujimaki was involved in an incident which led to the loss of two people you value, and in revenge for that, the four triggers, ‘Toyama’, ‘Sophia’, ‘Basketball’, and ‘Doujinshi popularity’ led you to stage all this?

Thank you for the concise summary. Please spread it on Twitter as well.

If Fujiyama wasn’t a graduate of Toyama, if he hadn’t gone to Sophia, if his manga wasn’t about basketball, if the series wasn’t such a hit with the fujoshi. If one of these factors were missing, I would have committed suicide quietly and left it at that.
If Fujimaki had been born somewhere else, and attended some other school, I wouldn’t have cared.
If Fujimaki’s manga was about some other sport, or of another genre, I wouldn’t have cared.

If Kuroko no Basket was more popular among the male readership, if it sold as well as One Piece, or was as popular internationally as Naruto, I wouldn't have cared.

This person has close connections with Toyama High School and Sophia University (as well as the manga creator Fujimaki) but why the fujoshi? What have they done to him/her to make him/her so bitter to attack the doujin circles aimed specifically toward them?

Banning these artists and canceling event is everything this werido wanted, which is why I can't help but be irritated.

So if it was about football he wouldn't have cared? This guy is f***ng crazy!
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Reading that left an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

Anyway, it looks like the culprit wants to be caught. And he's not doing a very good job in being subtle, so he'll probably be arrested by the new year.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Japan is still haunted by Tokyo subway sarin gas attack (1995). It has been their 9/11. Even up till now 17 years later, they've been postponing the execution of the convicted cult leader because there are ex-cult members still being arrested. That's been affecting Japanese national psyche.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
She's not a Fujoshi the same way a lot of the Otaku on this site will swear up and down that they aren't otaku.

If she said she is not into BL then she is not a fujoshi. Fujoshi is not the female equivalent of Otaku.

Fujoshi are overwhelmingly into BL, yes, but throwing a fit over not being a fujoshi is a pretty good sign you're a fujoshi. As I said, same thing goes for the guys around here who claim to not be Otaku and bash Otaku every chance they get, but are still goddamn Otaku anyway.
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
v1cious wrote:
This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Can you imagine the outrage if Comic Con did something like this?

They sell doujinshi at Comic Con? Laughing

I kid, but Comic Con is only a fraction of the size of Comiket. Less of a security risk.

Potential security risks are the people who stand across the street from the convention center with their "You're all going to hell" signs. Every year they congregate and badger Comic-Con attendees about how much they've sinned and how their god will smite them blah blah blah. Technically they can be there because it is a public space, but one of these days a platoon of Storm Troopers should go over there and kick their asses.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote
Ok, so it's a personal vendetta, and a hatred of BL. I hate that too, but it's not worth killing people.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
catbert wrote:

Quote:
I want Fujimaki to apologize. Fujimaki knows how to contact me, if he wants to. I’ve not moved, nor changed my number.

So if this is indeed him, I'm having trouble figuring out why they can't just trace his phone number. I don't think a NEET would be staying in a hotel or something. Makes me wonder if he has something on the mangakai. I'm also wondering why they can't just trace his transactions. I'm pretty sure it's not normal for Otaku to be buying chemicals in bulk.
Ryan227

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
^ And where would they get the number from? This guy believes that Fujimaki knows his contact information already but obviously Fujimaki doesn't know. Most likely this guy and Fujimaki never met and even if they did it was in some small way that Fujimaki doesn't even remember. Heck the two guys he wrote about probably don't even know this guy exists and if they do they probably never considered him a friend.

Also about the gender of the terrorist from the comments on the wordpress:
Quote:
Regarding the gender of the poster, In the thread, he uses the first-person pronoun 俺 (Ore), and for 自分は二次では絶対に抜かないと決めている (which I translated as My personal rule is to not fap to doujinshi.), where he used ‘nuku’ 抜く, which is a common reference to male masturbation.

I just wanted to clear this up because the idea that anyone would think is is not a man is crazy to me. Razz

Last edited by Ryan227 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The person is obviously mentally unstable so it's impossible to know whether his/her words are real or some delusional fantasy.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

This is a stupid argument.

Who cares about labels? Like what you like, and if you want to call yourself a fujoshi/fudanshi, then do so. If you want to call yourself an otaku, do that too. As long as you don't infringe upon what others like, I see no problem with this. Arguing over the validity of a particular name is pointless.

I, however, revel in being called a fujoshi, even though the way I view BL is not quite the way that most of my fujoshi sisters do. However, I find the title 'fujoshi' very empowering - There are a lot of men out there that do not like the notion of women who know and want what they sexually like.

As for Kurobas, I feel sorry for all those who enjoy it, and all those who have spent months working on doujinshi to sell at Comiket. I hope they are able to sell it online to their fans instead.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

Who cares about labels? Like what you like, and if you want to call yourself a fujoshi/fudanshi, then do so. If you want to call yourself an otaku, do that too. As long as you don't infringe upon what others like, I see no problem with this. Arguing over the validity of a particular name is pointless.

Huh? No one was saying that someone can't call themselves what they want. That is not what the disagreement was about. I think you didn't read the posts very carefully.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6