• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Bleach TV Anime on June 8

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited. The $50 I spend on CR per year is by far the best $50 I spend on any media a year. I can't think of any video game, boxset or subscription that gives me as much content that I'm actually interested in per dollar.

Shiro_Shishi wrote:
Dattebayo Fansubs mature and sensible?

They troll, make racist jokes and call each other faggots but they're actually reasonable when it comes to dropping shows that get licensed.

Despite all of their childish antics they're like the most mature when it comes to things that really matter.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Exciting news, even though I chose not to watch Bleach illegally and am only where Adult Swim stopped at. Please get those in between episodes up as fast as possible, CR.

And of course as usual there's a huge backlash against CR for this. Oh well. It doesn't matter. They can whine all they want, it won't make any difference. xD
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

They troll, make racist jokes and call each other faggots but they're actually reasonable when it comes to dropping shows that get licensed.

Despite all of their childish antics they're like the most mature when it comes to things that really matter.

^^This is more akin to what I meant earlier. They're pretty jerky, but when it comes to real stuff, they're manageable and actually drop their shows without complaint (though, that could be another way of trolling the whining fanboys. Not like I care about them or anything)
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Why would a now-legit site like CR want to deal with unofficial fansubbers when they can get access to officially-approved subtitles?
The subtitles for the newer eps still have to be made by someone and DB does have their professional info page (and say they've gotten work before). It isn't like Viz is making scripts the second they air and sending them off for approvals.

And CR would want to use someone like DB because they will maintain the existing fanbase.
Orange Hollow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
It's sad. I liked DB's translation more. And they did perfect opening and ending songs translation with japanese karaoke (for me, who learn language, that was the great way to learn new kanji).
But on the other side, now i'll be able to watch Bleach Tuesday evening. I'll have to download torrents, though, since i'm in Russia.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
About time they got it but isnt this show all most over
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Since the Bleach that will be aired isn't dubbed, I continue to wait until AS adds new episodes. Admitingly, it's a tiny bit of a long wait, but compared to waiting eight years for Dragon Quest 8: Journey Of the Cursed King, several months is practically nothing.

Though, as long as Crunchyroll is doing this legally this could only have a positive impact on the anime industry.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
well some do disappear but only a few and bleach episode prolly won't be removed.

Yes, some disappear after a month or after three months, if that's the terms the rights holder will agree to ... no simulcast are on a day or two deadline.
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
how does watching anime on cruncyroll differ from any other website that provides fansub?
i never pay for cunrchy roll and i use adblock to block everything on the website except for the video. soo.. some1 educate me pls

Spoiler ahead:
@ person who said "About time they got it but isnt this show all most over"
nah i dont think it will be over yet.
both Bleach and Naruto are doing the same thing with the main characters> Both nartuo and ichgo are fighting some sort of greater power or inner monster in the manga and the anime. Ichgio is trying to conquer his inner hollow while Naruto is trying to conquer his inner-kyubi.
its getting pretty dragged in both mangas, but the action still remains intese and thrilling to watch nontheless/

Last edited by Darc_knight on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Since the Bleach that will be aired isn't dubbed, I continue to wait until AS adds new episodes. Admitingly, it's a tiny bit of a long wait, but compared to waiting eight years for Dragon Quest 8: Journey Of the Cursed King, several months is practically nothing.

Though, as long as Crunchyroll is doing this legally this could only have a positive impact on the anime industry.

The straightforward way to make sure its legal to to restrict uploading to the rights holder only. CR went to only allowing the rights holder to upload content over a year ago now. Its not like CR is getting permission to upload and CR is getting permission to subtitle it - its the other way around. They reach an agreement under which the rights holder subtitles it and uploads it.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
So the petition I heard about getting DB to sub the episodes on CR didn't work out? I don't even know if one actually existed - I heard about it from my brother, but didn't go into researching it since I lost interest in Bleach a long time ago.

What you heard got garbled along the way.

When CR launched its petition, including a chance for those adding to the petition to make a comment, DB requested its users to support the Crunchyroll petition and add the request that DB get the job of doing the subtitles.

A lot of the DB fanbois seem to have the idea that CR does the subtitles so it was just a matter of CR hiring DB ... not surprisingly, a large number of those relying on bootlegged rip-offs of RAWs with unauthorized translations are a bit hazy on how legal digital distribution works.

A lot of DB fanbois also seem to labor under the misapprehension that if DB was for some reason hired by the rights holder that DB has been ripping off for years, that the subtitles approved by the rights holder would be identical to what DB does as an unauthorized distributor of bootlegs.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Why!!! I can't handle changes in the plot, that's why I watch Bleach, I kid.

Another step in Global Anime Domination by Crunchyroll. I guess when they get enough content they will just start raising the price and charging for any content. Still waiting till they get Queen's Blade in 3-D before I donate money to them.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
How much money do studios actually get from Crunchyroll?
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Darc_knight wrote:
how does watching anime on cruncyroll differ from any other website that provides fansub?

#1. Crunchy Roll are not fansubbers. (although they used to be, I believe.)
#2. It's legal. You can always count on it being up on the site at the time they say it will, and it won't ever be removed due to copyright infringement.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:

@ Key it sounded like they wanted to use the fansubbers and got landed with the Viz ones

Probably because Crunchyroll could pay the fansubbers less of the cut. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6