• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiss×sis Manga's 5th Original Anime DVD Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
More KissxSis is all ways awesome I just hope some one picks up the manga and show for US release

While I would like to see it to since I am a fan of the show and the manga, I'm about 99.99% sure that neither will come across the pacific.

Unless Hollywood picks up the adaptation rights! They pick up anything popular in the world now! But who would be the young actresses? Laughing

I highly doubt anyone in Hollywood would touch this with a 10ft. pole. The subject matter is already controversial for most people and even if it was made, what studio would want to produce it, let alone get the rights for. Lets say if it was made, it would so much negative flak from it, no one would want to watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Fixed? Looking at Japanese census data from 2005, 57.0% of Japanese women over 15 are married. So, one would expect about a quarter of all Japanese to have wives, assuming negligable rates of polygamy and exogamy. Statistics aren't presented for Otaku separately.

Also, about a quarter of households have four or more members, so siblings aren't as rare as all that.

Take a look at http://www.stat.go.jp/english/index.htm.
That's not so great when in the 2008 cenus for England and Wales alone a total of 47% of families had 2 or more children in their home, and incest doesn't have to restrict itself to childhood siblings. Thankfully any incestuous relationship are either well hidden, or virtually non existent here, and when they are exposed those involved are usually charged with a sexual offence.
loka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Koi Kaze (among others) made it here.

Angel Sanctuary (among others) made it here.

There's not much stopping kissxsis - ANN seems to attract the vocal prude minority.

Romantic intimacy and sex between blood siblings is allowed but a romantic comedy between step-siblings and without sex is going too far?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
More KissxSis is all ways awesome I just hope some one picks up the manga and show for US release

While I would like to see it to since I am a fan of the show and the manga, I'm about 99.99% sure that neither will come across the pacific.

Unless Hollywood picks up the adaptation rights! They pick up anything popular in the world now! But who would be the young actresses? Laughing

I highly doubt anyone in Hollywood would touch this with a 10ft. pole. The subject matter is already controversial for most people and even if it was made, what studio would want to produce it, let alone get the rights for. Lets say if it was made, it would so much negative flak from it, no one would want to watch it.

They made Humpback Mtn. Incest romantic comedy - what's not to love? It's like Friends if they're all related. Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
loka wrote:

There's not much stopping kissxsis - ANN seems to attract the vocal prude minority.

The name "Kiss X Sis" is a bit more alarming than "Koi Kaze" and "Angel Sanctuary" no?

Had Koi Kaze actually been looked at by someone in some "protect the children" organization, it would have been a mess. But it flew under the radar cause nobody knows what the hell "Koi Kaze" is.

Whereas, "Kiss X Sis" does not leave much to the imagination as to its content.
LemonCookies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
loka wrote:

The name "Kiss X Sis" is a bit more alarming than "Koi Kaze" and "Angel Sanctuary" no?

Had Koi Kaze actually been looked at by someone in some "protect the children" organization, it would have been a mess. But it flew under the radar cause nobody knows what the hell "Koi Kaze" is.

Whereas, "Kiss X Sis" does not leave much to the imagination as to its content.

So a US company renames it. They do it all the time.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Can you buy this online anywhere?
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
That's not so great when in the 2008 cenus for England and Wales alone a total of 47% of families had 2 or more children in their home, ....

My point was just that "very few" was a bit of exaggeration. For most children to not have a sibling, the fraction of households with more than one child would have to be less than half the fraction of households with only one child, and that's not what is reported. Japan isn't China. But all this data is hard to navigate through, since it isn't targetted to this specific question. (And there is a lot of interesting, irrelevant data, such as sex ratios among the foreign population in Japan. Among foreigners from the Philippines, 23.1 males per 100 females. Among foreigners from the U.K., 245.9 males per 100 females. That's got to have an influence on Japanese views of foreigners.)
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:
How many other series have had OVAs coming out concurrently with a tv series airing, rather than as a follow-up?

Happening rather frequently lately. There was Night Raid just recently, and Darker Than Black's first OVA came out 1 month after its second season run. Yeah, the numbers are low, but perhaps because they're just beginning to pick up this habit.

It's an OAD not OVA. i.e released as a bonus with the manga not independantly. They're becoming far more normal.
In this case the TV anime has come out during the OAD series which apears to be out with every volume of the manga. Since when would the manga stop releasing volumes due to the TV anime airing! Delaying the disk until the next volume is a very long wait; where they might as well make OAD #6 in order to gouge more money from the otaku that buy the limited Ed of the manga for it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Fortunately I'm on the other side of the Pacific. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:36 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
That's not so great when in the 2008 cenus for England and Wales alone a total of 47% of families had 2 or more children in their home, ....

My point was just that "very few" was a bit of exaggeration. For most children to not have a sibling, the fraction of households with more than one child would have to be less than half the fraction of households with only one child, and that's not what is reported. Japan isn't China. But all this data is hard to navigate through, since it isn't targetted to this specific question. (And there is a lot of interesting, irrelevant data, such as sex ratios among the foreign population in Japan. Among foreigners from the Philippines, 23.1 males per 100 females. Among foreigners from the U.K., 245.9 males per 100 females. That's got to have an influence on Japanese views of foreigners.)
You also didn't state whether that Japanese census covered all of the nation, or just Tokyo. But really this is irrelevant as how many fans of anime, or manga incestuous fantacy would actually have brothers, or sister, or both? Can't be many unless there isn't some moral value that prohibits it, which I can not believe is true, but wouldn't be surprised. It is Japan afterall.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:02 am Reply with quote
To everyone saying this couldn't be picked up stateside, I bet dollars to doughnuts that John Sirabella is currently in talks with Star Child for the American distribution license. And it will be dubbed.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:
Can you buy this online anywhere?

Anywhere you can buy Japanese manga, Amazon for example. It is due out on the 22nd November and they have it available for pre-order:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4063583228/

The volume with the 4th OVA is already sold out there - and it only came out yesterday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2