• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toaru Majutsu no Index's 2nd Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nght5tlkr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:18 am Reply with quote
Another season of Kuroko antics? Sure, why not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quote
nght5tlkr wrote:
Another season of Kuroko antics? Sure, why not.

Fortunately Kuroko is a minor character in Index, unlike in Railgun, where she's the protagonist (regardless of what others say, to me she seemed to have the biggest screen time).
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I've had enough Kuroko.

Now seeing MISAKA get some more screentime would be nice, MISAKA states flatly.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quote
Not surprising, just had to wait until they finally announced it. And I'd bet money that it's airing in October since both Shanas, Index season 1, and Railgun all aired in the fall season.
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 am Reply with quote
gangler wrote:

Lol exactly. no one tunes in to index for index, they tune in for touma and his casual badassery as he rescues damsels in distress while working from a crappy apartment with limited food and copious homework. Index is inconsequential after the first arc.

Then this next season should be called A Certain Non-Magical Touma. Very Happy
joystick1101

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Quote:
Index, as a character, was not as interesting as Misaka.

Despite being the title character Index wasn't the actual main protagonist, Touma was.

yea its annoys me when shows do that, like in haruhi where kyon is clearly the main character. Guess "the melancholy of kyon [whatever his last name is]" or "a certain unlucky touma" don't have the same ring to them, eh?
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote
Of course, perhaps the funniest thing about Touma saving damsels in distress is that in spite of the fact that he keeps saving girl after girl, and pretty much all of them end up romantically interesting in him, he's shown absolutely no romantic interest in any of them at all. It's more like he views the whole lot of them like his sisters. And you can bet that there'll be more of them interested in him if he keeps saving more girls. Of course, the first anime covered something like a month, so it's not like he's had much time to really build a romantic relationship with them anyway.

Still, it's definitely the certain unmagical Touma taking out the rather magical bad guys that is the highlight of the show.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 am Reply with quote
kewldude wrote:
J.C Staff (same people who produced index) is currently working on Shana season 3 for October Very Happy

I don't recall any new Shana season being announced.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:47 am Reply with quote
This is great news! I was also getting restless, not hearing anything about this since the end of Railgun.

Railgun is great, and Mikoto is awesome, but I've always been more of a Touma fan. Also, it's cool that Railgun is about science, but Index is about magic and science.

Finally...

Eivion wrote:
Despite being the title character Index wasn't the actual main protagonist, Touma was.

+1

gangler wrote:
no one tunes in to index for index, they tune in for touma and his casual badassery as he rescues damsels in distress while working from a crappy apartment with limited food and copious homework.

+2
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 am Reply with quote
Sweeeeeettt~

I've been waiting for this!

I love Touma (and Index, but not as much as Touma) haha. Whoo~ Anime catgrin
Ferian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Quote:
Index, as a character, was not as interesting as Misaka.

Actually, the Index in the title isn't the girl but the Index of Forbidden Tomes she carries. You don't have to take my word for it, though. Wink

Also, YES! Now, if J.C.Staff announces a new season of Shana sometime soon, I'll be REALLY happy.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 am Reply with quote
Ferian wrote:
Also, YES! Now, if J.C.Staff announces a new season of Shana sometime soon, I'll be REALLY happy.

As I understood it, they'd pretty much caught up with the novels, so they're lacking material to adapt. I'd rather have a bit of a wait then have them try and create filler material - especially if that filler took time away from other stuff where they don't need to do filler (like Index). I definitely want to see more Shakugan no Shana, but I don't want filler. That's more likely to kill the series than help it.

No, if there were another J.C. Staff series that I'd like them to continue where they wouldn't have to do filler, it would be The Familiar of Zero. IIRC, they've only adapted 10 books of that, and according to wikipedia there are currently 18+ in total, so they could adapt more of it without catching up.

Regardless, at least with Index, they're in no danger of catching up for a while - especially if they end up making more Railgun before doing a third season of Index. But obviously that's a ways in the future since we just got the announcement for the second season of Index. Best just be glad that we're getting what we're getting and hope that the good stuff keeps coming.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quote
Supah sweetness! I hope this will be a 24-ish eppie run instead of 13-ish. As I've said before, both Index and Railgun seem natural Funi pick-ups.
Ashminigun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 am Reply with quote
I am really anticipating this piece of news.

Let's see if Touma really grab the idea of forming its own faction (officially or not) and reaction of both magical and scientific factions. More people to be own by his shounen-just right hand (aka Imagine Breaker) and more girls to indicted into his harem (most probably one of the head of Church of Necessarius)

Off topic: It might unnecessary to make 2nd installment of Railgun anime since the manga compromise of Misaka learning the truth of her involvement in the Sisters. Most the events are prior the event in first Index series. In Railgun anime, only first half of the series related to the spin-off manga and the rest are fillers to gave closure to the Child Error backstory.

They might pull another installment if they use a flashback but it would be messy and complicated if the audience only watch the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zags

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
Excuse me as I go die of happiness at this news. Multiple times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4