• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Force Feedback

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's partly because I'm not invited,

That goes for most people who get in there. So what's your real excuse? Wink

Quote:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: The Naked Sample (yes, that's the PS2 game),

Man, it's like Nintendo didn't learn anything from Twin Snakes. Laughing

Quote:
Go out and buy one if you've put off the purchase just because of the system's color.

The only color most people are worried about is the red ring of death. Rolling Eyes
QXZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 am Reply with quote
From first looks, I like Nintendo's decision to place the 3DS' analog nub above the arrow pad. It's a far better design choice than Sony's decision to place the PSP's analog nub below the arrow pad -- something I consider one of the PSP's major design flaws.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:23 am Reply with quote
I don't see how xbox's kinnect is going to succeed. The Kinnect only works if you already have an Xbox 360 and is supposedly going to be $150 by itself. A Wii is just $199 and already has motion sensing out of the box. Unless the casual gamer(who probaly doesn't care about exclusives) already has an xbox why would he choose the more expensive hardware
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
I don't see how xbox's kinnect is going to succeed. The Kinnect only works if you already have an Xbox 360 and is supposedly going to be $150 by itself. A Wii is just $199 and already has motion sensing out of the box. Unless the casual gamer(who probaly doesn't care about exclusives) already has an xbox why would he choose the more expensive hardware

Uh, excuse me, you don't understand.

With the Kinect you can pet a kitty and play table tennis.

These are game changers. The revolution is now.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 am Reply with quote
I really don't care at all about motion controls or 3D. I'm glad to see some of these various long rumored Nintendo titles finally confirmed and shown though.

Zac wrote:

OH. MY. GOD. No longer must I walk out to the garage or go 'ps ps ps' in order to do these things! The future is here!
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:46 am Reply with quote
shamisen: I guess the idea of selling it separately and charging that much for it was a follow-up to that totally "genius" move of forcing buyers to pay extra to watch DVDs on the previous X-box. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, the only DS Dragon Quest I care about right now is VI. So I'm wondering why SQ'Enix is stalling on the U.S release. [Maybe they hope Nintendo promoting IX will help 'em sell more copies?] I do appreciate that 3DS is backwards compatible, though, because I'll probably need to upgrade in the future. I just hope it doesn't cost as much as a first-gen PSP, but then I'd be really surprised if they managed to keep it under $150. Perhaps they'll go the battery route and force my ass to buy an adapter separately?
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quote

Compared to the Wii it may not seem like a good buy, but I think it's a better deal compared to the Move. With the Kinect it's just a one item purchase for as many players as the particular game supports. For the Move you're looking at $100 for the starter and $30 for the Navigator just for one player to be fully equipped and another $80 for a second fully equipped player. Plus being controllers they will wear out eventually so there's also replacement costs). Even the Wii has to rely on extra controllers and Nunchucks (and classic controllers as well) so in the long run I think the Kinect is a good buy.

But I'm not a fan of motion controls so I'm not buying into either. Razz (Plus my couch is about 4 feet from the TV...)

Those screens for Kid Icarus in the article kinda concern me. In the trailer shown at E3 the graphics looked very crisp and smooth even on the big screen making the new 3DS GPU upgrade look promising, but the stills looked rough and jagged, not at all like what was in the trailer. What gives?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:23 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Wait. I can do BOTH. Forget everythiong I said; now I'm buying one for every tv in my house
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quote
So the real power of the 3DS is I can now see Todd's "They Live" subliminal messages?
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:01 am Reply with quote
Despite its typical trappings, Hexys Force looks like something I'd actually enjoy playing right about now, especially amidst the E3 trappings of SHOOTER RACER SPORTS MORE SHOOTER. I think the only RPG I saw getting any face time was a bit of the new Golden Sun.

What cliche-ness is in it may be offset by the quicker pace of the story. If I owned a PSP, I'd pick it up. Plus, Irene is really cute. Maybe I have a secret weakness for spring-like hair coiffing.
Ta-kun The Black Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 am Reply with quote
I see no Golden Sun: Dark Dawn news here. Anime cry
JuicyB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Why limit yourself to petting kitties? I'm counting on eroge games to take this technology to new levels of depravity!!

uh yeah... but seriously I've been drooling over the Kid Icarus video ever since I saw it yesterday. I played the Gameboy version for at least over 9000 hours when I was a kid. It was a brilliant game and I have literally been waiting years for a sequel.

Kid Icarus and promises of Megami Tensei pretty much make the 3DS a guaranteed day one purchase for me.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:27 am Reply with quote
Ta-kun The Black Kitty wrote:
I see no Golden Sun: Dark Dawn news here. Anime cry

-pets- You'll be getting plenty from other places.

Nintendo was pretty much stuffed to the brim with titles. My wallet is going to be hurting this fall
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote
Speaking as a devoted Nintendo fan, their last three E3 shows have been like being slapped in the face repeatedly by your best friend.

This one was different. Around the time I noticed the Ocarina of Time remake I had a very strong mental image of a person stepping up to a batting plate and hitting a continuous stream of home-runs.

Microsoft's showing on the other hand was huge let-down. I've been looking forward to Kinect ever since it was announced and started watching their show with the firm expectation that I would buy one when it comes out. Now I have lost all interest in it. They're making exactly the same mistakes Nintendo did by making this innovative technoogy with huge potential and then squandering it all on casual games. It's not that I have a problem with those types of games, it's just that they seem to be focusing on them to the exclusion of all else.

Sony on the other hand gave me a lot more confidence in the Move, as it seemed to be geared heavily towards hardcore titles.
videomaster21XX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quote
You know Todd Ciolek I'm not sure which is worse.

The fact you wrote that quote for the Hexyz Force Cover picture, or the fact that I got and laughed at the joke. Anime smile;

EDIT: Thought I should point out that I mean I -really- get the joke. I have that anime.

Last edited by videomaster21XX on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3