• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can something please be done about a serial spoiler poster?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
誤称

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
User ookamigirl has posted in every bloody currently airing anime thread this week with spoilers and no spoiler tags. Can you please do something about this already?
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quote
I put a warning on one of these earlier today that I was going to start removing her posts if she didn't stop doing that. If she continues to do it after this point, post again in this thread with a link and I'll take care of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quote
The stuff he/she posts usually has no more merit than a short preview found at the end of the previous episode, so I don't see the issue skipping it altogether. Let's not even mention the awful format.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2495738&highlight=#2495738

And she strikes early....

I'll link her here as well.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
She/he's been around for a while; if you look at her past posts they've always been spoiler tagged (not that that justifies this of course) but I wonder what happened to make them not be so this week.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2495738&highlight=#2495738

And she strikes early....

I'll link her here as well.

So she is almost similar to batman.

In all seriousness, this person has been here on ANN for some time, but from what I remember they did include spoiler tags. Not sure why they didn't include them this week, but it's possible they merely forgot.

Given this was done several times, I don't think this was the case, but it's hard to say.
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
She posts the same thing across several forums. (Copy & paste.) In some forums, her posts require spoiler tags. In other forums, they don't. She probably got confused as to which forums required what.
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
She did it AGAIN: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2500024&highlight=#2500024

Seriously, if all she does is pop back and forth from one forum to another copy and pasting these spoilerrific synopsizes what value is she adding? She's not discussing anything, she's just infodumping in the worst possible way.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
I don't really mind what she writes, and I don't even care that she doesn't use spoiler tags (but she should use them since rules are rules and she's been warned enough times). The thing that gets me is that KLAC used to be so awesome with his summaries, and ookamigirl is just not funny by comparison. But then again 誤称, she doesn't have to add much and she doesn't have to be funny. ookamigirl just has to follow the rules, specifically the use of spoiler tags (especially since she posts so soon after the episode airs). The problem was never about the posts themselves. I actually find her posts useful because they remind me that the latest episode has come out and that I need to watch it.
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Valid points.

But you could do the exact same thing with a free app on your phone without breaking the rules of the forum....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1