• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Totally Boss

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Wetall wrote:
What's the "sad" story behind Corey Maddox, exactly? I tried Googling his name and all I came up with is that he got banned from the Voiceacting Alliance forum for this whole shady charade. Am I missing something here?

I'm guessing they were referring to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote
not sure if other people mention this before.
I would like to watch anime in ANN, but it's very annoying to watch any video here. And kind hard to navigate the video section of the website.
Frazmataz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Scamp wrote:
...yes I know the legalities behind region locking and I'm just being tongue in cheek. But it does get really frustrating ya know

Definitely. I realise ANN do all they can to try and get this stuff streaming to as many people as possible, and I'm not going to start blaming them for region barriers, but it's still annoying considering the relatively slim pickings we get in the UK already Confused
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Frazmataz wrote:
Scamp wrote:
...yes I know the legalities behind region locking and I'm just being tongue in cheek. But it does get really frustrating ya know

Definitely. I realise ANN do all they can to try and get this stuff streaming to as many people as possible, and I'm not going to start blaming them for region barriers, but it's still annoying considering the relatively slim pickings we get in the UK already Confused

Other than Crunchyroll, which seems to be getting over 80% of its simulcasts cleared for the UK, is there any other major source? I know that Hulu is out, and all the sites that rely on Hulu.
Frazmataz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 am Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Other than Crunchyroll, which seems to be getting over 80% of its simulcasts cleared for the UK, is there any other major source? I know that Hulu is out, and all the sites that rely on Hulu.

I can't think of a single one Confused
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Some of FUNimation's Youtube streams are open to the UK, as are some ADV-era titles on the Anime Network, and the first episodes showing on Media Blaster's site. Locally all we have is a couple of things from Manga on their site, Youtube and iTunes, and some Manga and Sony films on the PSN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Some of FUNimation's Youtube streams are open to the UK, as are some ADV-era titles on the Anime Network, and the first episodes showing on Media Blaster's site. Locally all we have is a couple of things from Manga on their site, Youtube and iTunes, and some Manga and Sony films on the PSN.

Cool, which anime from Funimation's Youtube stream are allowed for the UK. Which ADV titles are streaming in UK? and Media Blaster's stream?

Yeah, I'm sorry the UK PSN Video store don't have the TV show feature on there yet Sad . The TV show thing on PSN is currently for Japan and USA. So it might take a while until you guys get it. Stay in there and keep your finger cross.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I believe it is all of the first episodes on Media Blaster's site
For FUNimation on Youtube it is hit and miss depending what they have rights for.
For Anime Network it is all the titles formerly released on DVD in the UK by ADV (plus a few extras they never released here despite clearly having the rights to like Yumeria and Nanaka 6/17), plus some Enoki titles like Alice Academy (see here). None of the "neo-ADV" titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kami-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
Happy BDay Justin.

When I was 30 anime wasn't a part of my life.

My first direct anime exposure was watching Wolf's Rain in 2005 on Adult swim when I was already well into my 30's.

Today I have nearly 2 full bookshelves full of anime the I actually bought in stores or online.

Yes I have a shitload of fansubs. But even a simle otaku like me would rather buy Queen's Blade from a reputable seller like Best Buy. Keep up the good work, and I hope that anime still holds a place in your heart when your pushing 40 like I am. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4