• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim on August 28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. SERIOUSLY?! I figured Brohood had enough episodes dubbed to just play straight through without a hiatus...

I'm actually enjoying Kekkaishi, but I couldn't care less about more Bleach episodes. I record the new episodes of The Boondocks when they air on Sunday, so whether it's on Saturday makes no difference to me.... and I am not a fan of KotH.

As for Cowboy Bebop, that show's been on AS since the beginning (either 2001 or 2002). Considering that it's only 26 episodes long, that's a LONG time to keep airing repeats. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back later, but if not, everyone and their grandma has had a chance to catch the episodes.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Supermutant wrote:
I hope someone attending Anime Expo asks funimation this weekend why the hiatus and maybe will find out why. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim is in such a mess I am surprised it's still going. That Michael Jackson/Frankstein crap that was on last week. Ugh! Seriously you can't have bleach and FMA: Brotherhood both have new episodes? What rating would be to much good for you? Saturday schedule and Venture Brothers only good thing about AS anymore and they screw that up too.

I doubt if the two shows have anything to do with whether the other is on or not. If they both had material that was ready to go at the same time, then they'd both get aired Saturday night.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, in some ways I'm not surprised to see the hiatus status for FMA: Brotherhood. The second boxset, with episodes 14-26, comes out in August. I'm sure this is currently as far as they've come with dubbing so far and needs some time to get more episodes dubbed to place on DVD and TV. I'd like to hope that by the end of the year we'll have more episodes back on TV, but if we don't, then that's just something we have to deal with and accept.

I'm a little perturbed by part of the anime block getting chopped off (essentially) and have KotH and Boondocks as replacements - why not show other anime? I'm sure AS still has rights to other shows, so why not show them instead of playing more of their other programming? But meh, whatever.

Also, cool for new Bleach - I personally don't watch it (but once the dub gets closer and closer to my favorite arc in the manga, then I'll probably watch that), but I know others that do, so awesome for them.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I think Cowboy Bebop was airing when I lived in a college dorm... back in 2001. It's about time they gave that show a rest.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
I think the whining in here is more ridiculous than AS' changes.

Agreed. AS just can't win with some of you people. I for one am grateful for this great news. Could be much, much worse. AS could very easily remove all anime and just have those live action shows or Squadbillies.

Seriously, if you don't like the series, don't watch the series.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Lets be honest, [AS] is known for not liking their anime fans.

But they also know that shows like FMA and Bleach have high USA fan bases, but if your like me, you don't watch shows like KotH, or Boondocks, and they may or may no know that. And they don't like not getting viewers for their original programs.

By the way, regarding Kekkashi, I only watch it since Vic Migonga plays one of the main characters, in my oppion , it's alittle different from some of the other anime I've seen. It's descent.

But it was also announced that AdultSwim would only show up to episode 26 for now.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-04/adult-swim-to-debut-fullmetal-alchemist/brotherhood

Last edited by InuNaruPokeAlchemist on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote
CanadianCrippler wrote:
King of the Hill is the replacement?

Is this the beginning of the end?

King Of The Hill is a great show, IMO.

But... I don't really get how it's "replacing" anything. What time do Cowboy Bebop and Ghost In The Shell air?

Anyway, I don't know if I will even watch Bleach on AS anymore. I'm waiting to see how Crunchy Roll does the streaming schedule first.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
John Casey wrote:

Agreed. AS just can't win with some of you people. I for one am grateful for this great news. Could be much, much worse. AS could very easily remove all anime and just have those live action shows or Squadbillies.

Seriously, if you don't like the series, don't watch the series.

Frankly, Squidbillies and a few of the live-action series have been the best offerings from [as] since the Sealab days.

But y'all didn't like Sealab either.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

you think? it's downright stupid if you ask me. At least new eps of bleach is showing. Also unlike some people I liked Kekaishi. though i would admit it's would have been better off on Scifi's Ani-Monday instead of AS. Monster would have been a lot better for AS and definitely gundam 00 as well since no one have seen a gundam series on AS since 0083: Stardust Memory & 0080: War in the Pocket.

However john, I dont blame some people fow whining. their releasing less and less anime on AS when it was the same thing that made it popular in the late 90's/early 2000's . and the only anime i see now are only viedeo game based anime , (pokemon,yugioh 5d's,bakguan) and even they are edited. Though I do enjoy watching them a lot, the core otakus do not which are in AS demograph. they (Cartoon Network) have to start bringing more anime for AS for it's core audience and less and less with kids shows and DEFINITELY no more of these live action crap and less of those crappy fox shows though I do not mind boondocks.

and also rescue naruto from the evil 4kids type clone that is disney xd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gasero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Too late, Crunchyroll has it now and I don't have to wait till midnight on Saturday to watch. Although, to be fair AS also posts episodes on its website.

Quote:
Additionally, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell will complete their runs on August 8 and be replaced by the American animated series King of the Hill and Boondocks

That sums up the direction AS will ultimately take. They keep pretending to care about long term viability of anime, but they'll never move forward if that keeps up. Disney and Nickelodeon are giving anime more of a chance than AS nowadays.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Do any of you even remember the block's history?
jr0904 wrote:
...definitely gundam 00 as well since no one have seen a gundam series on AS since 0083: Stardust Memory.

0080, actually, and it's been seven years. Gundam no longer fits their block.
Quote:
However john, I don't blame some people fow whining. their releasing less and less anime on AS when it was the same thing that made it popular in the late 90's/early 2000's .

[as] premiered in September of 2001 with only Cowboy Bebop. Then they gave Saturday a full anime slot, and it underperformed, so it was replaced by Toonami. Which also underperformed, but nevermind.
Quote:
and the only anime i see now are only viedeo game based anime , (pokemon,yugioh 5d's,bakguan) and even they are edited.

Wow. Those have never been on [as].
Quote:
Though I do enjoy watching them a lot, they have to start bringing more anime for AS for it's core audience and less and less with kids shows and DEFINITELY no more of these live action crap.

What?! [as] is so successful it's starting an hour earlier in January! Their bread-and-butter, the most popular programs, have always been their original programming (yes, and Futurama/Family Guy).
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm pretty sure they're still working on FMA:B because it's not even done yet in Japan, and I know that Vic said he goes in and dubs at Funi in week long bursts so I'm sure they're still working on it, I'm pretty sure they're most likely passed episode 26 but sound mixing and all those other details we never think of definitely take time to do.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who feels celebratory about the new dubbed episodes of Bleach coming? The only thing I have to say is "Hoo-Wah! It's about time!"

As far as FMA: Brotherhood is concerned, no doubt it'll come back--look at how long it took Bleach to come back. Even if it doesn't I can always get around to purchasing the discs. It's just over 60 episodes long, which is economic compared to how long Bleach is still running.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
I was starting to wonder when/if new eps would ever return to as. I was spoiled by two new eps a week, but back when it first started airing only one ep was shown. It'll be tough, but I will survive.

It is weird that they are putting King and Boon on so late. Guess it'll become game time!

I'm pretty certain they're just going to repeat the earlier block from 10-2. Like they do for their other nights.

Also Futurama left Adult Swim to Comedy Central over two years ago. Family Guy still holds it down though. King of the Hill is one of the finest American animated shows from the past two decades, not some mediocre crap.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Supermutant wrote:
I hope someone attending Anime Expo asks funimation this weekend why the hiatus and maybe will find out why. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim is in such a mess I am surprised it's still going. That Michael Jackson/Frankstein crap that was on last week. Ugh! Seriously you can't have bleach and FMA: Brotherhood both have new episodes? What rating would be to much good for you? Saturday schedule and Venture Brothers only good thing about AS anymore and they screw that up too.

I doubt if the two shows have anything to do with whether the other is on or not. If they both had material that was ready to go at the same time, then they'd both get aired Saturday night.

But you forget one thing this not a tv station that is known bright moves so it's not beyond them to have enough of FMA to continue it beyond august. Again I mention Venture Brothers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5