• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim on August 28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I think Cowboy Bebop was airing when I lived in a college dorm... back in 2001. It's about time they gave that show a rest.

Why do people say things like this. It's been given a rest, dozens of times.

And KoTH and Boondocks reruns may not be particularly desirable, but AS doesn't have much anime to rotate anymore. What can you do?...
FMPhoenixHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
[Perhaps this will be called whining. Honestly, I don't care anymore.]

Wait, so we don't get enough KotH by having an hour of it every day, we have to have a SECOND airing of it in the middle of the anime block on Saturday? And Boondocks? I have never liked Boondocks (Yes, I gave it a chance, just like the comic. It was dumb.) and I never liked KotH when it first came out on TV. So I really don't want my one day of anime interrupted by this [Censored: Horse bio-waste] I mean, sure, I can watch episodes of Bleach on Crunchyroll, or Viz's site, or Hulu (Though, now have to pay $$ for the older eps.) But I don't like doing that. I have a nice TV to watch this stuff on. That's the point. Also, watching a subbed version is harder to do. So, this is not a good thing.

If they wanted to fill that time, they could have A) re-snagged the licenses for stuff they had that's probably still out there B) kept airing an hour of Bleach C) expanded a few of the other shows. Sure, I've seen Bebop and GitS:SAC to death (And have them on DVD) but I'd rather have those there than some lame comedies that already have more airtime than they need/deserve.
jodecideion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I think most people are getting Adult Swim confused with Midnight Run. Which was the anime inspired block before Adult Swim. That also showed the Uncut Gundam Wing that lead to Adult Swim being created. If your going to use Wikipedia look a little further for more details!

The Midnight Run on Saturday the all night anime and anime like shows. Still had some CN made series like Space Ghost ,and US cartoons like Thundercats. Either way Adult Swim has been trying for years to push anime out. Once Toonami called it quits they really had to reason to show it at night. Adult Swim may have been throwing CN fans a few bones. With some of the series they have been getting. It's just to soften the blow once all anime is gone. So you have 2 choices watch what they give you. Or just give up on the channel all together.
There are more choices now with channels like Disney, Sci Fi, Chill, and Nick. All showing anime!
malik_chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Lets be honest, [AS] is known for not liking their anime fans, it's a proven fact.

No it's not, you have no proof.

It kinda sucks AS has to resort to rerunning the 10-2 block on Saturday. Of course, if they had kept most of the their anime instead of letting the airing rights lapse...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
This should be common business knowlege already: AS almost always buys shows in 26-ep chunks, regardless where in the story that cuts off. Each time, they reassess whether to continue buying the series, for how much, etc. That's how they plan their schedules.
Chibi Buizel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote
At first I was excited, when I saw they were bringing back Bleach, but why'd it have to take FMA's slot? Anger!
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
And now I'm seeing this whining become "justified" with sheer ignorance for arguments...

What on the earth is the matter with you people? :/
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
And now I'm seeing this whining become "justified" with sheer ignorance for arguments...

It never ceases to amaze me John Casey. It seriously just never does.

The fact anime is still on American television and or television at at all in the United States is down right impressive. After Toonami closed and Cartoon Network removed almost all the anime shows, I am still surprised there are stations that schedule anime on their stations truly is a wonder.

Eventually, sometime in the future, there is a chance that there won't be any anime on television. Imagine that and tell me if that and honestly tell me that is better than just limited amounts of anime?

For the most part, in terms of anime on television, something is almost always better than nothing at all. At least for now, AS still shows anime, regardless of the amount.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

What saddens me is the ignorance most commentors have shown in the knowledge the cost of producing a television show, the practice of acquiring broadcasting rights, and the art of finding and retaining ad revenue.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote
FMPhoenixHawk wrote:
I mean, sure, I can watch episodes of Bleach on Crunchyroll, or Viz's site, or Hulu (Though, now have to pay $$ for the older eps.)

What are you talking about?

I saw the "Hulu Plus" announcement, but I think paying for the back seasons is not applicable to Bleach, since the older seasons of Bleach were on there before the announcement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the back seasons that are being paid for are of US shows that they can only keep the newest episodes of.
Gasero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I doubt Hulu Plus will affect anime shows too much. Besides, if you keep up with the shows you are watching it won't matter anyways
PBsallad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
FMPhoenixHawk wrote:
I mean, sure, I can watch episodes of Bleach on Crunchyroll, or Viz's site, or Hulu (Though, now have to pay $$ for the older eps.)

What are you talking about?

I saw the "Hulu Plus" announcement, but I think paying for the back seasons is not applicable to Bleach, since the older seasons of Bleach were on there before the announcement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the back seasons that are being paid for are of US shows that they can only keep the newest episodes of.

The older season episodes are still up there too. Wile shows that are part of the program don't show their older episodes.

I hope with Hulu Plus they can put dubbed episodes up though. That would be awesome.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Yup, looks like the only advantage that Hulu Plus gives you for anime is viewing it on other devices. I was really hoping for HD for some of the anime at least, but it doesn't look like any of the anime are getting HD at all. =(
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Lets be honest, [AS] is known for not liking their anime fans, it's a proven fact.

No it's not, you have no proof.

It kinda sucks AS has to resort to rerunning the 10-2 block on Saturday. Of course, if they had kept most of the their anime instead of letting the airing rights lapse...

Have you seen the majority of their bumps regarding anime on the block? And the fact that there's only one person in the licensing department (Kim Manning) who actually cares about it? Hell, Mike Lazzo the Head of William Street stated that if he had a choice in the anime department he'll just air Astro Boy all the time and look how that turned?
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
didn't watch Cartoon network in years. Kinda surprised they still air anime. And here I thought all anime fled to the internet. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5