• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim on August 28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't subscribe to cable, but Adult Swim should try to get alittle more anime in. FMAB was probably their biggest newest title right now.
I SHALL WIN THE INTERNETZ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
malik_chan wrote:
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Lets be honest, [AS] is known for not liking their anime fans, it's a proven fact.

No it's not, you have no proof.

It kinda sucks AS has to resort to rerunning the 10-2 block on Saturday. Of course, if they had kept most of the their anime instead of letting the airing rights lapse...

Have you seen the majority of their bumps regarding anime on the block? And the fact that there's only one person in the licensing department (Kim Manning) who actually cares about it? Hell, Mike Lazzo the Head of William Street stated that if he had a choice in the anime department he'll just air Astro Boy all the time and look how that turned?

the comment in question...
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
FMA: Brotherhood 26 and then hiatus?

AS is totz teh evulz Twisted Evil
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
They should get another series that's been dubbed recently, heaven knows Funi has plenty to choose from...D. Gray-Man, Soul Eater, even Sgt. Frog have been suggested for quite some time...
Matriel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim on August 28

Yay! Smile

Quote:
Additionally, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell will complete their runs on August 8 and be replaced by the American animated series King of the Hill and Boondocks, respectively.

Shocked...and now I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....
Dblitzer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:
Then they gave Saturday a full anime slot, and it underperformed, so it was replaced by Toonami. Which also underperformed, but nevermind.

are you implying that anime is the reason that saturdays get crappy ratings?, because more or less CN seems to have a history of saturdays being a death slot

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3472/2008ratings.gif

notice on saturdays how the ratings for shows that aren't anime are still extremely low in comparison to the sunday ratings, even on september 13 ATHF is only able to net 258,000 and lets compare that to an ATHF that placed in the top 3 on a sunday, April 27th ATHF gets third with 909,000
taster of pork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
It's about time AS.
robo-ky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
sigh, this sux anime has lost a huge gateway to attaining new fans, cable tv. us in the anime community know where to look for anime but the chances of pulling in more casual fans gets slimmer. or this might sound kinda strange but especially kids, b4 i had my own computer when i was like 11-13 CN was the source to introduce me to anime, now it seems anime fandom has to spread through word of mouth and otakus converting their friends (or strangers whatevs)
robo-ky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote
i'm still gonna watch new bleach eps, so when AS makes one of those anime bashing bumps complaining how we don't watch, i can be like F U Lazzo i tuned in
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 am Reply with quote
Okay....You have to know that whenever as airs an "anime bashing bump", they are just teasing us anime fans.

They know full well that there are plenty of hotheads out there that fly off the handle and rush to the as boards and go crazy.

Anytime you get angry at their latest "This program is rated mediocre at best" bump, you are just feeding the beast.

Don't feed the beast!
TakishidoKamen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to new episodes of Bleach, but not to FMA:B going on hiatus.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:13 am Reply with quote
good for newer episodes although i've seen them already. I pretty much only watch saturday adult swim for fma brotherhood now.

King of the Hill and Boondocks...seriously!? whhyy I have nothing against them, but Saturday nights on Adult swim was usually for anime! I don't mind if they show reruns of Eureka 7, Blood + or something they haven't shown in a while. AS should consider adding Soul Eater or D. Gray-man to their lineup, those are very good and popular series.

I miss Toonami and right after toonami, AS anime would come on. Now i have to wait till 12.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:18 am Reply with quote
Dblitzer wrote:
OnanRulz wrote:
Then they gave Saturday a full anime slot, and it underperformed, so it was replaced by Toonami. Which also underperformed, but nevermind.

are you implying that anime is the reason that saturdays get crappy ratings?, because more or less CN seems to have a history of saturdays being a death slot

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3472/2008ratings.gif

notice on saturdays how the ratings for shows that aren't anime are still extremely low in comparison to the sunday ratings, even on september 13 ATHF is only able to net 258,000 and lets compare that to an ATHF that placed in the top 3 on a sunday, April 27th ATHF gets third with 909,000

Yes. Because comparing the performance of an ATHF rerun to an ATHF new episode premiere is a logical argument.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 am Reply with quote
I remember when we used to have AS in England; gosh how many years ago was that now? (my not so subtle attempt at telling you guys to be grateful you've got anything)
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
I remember when we used to have AS in England; gosh how many years ago was that now? (my not so subtle attempt at telling you guys to be grateful you've got anything)

That sucks. Sad

That's true, instead of arguing about it, we should just be grateful that TV stations actually show anime. Because we know in countries out side of our own don't show anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5