• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim on August 28

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote
monkeyshinobi wrote:
good for newer episodes although i've seen them already. I pretty much only watch saturday adult swim for fma brotherhood now.

King of the Hill and Boondocks...seriously!? whhyy I have nothing against them, but Saturday nights on Adult swim was usually for anime! I don't mind if they show reruns of Eureka 7, Blood + or something they haven't shown in a while. AS should consider adding Soul Eater or D. Gray-man to their lineup, those are very good and popular series.

I miss Toonami and right after toonami, AS anime would come on. Now i have to wait till 12.

Because Boondocks is awesome. And popular series tend not to do well like Death Note. I think Kekkaishi is better than Soul Eater and D gray man anyway
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
monkeyshinobi wrote:
whhyy I have nothing against them, but Saturday nights on Adult swim was usually for anime!

1) you obviously do have something against them because they're not anime

2) Has it occurred to anyone that it might be cheaper to air reruns of non-anime programming? I don't know it for a fact, but it's just a thought.

I do like Boondocks, even though it's hit-or-miss, but when it hits, it's a home run. Just because it's an American-born cartoon on a Saturday night doesn't mean it's unwatchable or unairable. If you can't bear not seeing your precious anime on Saturday nights, pop in a DVD or watch a stream.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Okay....You have to know that whenever as airs an "anime bashing bump", they are just teasing us anime fans.

They know full well that there are plenty of hotheads out there that fly off the handle and rush to the as boards and go crazy.

Anytime you get angry at their latest "This program is rated mediocre at best" bump, you are just feeding the beast.

Don't feed the beast!

I actually LOL'ed at that, mostly because while that preceded a Bleach rerun, it also preceded Metalocalypse and Venture Brothers reruns on other nights of the week!
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:
Do any of you even remember the block's history?
jr0904 wrote:
...definitely gundam 00 as well since no one have seen a gundam series on AS since 0083: Stardust Memory.

0080, actually, and it's been seven years. Gundam no longer fits their block.
Quote:
However john, I don't blame some people fow whining. their releasing less and less anime on AS when it was the same thing that made it popular in the late 90's/early 2000's .

[as] premiered in September of 2001 with only Cowboy Bebop. Then they gave Saturday a full anime slot, and it underperformed, so it was replaced by Toonami. Which also underperformed, but nevermind.
Quote:
and the only anime i see now are only viedeo game based anime , (pokemon,yugioh 5d's,bakguan) and even they are edited.

Wow. Those have never been on [as].
Quote:
Though I do enjoy watching them a lot, they have to start bringing more anime for AS for it's core audience and less and less with kids shows and DEFINITELY no more of these live action crap.

What?! [as] is so successful it's starting an hour earlier in January! Their bread-and-butter, the most popular programs, have always been their original programming (yes, and Futurama/Family Guy).

1) I know they first started with CB. been an AS faithful since day one.

2) Actually it was 0083. 0080 was in the toonami midnight run as well as uncut eps of gundam wing before it moved to the Sat Block. so in a way both of them were in AS. Also despite your take i am preety sure gundam could make a comback to AS and 00 could have been that series. Or even Unicorn if it was made as a 30 min series instead of a movie type OVA.

3) I was talking about Cartoon Newtork in general when it came to those kids series cause their more into pleasing kids and parental groups than it's core anime demo.

4) Sure it's original programming are a hit too , but it does need some kinda balance for everyone to enjoy and though it's my opinion, those FOX crap series aint one of them.

5) At least we have new anime on AS. and Bleach is back. Better than nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5