• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Adds K-On! TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
According to the update, it hasn't been decided if there will be a dub or BD release.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Gurren Laggan ... are they ever going to release an anime legends version of the entire series? It seems ... strange that they haven't :/[/quote]

Gurren Laggan Anime Legends comes out July 6, 2010.

http://store.bandai-ent.com/product_p/669198804205pre.htm

Edit - Are you serious?! Why can I never get this quote thing working?! O_O

Last edited by Anime Remix on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Speaking of Gurren Laggan ... are they ever going to release an anime legends version of the entire series? It seems ... strange that they haven't :/

Gurren Laggan Anime Legends comes out July 6, 2010.

http://store.bandai-ent.com/product_p/669198804205pre.htm[/quote]

Ahhh ~ yay! I somehow missed this - thanks!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate. Cool

I think this will be a good release. Bang Zoom said they had one big project they were working on and there isn't a speck of doubt in my mind that this is it.

Also I'd LOVE to hear Cristina Vee as Mio. She is a brilliant example of a rising star in voice acting and I think she said once she'd love to voice Mio. Very Happy
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Hands clapping for all who wished for/begged for/prayed for this to be licensed. Anime smile
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I hope Bandai isn't placing all their chips on this bet, but if they're going to the expense of dubbing it, they may well be. Yep, K-ON! is definitely popular - in Japan and online. In the past this hasn't translated very well to actual sales. Haruhi wasn't nearly the hit they expected, and Lucky Star sold poorly. I see no reason to think K-ON! will do so much better.

For the record, K-ON! bores the crap out of me. But that has little to do with my sales expectations for it. I feel the same about shows I like as well. I may like Bakemonogatari a great deal and think Legend of Galactic Heroes is one of the best shows ever, but I think both would sell poorly in the US (I don't think either would even pay back its license cost).

For Bandai's sake, I hope all those that clamored for it put their money where their mouth is this time.

Last edited by hissatsu01 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Cristina Vee.
Do want.

I might even pick up K-On!!
Maryohki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited. I love K-ON and I'll gladly buy it! Dub or no dub, idc. I hope there are some nice extras, though. I can live without, but it would be cool.

That said, this does seem like a pretty risky move. Moe shows usually don't sell too well.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's Azumanga Beck, which is better than Lucky Star (in terms of general appeal, anyway). Hopefully they'll release it smartly (a box like Haruhi 2's would work) and decide on a dub. I tend to think it's likely, although maybe not if sales are really awful for new Haruhi.

Last edited by GWOtaku on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO HAPPY NOW! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I will be pre-ordering this the moment it's available for pre-order!
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Oh what the hell. I'm excited for this license. For, as a high school girl, I can enjoy and relate to stupid, cute high school girls doing stupid and cute high school antic...things. Yeah...I'm going to go with that...

But in this case you need to change that into "high school girls acting like elementary school girls doing stupid and "cute" stuff"
Vapors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I hope Bandai does pull the trigger on a Blu-ray release and dub. Although, here's hoping it does not bankrupt them at the same time. A Bang Zoom dub does sound appealing, although the question has to be "to dub or not to dub the songs?" That is the question.

Although, if a dub wasn't confirmed, then what was this marketing video about? Is it to shop to networks to air or something thrown together just for announcing this license?
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
♫ One ♫ Two ♫ Three ♫...

Dub or no dub, I'm very interested in this title. My sources tell me it's another slice-of-life anime, and you all know what kind of sucker I am for this stuff.

♫ whistles ♫

EDIT: I thought the song counted to four. Oops.

Last edited by PetrifiedJello on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Finally, an anime series I'm interested in buying on Blu-Ray. I saw the update, but Bandai Entertainment's official Twitter stream mentions Blu-Ray, so I presume it's all but certain.

I'm also happy it's Bandai as that makes it likely that we'll get North American-distributed CD singles. I've already imported the first season opening and closing single CD's from Japan, but I'm looking forward to getting the singles of the in-show concert songs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Oh what the hell. I'm excited for this license. For, as a high school girl, I can enjoy and relate to stupid, cute high school girls doing stupid and cute high school antic...things. Yeah...I'm going to go with that...

But in this case you need to change that into "high school girls acting like elementary school girls doing stupid and "cute" stuff"

Ahh, excellent point! Though that makes it even more sadder that I can enjoy and relate to this kind of stuff though. Maybe I'll just claim escapism and enjoyment of fluff and call it a day!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12