• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: B Gata H Kei Studio, Writers Get Multiple Threat Letters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
What the HELL!?! Shocked

Wow, so there ARE idiots in Japan, after all! Laughing

I thought everyone was at least average intelligence over there, but I have been proven wrong! Rolling Eyes

That's not the definition of "average."

Anyway, we don't know whether this was rabid fanboys or the PTA, so let's all not go blaming specific sets of people without proper evidence, mmkay?
fightbait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
At first I thought the letters were because the show was going too far, and I was like, "Thank you, Japan, for finally coming to your senses. Maybe if more people complaining, then they're start making more good anime." But then after reading some forum posts I realized that it was more likely to be fans of the manga that were angry about content changes. Then I killed myself and posted this as a ghost, oooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh so there are some teahadist/neo-con nuts in Japan. Surprised
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
seems like this entire thread actually proves the point. There are plenty of people who will fly off the handle and post their opinions with little or no background on what the problem even is, let alone what side to take.

would these be the same type of people who are making various threats against some anime company for changing some thing about an anime?

'Yakko: Oh, sure! Take all the umbrage. Don't leave any for us.'
fightbait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
seems like this entire thread actually proves the point. There are plenty of people who will fly off the handle and post their opinions with little or no background on what the problem even is, let alone what side to take.

But isn't that the point of the Internet? And to a greater extent, forums? And to an even greater extent, forums about silly Japanese cartoons?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
zeonozero wrote:
Once again, things that are wanted to be kept down in society to a minimum are thrown into anime.

You've heard of Grand Theft Auto and gangsta rap, right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
They don't negotiate with terrorists.

LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
I always thought the show was pretty crappy, but damn.
stararnold

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote
It seems those harassing idiots in Japan don't know the meaning of "If you don't like something, you don't have to watch it. At least don't ruin it for others". I mean, why can't they just accept all Anime for what they are equally. Each studio is just making its own works the way it chooses to do them.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:08 am Reply with quote
What the hell? It's not even that bad of a show! Learn to take what you get! It's freaking people that only enjoy fanservice and ecchi that make studios produce shows like BGHK to begin with!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:41 am Reply with quote
Nemo_N wrote:
Okay, so people are assuming it must be those horrible otaku because they are the only ones who can possibly threaten someone over a show.

Same as always.

Either that or some extreme feminists. Ironically, the two extreme ends of any socio-political spectrum resolve things pretty much the same way: violence, physical and/or verbal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:00 am Reply with quote
Let's not forget the otaku nut bar what ran over several people with a truck, and then jumped out and stabbed several more people at random injuring 17 and killing 7 in Akihabara, because someone changed his avatar on what ever web site he lived in. That was about this time two years ago. I don't think he's been convicted, or sentenced as yet.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:47 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Let's not forget the otaku nut bar what ran over several people with a truck, and then jumped out and stabbed several more people at random injuring 17 and killing 7 in Akihabara, because someone changed his avatar on what ever web site he lived in. That was about this time two years ago. I don't think he's been convicted, or sentenced as yet.

Why am I not surprised at your incapability to tell the differences between otaku and hikikomori. Rolling Eyes
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:59 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

Why am I not surprised at your incapability to tell the differences between otaku and hikikomori. Rolling Eyes
What do you call an outed hikikomori then? Are you implying that there's no relationship between the two whatsoever? Wink
-gecko-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote
I just checked out the first chapter of the manga. Having seen the whole anime, I can speculate that the letter writer is probably an upset fan that didn't like the lack of nudity and toning down of the main character's ero thoughts. I think the anime was done as tastefully as possi le while still keeping to the subject matter of the manga.

The letter writer surely need therapy...

As for the difference between Otaku and Hikki, it's the same as Catholics are Christian, but not all Christians are Catholic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4