• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf's Nozomi Adds So-ra-no-Wo-to, Utena TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they dub So-ra-no-Wo-to
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
No, Nozomi hardly ever does dubs, especially now. They said if it has a dub, they'll use the dub, but if it doesn't they're not going to dub it.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Sign me up for the Utena DVD's, I've been looking for a chance to get some.

Are they going to redub Utena or will it maintain it's CPM dub? I gotta admit, I 'really' have become accustomed to Rachael Lillis voicing Utena.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Godly. Soranowoto was my #1 most wanted license. I plan to preorder at least three copies, maybe more, just because I love it that damn much.

Nozomi is the perfect licensor for this. Just the thought of seeing translated director commentaries, audio dramas, and booklets for Soranowoto...oh god yes.

And I'd gladly rebuy the show if they released a BD version later on. That would make it even better.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I had to double read that, Utena? THE Utena? The Utena that everyone has been screaming "rescue!" for years now?

This is gonna go well for them methinks.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I... I am so happy I am on the verge of tears! It was too hot at my place to be on the computer this afternoon, so I come back and... this. This beautiful, beautiful thing!

This is one of a few series where simply thinking about it makes me want to rewatch it. I saw the whole thing by borrowing friends' DVDs, but have had to make do with really low-quality fansubs for so long. This... I am just downright giddy. Thank you so much for getting this!

I think Zac said a bare-bones release of remastered version would be Christmas. A complete release like this would be, what, the literal second coming?

Only problem? I have to start saving the money to buy it. Anime hyper
hakojo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Wooo! I can actually buy and rewatch Utena now!
Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Why, Nozomi... why G.I. K-ON! when you won't license Manabi Straight? You're the only ones I can trust with it. Why do you neglect it so? Crying or Very sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Good on ya, Nozomi. I really enjoyed So-ra-no-Wo-to and I will happily buy it. I watched the first eppie of Utena a while back and was pretty meh about it, but I know it is a big favourite for a lot of people so that's great news for them.
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Good on ya, Nozomi. I really enjoyed So-ra-no-Wo-to and I will happily buy it. I watched the first eppie of Utena a while back and was pretty meh about it, but I know it is a big favourite for a lot of people so that's great news for them.

I'm a huge Utena dork, but admittedly, the first couple episodes didn't pull me in the first time I watched it. The show really is a series that gets much better once it picks up some steam. Don't let the first episode put you off.
Utena was so good that it almost toppled Evangelion as my #1 favourite anime.
That being said though, if you're not interested in seeing bizarre visuals, gender roles being messed around with, and old fairy tale tropes being turned on their head, then Utena might not be your thing.
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
SaharaFrost wrote:
Thank you Nozomi! Now I can finally get Utena! O_O Now if only they'll relicense Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura...

My thoughts exactly! Utena is my favourite by far (and I only ever got the first 13 eps and movie on dvd, and I NEED the Black Rose arc in my life), but to have SM and CCS released too would complete the shoujo trifecta!
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
My prayers have been answered. Nozomi, hurry up and take my money, for the revolution of the world.

(I hope they are able to rerelease the movie, too.)
Mimi The Freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes! So Ra No Wo To is licensed! Wonder when it's going to be released... Anime catgrin
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

I think Zac said a bare-bones release of remastered version would be Christmas. A complete release like this would be, what, the literal second coming?

Best Christmas in July EVER. To the Utena die-hards out there there isn't a better anime. There was nothing like it when it came out, and nothing has come close since. Utena is an experience I can't wait to force upon more people at my art school and gay guy posse, an experience now to be made easier with a full collection of DVDs with optional dub. If they run screaming I'll only make them watch more.

Anyone who gave it only a couple episodes should try out the movie instead. A few episodes or normality at the beginning of the series can't even begin to represent the whole picture of what Utena becomes. The movie may not make much sense most of the time, but it'll give you a a glimpse at the bizarre Avant-garde mind-f*** that is Revolutionary Girl Utena. If it makes no sense to you at all then it was at least very nice on the eyes.
Annf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
Godly. Soranowoto was my #1 most wanted license. <...> Nozomi is the perfect licensor for this. Just the thought of seeing translated director commentaries, audio dramas, and booklets for Soranowoto...oh god yes.

Are they likely to include the audio dramas (or character songs)?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10