• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Nurarihyon Anime & Genkaku Picasso, Mistress Fortune Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Another year, another round of hopes crushed for a Shin Angyo Onshi release...

*sigh*, yep, Shin Angyo Onshi and Liar Game for me. My top two "please license this, Viz!" titles still not licensed by Viz. I guess I wouldn't mind if Yen Press picked up either of them either.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm sort of excited for the Saiunkoku manga, although I'm not sure if it's any different from the anime. At least I can hope that a long, long way in the future it will continue the story past S2 of the anime.

Not much on the anime front. Was hoping for some licensing. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
so they didn't confirm Cross Game distribution/dvd license ...i was hoping they will....i got my hopes up...why Viz, why?
cherrywolfchan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
No Q&A? Wow Viz. You can't avoid Monster fans forever you know.

Agreed. I'm growing tired of waiting for the second boxset when the first came out nearly a year ago now.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
It is a shame that Viz's anime division isn't anywhere near as good as their manga division. The only anime title I own from them is Honey and Clover (a lacking release), but would definitely be irritated with them if I was a fan of, say, the Monster anime.

littlegreenwolf wrote:
Bah, don't get my hopes up unless you guys know something you aren't telling the rest of us.
See here.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Bah, don't get my hopes up unless you guys know something you aren't telling the rest of us.
See here.

Oh heck yes! I look forward to adding an ultra-violent viking title to my pile of otherwise mostly shoujo manga. Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping we'd find out whether or not they were gonna publish Descendants of Darkness 12 and that second Togari series. Crying or Very sad
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
It is a shame that Viz's anime division isn't anywhere near as good as their manga division. The only anime title I own from them is Honey and Clover (a lacking release), but would definitely be irritated with them if I was a fan of, say, the Monster anime.]
Why aren't you a fan of the Monster anime? It's probably one of the top 5 anime dramas ever brought to the R1 market.

I agree though, why does VIZ suck so hard when it comes to anime? The terrible thing is they pick great series, they just suck at production and distribution. I've heard terrible things about them from retailers.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
HellKorn wrote:
It is a shame that Viz's anime division isn't anywhere near as good as their manga division. The only anime title I own from them is Honey and Clover (a lacking release), but would definitely be irritated with them if I was a fan of, say, the Monster anime.]
Why aren't you a fan of the Monster anime? It's probably one of the top 5 anime dramas ever brought to the R1 market.

I agree though, why does VIZ suck so hard when it comes to anime? The terrible thing is they pick great series, they just suck at production and distribution. I've heard terrible things about them from retailers.

Did the Monster DVD Box Set even SALE well?
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
While I have my misgivings with the manga, I'm more than satisfied with that. The anime adaption is apparently quite faithful, so I don't have much of a desire to see it -- I might check it out if Viz actually released the whole series.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised about the Nurari simulcast since Viz doesn't have the manga license (maybe that'll be released at SDCC?). And it didn't feel like much here, probably because I'm still reeling after all the stuff from yesterday but Viz is continuing to worry me here.
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

It doesn't matter if sold well or not. Everything on viz's end is already finished with Monster and for the most part all the dubbing for the series is also done. There's is no reason why Viz is taking so slow. Unless Monster sold so horribly it didn't even cover the cost of manufacturing the boxes and printing the show on dvd.
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I am glad to see VIZ rescued one of CMX's titles, especially one I was very interested in. The other titles look good too, I wish they offered more or had some news about IY:Final act debuting.
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't matter if sold well or not. Everything on viz's end is already finished with Monster and for the most part all the dubbing for the series is also done. There's is no reason why Viz is taking so slow. Unless Monster sold so horribly it didn't even cover the cost of manufacturing the boxes and printing the show on dvd.

It's quite a downer. The airing on Syfy is in the final few runs of episodes, it's in the 40's on Hulu, yet we who want it on DVD are still stuck at in the 'teens. Thanks Viz.

This isn't the first series they've done like this either, it's total crap. I'm lucky that Hunter x Hunter's TV series got all released on DVD. Not expecting the OVAs to ever come out though since Viz is just so hardcore fail. I've never heard such a bad dub in recent years that what Blue Water gave Viz. Guh.

I was expecting more anime at AnimeExpo and more of the manga stuff at Comic-Con, but guess Viz didn't want to do that.
lys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote
MangaNeko wrote:
I am glad to see VIZ rescued one of CMX's titles, especially one I was very interested in. The other titles look good too, I wish they offered more or had some news about IY:Final act debuting.

I don't think they did—I think ANN was just noting that Genkaku Picasso (which Viz announced) is by the same author as 51 Ways. But if the one sells well, perhaps there will be hope for a rescue of the other...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5