• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Nurarihyon Anime & Genkaku Picasso, Mistress Fortune Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

If I'm not mistaken viz finished like 5 series recently.

oh... phew!!!... thats really impressive spoiler[NOT]
supersonic124

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
PiercingArrow wrote:
Viz please stop licensing other anime if u guys are only focusing all your attention on Naruto + Bleach and unable to finish any other series like Monster. Jesus M#&^$#%& Christ. I'm so angry right now i could slap anyone whose working with viz with monster boxset 1

f*** those 5 series i want my dubbed monster god damn it!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
supersonic124 wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
PiercingArrow wrote:
Viz please stop licensing other anime if u guys are only focusing all your attention on Naruto + Bleach and unable to finish any other series like Monster. Jesus M#&^$#%& Christ. I'm so angry right now i could slap anyone whose working with viz with monster boxset 1

f*** those 5 series i want my dubbed monster god damn it!

And if wishes were horses I'd be riding a stampede of them with an R1 release of Rose of Versailles in my hands. But alas, screaming on forums about it isn't going to get me that.
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:34 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
I guess AX wasn't the time for the supposed Vinland Saga license to be released, eh? Oh well.
Wait for SDCC -- it's obviously far more likely to be announced then.

HAH!! If Viz announced that then I'd be shocked and pissed because I called dibs in case that license became available again.
The Count

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:19 am Reply with quote
Can anyone explain how Viz can go from an awesome end of 2009 start of 2010 to a crappy mid (and apparently late)2010? Seriously, We had Monster, Honey and Clover and NANA. But nooo, now were back to the same ole Naruto and Bleach bullshit(but I like Naruto). They've released cheaper boxsets of Deathnote while people were halfway invested in the singles. Their the only publisher who can't manage to subtitle a show right, and there the only company that can't send out a press release as clarifying the F****** status of a show.

When I got the first Monter boxset I was very happy, 15 episodes in a set, I thought I would have the series wrapped up in 1 1/2 to 2 years or so. For Viz that would have been great time, but no in Viz fashion their F****** it up.

You know what, Viz you can hit the bench, Sentai your back in the game.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
Did Viz license 51 Ways to Save Her or not? 'because if they wanna start saving CMX titles from exinction, I have a huuge wishlist for them...(With Apothecarius Argentum at the very top).

I guess I just have to be very, very patient. If Utena can be licensed rescued, anything can happen right?
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
Can anyone explain how Viz can go from an awesome end of 2009 start of 2010 to a crappy mid (and apparently late)2010?

Ummm, not enough people bought the product?

Seriously, PW: Viz Media Lays Off Up to 60, Closes NY Branch (11 May 2010)? Ring a bell?

Maybe they should have kept operating as they were and go bankrupt instead?
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Vertical_Ed wrote:
HAH!! If Viz announced that then I'd be shocked and pissed because I called dibs in case that license became available again.
If Viz announced it, I'd be stunned because they picked up a Kodansha property! They haven't done that since Inoue's Vagabond, have they?

But if by some chance you guys were to jump on Vinland Saga, then I'd feel more confident than the other usual Kodansha suspects (Del Rey has been delaying left and right with no real communication, and I still don't know what Kodansha USA is up to)!
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
The Count wrote:
Can anyone explain how Viz can go from an awesome end of 2009 start of 2010 to a crappy mid (and apparently late)2010?

Ummm, not enough people bought the product?

Seriously, PW: Viz Media Lays Off Up to 60, Closes NY Branch (11 May 2010)? Ring a bell?

Maybe they should have kept operating as they were and go bankrupt instead?

Bandai has only around 19 employees and even though they have a smaller staff and there is constant delays from them they still release shows faster then Viz. Not only that I don't think Bandai has ever canceled a show, unlike viz who pulls that crap off all the time. And you have to remember that Monster is done. And even if it does sold badly you're still going to release the rest of it to recoup some of the lost it cost you to produce the show.
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Did Viz license 51 Ways to Save Her or not? 'because if they wanna start saving CMX titles from exinction, I have a huuge wishlist for them...(With Apothecarius Argentum at the very top).

I guess I just have to be very, very patient. If Utena can be licensed rescued, anything can happen right?

They did not, as far as I know. They announced Genkaku Picasso by the same mangaka; 51 Ways was probably mentioned simply because people would be familiar with that title. I'm hoping it's just too soon for companies to announce CMX license rescues (technically, CMX only closed 3 days ago)... there are a lot of titles I would love to see picked up as well.
jnova

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Great news!
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
If Viz announced it, I'd be stunned because they picked up a Kodansha property! They haven't done that since Inoue's Vagabond, have they?

Well, technically even Vagabond wasn't from Kodansha. The license for that comes from Inoue's agency IT Planning and Kodansha does not manage the property.

And I hope fans will hear from KoUSA this summer. I know they are attending a few cons this summer...though I'm not sure if they'll have any panels or public events.

(Disclosure: Vertical is pretty close with KoUSA for a number of reasons, some of which should be obvious; IE licensing of Kodansha content)
Zags

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Whatever happened to Psyren? I know it was listed on S & S a while back but... I checked again and its not there now. :/

I was so looking forward to that release.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
In case you didn't know, you can now watch Nura on VizAnime, just click here. If you don't like VizAnime or don't want to use it, you can go onto Hulu here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:
Whatever happened to Psyren? I know it was listed on S & S a while back but... I checked again and its not there now. :/

I was so looking forward to that release.

They might announce that at Comic Con. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5