• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quote
I hope it'll have Nazis! And lots of them! (Seriously though, I really liked CoS... a lot, actually.)

I hope we don't just get a compilation movie. Unless they plan to compile all the Ishbal flashbacks and do a movie on the Ishbal war. But I'd love to see an Ishbal war movie with a big movie animation budget.

Directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, who knows how to kill large numbers of people in anime! (Okay, I'm kidding, no Tomino... but he really has that skill.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:16 am Reply with quote
LOL.

F-ing awesome, so glad to hear we'll get one more big budget FMA film out of the return of FMA too, sweet.

penguintruth wrote:
I hope we don't just get a compilation movie. Unless they plan to compile all the Ishbal flashbacks and do a movie on the Ishbal war. But I'd love to see an Ishbal war movie with a big movie animation budget.

Yeah, a compilation would be a ridiculous disappointment after capping off the final episode with a movie announcement.

Big budget Ishbal war would be very cool, can't really add any other suggestions since I'm obviously only mid-series.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or is Fullmetal Alchemist quickly becoming Evangelion? next we'll start seeing Winry coffee mugs and hug pillows(if they don't already exist)
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:21 am Reply with quote
Honestly I wish people will watch Tomino's more recent work as Turn A Gundam easily blows away Zeta Gundam. The large number of death in particular the ones in Zeta Gundam and V Gundam was due to Tomino going through a large depression, in particular V Gundam was a full on breakdown.

Though I do agree with you that it needs to be the Ishval War flashback. It was an excellent volume, has a large amount of Hughes being a badass, and it would give Basque Grand his time to shine. It would also explain some things that where left unexplained. It would also allow me to more easily point out how much longer the second series is compared to the first by just saying it has 13 more episodes.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:34 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Honestly I wish people will watch Tomino's more recent work as Turn A Gundam easily blows away Zeta Gundam.

Well, I do like Turn A, at least. Just not as much as Zeta. But let's not get into that.

Quote:
Though I do agree with you that it needs to be the Ishval War flashback. It was an excellent volume, has a large amount of Hughes being a badass, and it would give Basque Grand his time to shine. It would also explain some things that where left unexplained.

I'd also like to see the bit where the Rockbells are being warned by the guy who'd delivery supplies. And Kimblee's "mission" concerning the Rockbells.

There's just so much they could do with that material. I mean, they didn't totally mess it up, but it could have been so much better, and a movie budget would really light it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quote
Since I haven't watched final five episodes or read the Manga I don't yet know where the movie could possibly go. However, if it is a compilation movie then I simply won't watch it. If it is a sequel, then I probably will. If it is a prequel, like telling us more about what happened in Ishbal, or filled in the early history of Amestris, then I'm all for it.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:19 am Reply with quote
I'd rather have a prequel movie than some "filler" sequel with a random enemy coming out of nowhere...
H0shi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quote
please not as worst as CoS!!!!!!! Shocked

If its a sequel, maybe it'll ruined the whole story - but if Arakawa will lend a hand, maybe I'll consider it.

If its a prequel, maybe it'll tackle more about Hoho and Trishia....maybe

Or maybe it will be a tribute to the homonculucs....maybe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:52 am Reply with quote
I hope the compilation has lots of new footage! Very Happy

Also, they better not shove 64 episodes into one movie... 14 would be preferable, but I can see them fitting 26 into one movie (and 26 ends at a pretty good cliffhanger).
fuzaco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quote
I doubt it will be a sequel, because spoiler[Ed lost his ability of alchemy at the end of the series], so It would be kinda meaningless.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
I don't care what the movie is about so long as its not a recap movie. I freaking hate it when they do a recap movie.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
o_O Um, I'm rather puzzled here, the manga did a good job wrapping up the story so what new stuff is there to tell? Nothing to do but wait I guess.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
Well, I have yet to see anywhere past episode 21, since I'm watching the series dub only. But I'm happy to see that their will be another FMA Movie.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
o_O Um, I'm rather puzzled here, the manga did a good job wrapping up the story so what new stuff is there to tell? Nothing to do but wait I guess.

Well, they could

1) Do a compilation movie
2) Do a flashback movie of the Ishval war
3) Make a prequel story of some sort
4) Cover what happens after chapter 108 with Ed and Al's journey

They do have options here. But you know what FMA needs? Nazis. Razz
7ThIsGod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 am Reply with quote
It's obviously a recap movie, you guys.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6