• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
o_O Um, I'm rather puzzled here, the manga did a good job wrapping up the story so what new stuff is there to tell? Nothing to do but wait I guess.

I feel the same. The only thing that might be slightly interesting would be an Ishbal flashback (but even then I wouldn't watch it since I've read the manga) and that seems unlikely since there wouldn't be any Ed and Al.
kpk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote
7ThIsGod wrote:
It's obviously a recap movie, you guys.

Yup.

Confused
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote
I would enjoy a movie that is more faithful to the Ishval arc but I highly doubt that. I am betting on a recap movie.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
Most likely recap as they ran through almost all of the material. They could make a movie based off of one of the side-novels though.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
I don't understand why they'd need a recap movie, but hey, it's FMA. At least with CoS, it had an original storyline.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote
Cool anther Fullmetal movie
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I don't understand why they'd need a recap movie, but hey, it's FMA. At least with CoS, it had an original storyline.

Well it's not set in stone what it is yet we are just speculating. I am not going to get my hopes up about it that's for sure.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote
Meh, no matter what it is, people are going to watch it and people are going to love it.

Personally, I'd love to it to have a bigger focus on Al and his journey to Xing and such compared to Edward. I think there could be a lot to be done on that path.
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
I hope this movie will turn out to be another success like Conqueror of Shamballa. i'll be waiting for this
yoshi4sushi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
I'm sad that FMA has come to an end, but happy that there'll be a movie. It has to be better than the Bleach and Naruto movies with an awesome music artist like a soft music or adventerous music. For soft, I would chose Azu and for adventerous, Nico Touches the Wall.

Maybe the movie will be about a new enemy doing the same thing as Father did. Maybe Ed will have his alchemy again to save his family and friends. A flashback or same plot as the anime would be too boring.

Hiromu Arakawa rocks! I hope he creates another anime with more adventerous characters and more awesome artists for the opening and ending theme songs. He already directed the upcoming Gundam 00 movie, which I look foward to see when it comes out on DVD.

But you know what, FMA movie will awesome, people, support the anime. Ed and Al will be back for one more round! Go Elric brothers!
Dune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
Huh. I wasn't expecting this news, the ratings for Brotherhood in Japan weren't exactly stellar. A recap movie... might be nice, if only because Brotherhood's execution was so frequently hit-or-miss that an alternate version might be preferable.

Last edited by Dune on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
tinlunlau

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
yoshi4sushi wrote:
I'm sad that FMA has come to an end, but happy that there'll be a movie. It has to be better than the Bleach and Naruto movies with an awesome music artist like a soft music or adventerous music. For soft, I would chose Azu and for adventerous, Nico Touches the Wall.

Maybe the movie will be about a new enemy doing the same thing as Father did. Maybe Ed will have his alchemy again to save his family and friends. A flashback or same plot as the anime would be too boring.

Hiromu Arakawa rocks! I hope he creates another anime with more adventerous characters and more awesome artists for the opening and ending theme songs. He already directed the upcoming Gundam 00 movie, which I look foward to see when it comes out on DVD.

But you know what, FMA movie will awesome, people, support the anime. Ed and Al will be back for one more round! Go Elric brothers!

She...

He's a "she".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the final episode or read the final chapter, but I got the impression that they made the finale based only on information form Arakawa, so maybe it's not super close to the final manga chapter. Maybe the movie will be a closer adaptation of the manga's finale? I dunno. If not, then probably a recap.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
yoshi4sushi wrote:

Just to let you know, Hiromu Arakawa already did make another anime series, one from her other manga series: Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales. It only ran for 26 episodes, but she still had her hand in the production of the series. I don't think Arakawa will make another series for a while, I think Hero Tales will go on and grow much like its sister (or brother) series did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spoony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is that if they decide to make up a bunch of their own stuff like in CoS after all the "we're being faithful to the manga this time!" I'm going to be very upset. Unless Arakawa wrote some sort of sequel type thing herself, that is. But my hope is that she wouldn't; there's such thing as too much closure. I like a little room for speculation at the end.

I guess I'd be okay with some sort of prequel if it came from manga material (noticing a theme here? haha) although I'm not all that interested in knowing more about the Ishval war, I feel like it was already covered pretty well.

I've actually never seen a recap movie. What do they do, summarize the whole thing and stick it in a theater? o_O
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6