• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
I haven't seen the final episode or read the final chapter, but I got the impression that they made the finale based only on information form Arakawa, so maybe it's not super close to the final manga chapter. Maybe the movie will be a closer adaptation of the manga's finale? I dunno. If not, then probably a recap.

There are some minor changes but no the ending to Brotherhood is pretty much the ending to the manga.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
spoony wrote:

I've actually never seen a recap movie. What do they do, summarize the whole thing and stick it in a theater? o_O

Yes.

Most of the time they add some new footage but yeah, it's mainly just that.
Sovay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I really hope it isn't recap. Chapter 108 left a lot of things with Roy pretty open ended, I wouldn't mind following up on him. I would also watch a movie about the further adventures of Al.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Sovay wrote:
I really hope it isn't recap. Chapter 108 left a lot of things with Roy pretty open ended, I wouldn't mind following up on him. I would also watch a movie about the further adventures of Al.
Something on Roy would also be nice.

I think as long as they leave Edward's side of the story alone and just make references or flashbacks to him, it'd be nice. Sure, some fans would get angry at that ("But you can't have a FullMetal Alchemist movie without the FullMetal Alchemist!" and stuff like that), but really I think the movie would be a nice chance to give characters like Roy and Al a bigger chance to shine and tell some part of their story after the ending.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Everyone, it's a recap movie. Ala Evangelion. It's the series (or a part of the series) told in about an hour and a half, with improved animation, new music, and new scenes in between.

They wouldn't make a theatrical film about Ishval flashbacks, lol. Laughing
captainbanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
The way the manga and the series wraps up spoiler[ with Ed and Al going their separate ways, and then Ed coming back and having children with Winry at some later date ] there is no reason why they couldn't do a movie that fills in the gaps.

Having said that, my money is on compilation movie.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
If they produce it, they will come...

I had a feeling this would happen. FMA is way too popular to leave without a movie. A lack of new cannon material. never stopped the anime industry before!

(I'm excited! I love FMA! I even like (and own) the Nazi movie! Razz)
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
If they produce it, they will come...

I had a feeling this would happen. FMA is way too popular to leave without a movie. A lack of new cannon material. never stopped the anime industry before!

(I'm excited! I love FMA! I even like (and own) the Nazi movie! Razz)

I agree Very Happy

I too own that moive as well Anime hyper Special Edition!

Last edited by InuNaruPokeAlchemist on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
yoshi4sushi wrote:

Hiromu Arakawa rocks! I hope he creates another anime with more adventerous characters and more awesome artists for the opening and ending theme songs. He already directed the upcoming Gundam 00 movie, which I look foward to see when it comes out on DVD.

You're thinking of Seiji Mizushima the director of the first anime. Hiromu Arakawa created the original manga.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! With any luck, Arakawa will have a hand in crafting whatever kind of tale they decide to tell with this.

I doubt it can top Conqueror of Shamballa though, at least for me. I love that movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Araki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
FMA isn't just an otaku hit like, say, Gurren Lagann. It's serious, mainstream business in Japan. Thus, a recap movie would be such a waste, i don't think Square-Enix /Bones would go this route and miss a golden chance.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Bones will create yet another mythos a la Eureka Seven. Maybe actually set it in modern times.

Thereby instantly confusing both anime1 fans and Brotherhood fans forever.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Maybe Bones will create yet another mythos a la Eureka Seven. Maybe actually set it in modern times.

Thereby instantly confusing both anime1 fans and Brotherhood fans forever.

NO NO NO NO!

I know almost nothing about the Eureka 7 movie and all I know about it is that it's horrible.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
A live-action modern FMA, where Edward attaches Alphonse's soul to a PT Cruiser, Roy is an arsonist, Riza a contract killer, Cornello is a child molester priest, Rose is a whore with a heart of gold, and Envy can only transform into people he's killed. "Alchemy" is done with the use of nanomachines the government uses to control its citizens, at the behest of the mysterious shadow government run by "Father". Edward loses his arm and leg in a horrible shoot-out with government agents, protecting a young girl named Nina Tucker whose father is a government agent gone missing, who they want to kidnap to force him out. Eventually Nina is combined with a York Terrier, a CGI animal voiced by Miley Cyrus. Soundtrack by Coldplay. Directed by Michael Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
"Alchemy" is done with the use of nanomachines the government uses to control its citizens, at the behest of the mysterious shadow government run by "Father"

This part actually sounds kinda cool. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6