• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
A live-action modern FMA, where Edward attaches Alphonse's soul to a PT Cruiser, Roy is an arsonist, Riza a contract killer, Cornello is a child molester priest, Rose is a whore with a heart of gold, and Envy can only transform into people he's killed. "Alchemy" is done with the use of nanomachines the government uses to control its citizens, at the behest of the mysterious shadow government run by "Father". Edward loses his arm and leg in a horrible shoot-out with government agents, protecting a young girl named Nina Tucker whose father is a government agent gone missing, who they want to kidnap to force him out. Eventually Nina is combined with a York Terrier, a CGI animal voiced by Miley Cyrus. Soundtrack by Coldplay. Directed by Michael Bay.

I'd pay to see that in 3D!

Though, it'd probably be even better to have Christopher Nolan direct.
marcalooshrimp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
You know, maybe the movie could cover what happened before Ed and Al left for their journeys at the end. Didn't they leave about 2 years after the fight with father?
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quote
PeguinTruth, that's the top-secret American Live Action Full Metal Alchemist script you just leaked! When M. Night Shymalan finds out, he'll be horrified that you can spoil the plot he worked so hard to develop! (All the Ishvalans are already being cast from a pool of talented white actors!) Razz Very Happy
kpk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
PeguinTruth, that's the top-secret American Live Action Full Metal Alchemist script you just leaked! When M. Night Shymalan finds out, he'll be horrified that you can spoil the plot he worked so hard to develop! (All the Ishvalans are already being cast from a pool of talented white actors!) Razz Very Happy

M. Night Shyamalan, Grrrrrrrrr.....

The Last Airbender, Grrrrrrrr.....

I hate you so much! Shyamalan! You've ruined one of my all time favorite shows!! Screw YOU!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... Confused

With that said, I actually would like to see a live-action FMA movie Very Happy

Alfonso Cuaron should direct, and I think Liam Neeson would be a great King Bradley!
darksharingan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
How did the final episode air so soon after the manga ended? I'd think they'd still be making the remainder of the story into anime especially since this series goes for detailed and crisp animation unlike Naruto which doesn't have great backgrounds which speeds up their work.
Dune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote
Recent news hitting the internet: Yasuhiro Irie stated via Twitter that he is not directing this time around and that the new staff will be announced soon.

Edit- New rumor: According to someone who attended Japan Expo in Paris, this film is live-action.

Dun dun DUNNN.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
A live-action modern FMA, where Edward attaches Alphonse's soul to a PT Cruiser, Roy is an arsonist, Riza a contract killer, Cornello is a child molester priest, Rose is a whore with a heart of gold, and Envy can only transform into people he's killed. "Alchemy" is done with the use of nanomachines the government uses to control its citizens, at the behest of the mysterious shadow government run by "Father". Edward loses his arm and leg in a horrible shoot-out with government agents, protecting a young girl named Nina Tucker whose father is a government agent gone missing, who they want to kidnap to force him out. Eventually Nina is combined with a York Terrier, a CGI animal voiced by Miley Cyrus. Soundtrack by Coldplay. Directed by Michael Bay.

OH MY GOD, EW.
kpk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Dune wrote:

Edit- New rumor: According to someone who attended Japan Expo in Paris, this film is live-action.

Dun dun DUNNN.

With a Japanese cast!?!?

But the characters in FMA AREN'T Asians! Laughing
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
Dune wrote:

Dun dun DUNNN.

With a Japanese cast!?!?

No, no Asians.

All the heroes will be lily white and can't act. And the villains will be Indians who can act.

But actually, there are Asians in the FMA cast. The Xingese.

On a serious note, Yasuhiro Irie won't be directing? Any chance of Seiji Mizushima returning? Though if it's a live-action movie, I guess not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kpk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
kpk wrote:
Dune wrote:

Dun dun DUNNN.

With a Japanese cast!?!?

No, no Asians.

All the heroes will be lily white and can't act. And the villains will be Indians who can act.

But actually, there are Asians in the FMA cast. The Xingese.

I'm going to assume you LOVED "The Last Airbender"? Laughing

And.. Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They really are Asians..
Dune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
A non-Japanese film studio could potentially be involved. The cast doesn't necessarily have to be all Asian (though that would be hilarious Razz).
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Well... the 20th Century Boys movies were pretty good. Though that's probably because Urasawa had a hand in the production. Arakawa should be involved with this as much as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:
I doubt it will be a sequel, because spoiler[Ed lost his ability of alchemy at the end of the series], so It would be kinda meaningless.

Hence why he wants to go learn Alkahestry...
I hope this movie is going be as epic as brotherhood was.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
and I thought a recap was the worst case scenario. A live Action Japanese movie would be unwatchable for the exact same reason that the Last Airbender was bad. FMA is steeped in western culture, the vast majority of the cast is white. It would be Live action negima all over again.

In fact Ed would probably be portrayed by a Japanese girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6