• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Nemo Theatrical Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gusty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:56 am Reply with quote
Good green gravy! It is playing at my local Regal in the "great" city... erm, state of Delaware! Wink

Don't recall much caring for the movie, but I became obsessed with the NES game and from that went on to learn about the original comic strip the movie was based on. Good 'ol Windsor McKay craziness.
LilyChan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I for one am very glad that it's released -- although it'd be awesome if it were released every where else! For one thing, my video tape has long been err..broken (for lack of a better term) and I've been wanting to see it again (it's on my to do list!) for quite some time.

Maybe today's little kids might appreciate Little Nemo? I hope so -- it'd be so awesome if more then two generations loved it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Anime hyper There was a NES game? Actually, there was a game at all? Damn, I must've been living underneath a rock Anime hyper;;
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Yanagi wrote:
slickwataris wrote:
Yanagi wrote:
This is a surprise! It's having a new theathical release, could this mean that it's a possiblity of having the movie released on DVD? I still own the VHS, and know where it is, but the VHS is so old, and getting worn out...Recently, I had found out that Little Nemo was a anime (still doesn't make it my first, Noozels and The Little Bits were ^^).

It already came out on Dvd last year!

http://www.animatedbliss.com/DVD/listings.asp?iDetail=Little%20Nemo
It did?...that release went over my head ^^;;...Thank you for telling me that ^^;;

You're very welcome.

On a side note I didn't find it at Best Buy but they had it at Tower.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Generator_Gawl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There was a NES game? Actually, there was a game at all? Damn, I must've been living underneath a rock

Yup. If you want to see some screenshots of it and a brief review, might I recommend http://www.nes-site.com/gallery/little_nemo.shtml?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Professor Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
WAHA! See, this is my thing, because I'm Professor Genius! Actually, Nemo is part of those free kids movie screenings they have mornings to sell candy and concessions. They showed it last year at the Regal I used to worked at! I absolutely LOVE that movie, and I'm gladly prepared to brave the yelling and whining of children to be able to see it on the big screen.

To answer some of the questions regarding the NES video game, it was actually based off the movie, and there was an arcade game released by Capcom in Europe and Japan as well.

I think alot of people are hard on this film. The joy comes from the magic of the scenery (the fireworks that look like Russian steeples) and the fun characters. The plot is just there to pull it all together. The songs, which seem to be part and parcel to most American animated movies, are really good for what they are, especially Nemo's etiquette training when he gets smooshed between the massive melons of the dance instructor.

If you can get out and see this film, by all means do so! It's a great movie!
CloakBass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
```````````````````````

Last edited by CloakBass on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:08 am Reply with quote
It's a collaboration. If you look at the information in ANN's encyclopedia, you'll see a both American and Japanese names, the most notable being Brian Froud (The Dark Crystal conceptual artist and an amazing illustrator) and Frank n' Ollie(<3), two of the original "nine old men" from Disney. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:36 am Reply with quote
When I read this I was like WHAT Shocked . I am hoping they bring it down here to Texas as well. Because I would love to take my younger brother to this movie, that I loved when I was his age.
Cowpunk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote
The Thank You Mr Lasseter (Lasseter-San Arigato) DVD has a sequence where they go to the area Miyazaki lived in while he worked on the project in So-Cal. It includes some still photos of Miyazaki and Lasseter from that time.

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/lasseter/
LilyChan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Generator_Gawl wrote:
Quote:
There was a NES game? Actually, there was a game at all? Damn, I must've been living underneath a rock

Yup. If you want to see some screenshots of it and a brief review, might I recommend http://www.nes-site.com/gallery/little_nemo.shtml?

Oh sweet! Thank you kindly! Shocked Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2