• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2010 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
leeleekins wrote:
Well I guess Sengoku Basara 2 isn't worth watching since Funimation only took forever to actually get the first episode out subbed and summer previews are now officially over?

At least its up now ... seems like a one week delay or more, since its now the 29th and they list the air date of the 2nd episode as the 18th.
Rising Zan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote
Hey there, I was just wondering how would one become a critic. I understand that there is a certain qualification otherwise we would have tons of very vague reviews, but I'm curious on how to become a critic on the Anime News Network, because I watch most of the series they review and more that they haven't and I would also like to give my respectable two cents in the ring.

So can anyone tell me how.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 am Reply with quote
According to this page you should contact the editor.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Rising Zan wrote:
Hey there, I was just wondering how would one become a critic. I understand that there is a certain qualification otherwise we would have tons of very vague reviews, but I'm curious on how to become a critic on the Anime News Network, because I watch most of the series they review and more that they haven't and I would also like to give my respectable two cents in the ring.

So can anyone tell me how.

Becoming an official staff reviewer generally involves either an audition in an open call or Zac (our Editor-In-Chief) knowing your credentials from somewhere else; Carlo Santos, Carl Kimliger, and Theron Martin (i.e. me) all got our starts the former way, while I believe all of the other regular or occasional reviewers we currently have got their starts the latter way. On occasion Zac has been known to deal short-term with people who approach him about reviewing specific content and prove that they can write, but that doesn't usually result in a long-term association.

My advice is to contact Zac via the link that Megiddo provided, express your interest, and provide links to any reviews, blogs, or podcasts you have already done online. If he's interested, he may ask you to do a review of something of your choice in our style as a kind of writing test. (I had to submit several samples when I was auditioning, for instance.) You'll have your best chance if you can convince him that you're a fan of genres that some forumites think are under-represented (and/or ill-respected) 'round here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 24 of 24