• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 am Reply with quote
Up to episode 3 of this and so far I'm not fond of it. Rikuo is a little too weak as the protagonist for tastes and his friends really annoy me. Its not bad though, just not as good as I hoped going off of the peoples' opinion of the manga. Its definitely the lowest so far out of the big shounen anime I have viewed though it has plenty of time to develop into something more.
wm4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 am Reply with quote
I only watched Ep 3 of the show, and I am quite confident to say that the animators do not know how to do their jobs - as the show is as crappy as an amateur work.

The manga version is a much funnier thing to enjoy, sadly.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I haven't read any of the Fairy Tail manga yet, but I have seen the first 38 eppies of the anime and I really like it a lot. It started off a little slow for me (in terms of getting into it) but once I was there, I was really there.

If you don't like Fairy Tail, you should start questioning your own taste rather than insulting that of others.

You're about to hit the peak of Fairy Tail, it's all downhill from the next arc onwards.

And yes having an issue with someone calling it one of the best in the genre =! dislike.

I don't mind FT but it aint [expletive] with One Piece, Kekkaishi, Mago kyoto Arc, heck I'll take Psyren over it.
swienke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmm, looks like this thread has mostly been abandoned, although considering how "meh" the first few episodes were, I can sort of understand why.

Having just seen episodes 5 and 6 though, I think the show is really improving: the pacing is becoming much smoother, the atmosphere is deeper and more consistent, and they seem to have abandoned the weird, out-of-place watercolor shots that made episode 4 kind of frustrating (I know they were just trying to evoke the manga's art style a little more, but it wasn't integrated very smoothly at all). Being a fan of the manga, I can also say that plot-wise we're almost at the turning point of the series: the end of this ark is where the manga turned from a fun but kind of lifeless series into something a lot livelier and more interesting.

For a little while, I was sort of dreading each upcoming episode, but I can rather confidently say that I'm actually starting to look forward to the show now. Here's hoping the improvement continues.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked episode six but wow, Viz did an awful job subbing it. Considering that ANN gave some Section 23 shows slightly lower grades because of a spelling mistake or two I'd hate to see what they would do here.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
swienke wrote:
Hmmmm, looks like this thread has mostly been abandoned, although considering how "meh" the first few episodes were, I can sort of understand why.

Having just seen episodes 5 and 6 though, I think the show is really improving: the pacing is becoming much smoother, the atmosphere is deeper and more consistent, and they seem to have abandoned the weird, out-of-place watercolor shots that made episode 4 kind of frustrating (I know they were just trying to evoke the manga's art style a little more, but it wasn't integrated very smoothly at all). Being a fan of the manga, I can also say that plot-wise we're almost at the turning point of the series: the end of this ark is where the manga turned from a fun but kind of lifeless series into something a lot livelier and more interesting.

For a little while, I was sort of dreading each upcoming episode, but I can rather confidently say that I'm actually starting to look forward to the show now. Here's hoping the improvement continues.

It becomin okay. But I still don't like any character
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:32 am Reply with quote
Anyone still watching this? Besides myself, that is.

I like this show. It isn't anything special, but it is - surprisingly - quite watchable. Yuki-Onna is adorable, Yura is sympathetic (and deceptively badarse), and Rikuo grew a pair a while back and is now an accomplished lead. The villains are actually menacing, although they suffer from a massive case of hubris.

It definitely ain't one of the better shows currently airing, but it certainly isn't bad by any stretch. And even some of the superior shows are not as easy to watch. This show is mediocre, yes, but it is enjoyable too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
I am still watching, haven't seen this week's episode yet though, probably watch it tomorow. Yeah not the gretest, but it has some charm to it, the lead is better then before, kind of more blured to originally being two seperate personalities. Yuki-Onna still my favourite character, especially enjoyable in her parts in the love triangle with the average human girl, though I did enjoy the average human in that mirror episode. I would wish that the big guy would get a bit more screen time, he is fading a bit too much into the baclground with all the other characters getting time. Oh and shikigami girl is also quite enjoyable, both when she is blind to the truth of things, and when she is strangely competent.

As for the villains, I guess they do there part, even if they are pretty creepy, especially Inugami, is he some kind of mascot, pet, and possible yaoi partner *slaps self* must get mind out of gutter.

And as you see I am finding it really easy to remember all of the characters names.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Anyone still watching this? Besides myself, that is.

Yeah. I still enjoy watching the character design immensely. The voice acting quality didn't drop, but on the other hand I'm not as passionate about Yuki's voice as I was when the series started.
I enjoyed the story up till the current arc started.
I haven't seen episode 18 yet, but the current villain seems boring.
Even so, I'm really enjoying the way he's uniting the family, and his grandfather is rather entertaining.
Yuki's still adorable even though her voice no longer has the same impact (perhaps because she keeps repeating "waka" over and over... lack of vocabulary...)
I really, really wanted to see this* character, though. Too bad it won't happen.
*Dark hair one. Absolutely my type.

DuskyPredator wrote:
And as you see I am finding it really easy to remember all of the characters names.

Meanwhile I'm putting so much effort to get one right.
Snow Queen > snow > yuki.
Woman > Onna > Yuki-onna.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I loved the first season and I am excited for the second season. It should be awesome. I just wish we knew when that series is going to premiere in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sukasa_matsuda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Would love to resurrect this page hehe ^^

At first i didn't want to watch Nurarihyon no Mago because it almost has the same concept of DNangel which the leading character transforms into an angelic type of creature but in the case of Nurarihyon no Mago the lead character transforms to a Yokai at night....

but when i started to watch the anime i begun to love Nurarihyon no Mago when watching it all the way until i reached episode 21....

also can't sleep well at night and love the chose of music they picked for OP 1 & 2 hahaha

anyway i still can't deny to myself that there are still some negative things to say about the anime... Like when spoiler[Nura Rikuo when transforms to he's "Night Form" people can predict that the yokai who he faces utterly face defeat instantly].... also i would like to read the manga after watching the anime to find what the "Animators" cutted out and the other things they did

I hope the 2nd season would be longer cause i really hate it when they make a fine anime too short makes me kinda sad when i finish watching it with a few episodes only and I really want to have more scenes of Yura Keikain and other onmyoji ^^......

that's why....

I look forward on seeing the 2nd season of Nurarihyon no Mago ^^

Banzai!!!

I guess this would be my first question..
do any of you guys know when would they air Nurarihyon no Mago?

Laughing

Last edited by sukasa_matsuda on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

I really, really wanted to see this* character, though. Too bad it won't happen.

That pic you listed is the top 4 characters of the WSJ character poll... that woman (who happens to be my avatar as well) was 4th even though she was a recent introduction... The Kyoto Arc is just great.. such an improvement over what came before it, hope the anime does it justice...
sukasa_matsuda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:59 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
egoist wrote:

That pic you listed is the top 4 characters of the WSJ character poll... that woman (who happens to be my avatar as well) was 4th even though she was a recent introduction... The Kyoto Arc is just great.. such an improvement over what came before it, hope the anime does it justice...

I saw that woman on some images and i thought she would be on the new arc on season 2 but it seems she's not..

May i ask? Why didn't that woman your saying wouldn't appear on the anime?
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote
She will feature prominently in the second season.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:42 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
She will feature prominently in the second season.

Nice. The thread's revival just made me want more Nura. But we don't even have a date yet (quite weird because Bakuman 2 had a date since they announced it). Here hoping it shows up on summer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4