• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukasa_matsuda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She will feature prominently in the second season.

really!!? I thought they wouldn't feature her hahaha ^^ but then again it seems my assumptions were... wrong she looks awesome by the way ^^

Quote:
Nice. The thread's revival just made me want more Nura. But we don't even have a date yet (quite weird because Bakuman 2 had a date since they announced it). Here hoping it shows up on summer.

Oh really they announced the date for Bakuman 2 huh? well i hope that Nurarihyon no Mago would be aired this summer cause i've been really agitated for more of Nurarihyon no Mago also i have been conserving the last 3 episodes just for season 2 so i hope that it would be aired soon..... Sad
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote
Mago 2 is airing July like many suspected.

The website just updated with the air date.

http://www.nuramago.jp/index2.html

Told you she would be prominent....
sukasa_matsuda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh they'll air it on july huh? that's good news ^^
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote
The trailer for the second season is better than the entirety of the first season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RUB0g-mCcQ

Don't mess this arc up DEEN! Mago really went from average to great with this arc! The trailer is certainly promising though.. dat black and white..

New VAs.

Yodo-dono : Neya Michiko
Youhime : Kuwashima Houko
Keikain Ryuuji : Konishi Katsuyuki
Keikain Mamiru : Nojima Kenji
Hagoromo Kitsune : Nouto Mamiko
Nura Rihan : Fujiwara Keiji
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
sorry for the necromancy but i thought we could use this thread to talk about season 2. so far i am liking it much more then the first season mostly cause they animated the first chapter this time which is a relief that deen might not mess up nura this time.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Sure, since it's a direct follow up anyway. I edited the title.

It looks like this season is gonna be a lot better with heavier plot elements (like his father, I hope). Episode one was pretty good and packed. Our protagonist was a completely different being when he was younger.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Sure, since it's a direct follow up anyway. I edited the title.

It looks like this season is gonna be a lot better with heavier plot elements (like his father, I hope). Episode one was pretty good and packed. Our protagonist was a completely different being when he was younger.

i agree.i have read the manga and it just gets better from here. episode two was great i actually think they did a better job at the yura vs ryuji battle then the manga. the opening gives me alot of hope that deen at least finish's the spoiler[ kyoto arc since it shows alot of rikuos allys and trainers even the main antagonists for it] i just hope they dont rush it and take their time by expanding some material if they can do that then nura demon capital will defenitley be my favorite anime this season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote
I like how the first episode of the second season had Rikuo when he was younger pulled pranks on his to be comrads, he was really like his grandfather. I do honestly wonder if he had planned something to hapen as spoiler[obviously naming a kid as the third was piss that guy off a lot.]

It was a bit strange how it swapped childish parts to being rather dark, but perhaps that was intentional. Anyway the show is looking as good as ever it is something I look forward to watching.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't the fox meant to look younger? My god, I feel like a lolicon, but she looked better with her younger looks.

Not happy about this training arc, hope it ends soon.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Wasn't the fox meant to look younger? My god, I feel like a lolicon, but she looked better with her younger looks.

The training part isn't a long part in the story. I believe the next episode (episode 8), Rikuo is back to the main Nura house with the younger Toono demons and are about to embark the ships that will fly them to Kyoto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swienke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote
It's really amazing what a change of director can do for a series.

The first season was a disappointment: it started out fairly mediocre, then gave me hope that it could rise above it's early faults for a couple of episodes before crashing back to earth when it completely mangled Inugami's part in the story. Part of the problem was the pacing, and another was the forced attempts to "lighten" and simplify the series.

But now I've just gotten caught up on the second season, and I am completely and utterly hooked once again. I'm a manga reader, so I'm well aware that the the Kyoto arc is darker, more intense, and has more complexity than the Shikoku arc all on its own, but the vast improvement in the second season is at least partially due to the new director. The pacing is far smoother, the characterization more interesting, and it doesn't suffer from all the misguided attempts to make the series more kid-friendly that the first season did.

egoist wrote:

Nurarihyon no Mago is actually really good about handling its training arcs. Instead of one massive training period for each major arc, it cuts it into a couple of small, bite-sized pieces that it intersperses throughout the arc (at least in the manga). They're just long enough to have some significance, but short enough that they don't really drag at all. It seems like the anime is going to stay true to that as well.

EDIT: Hey, the emoticons aren't working. I deleted them all, but is anyone else having the same problem?
IAmBuddha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 am Reply with quote
I'm really loving season 2 far more than season 1

Also have the feeling season 2 is more darker than 1
I always had the feeling i was looking at a kids show like pokemon for some reason dont know why. Maybe because spoiler[ in season 1 t there wasn't a priest who had his head chopped off ;D ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I feel a little down that I never really used this thread despite enjoying the show.

OVA 1 & 2

Been a couple years since I watched the show, and both of these OVA were prequels and gave some interesting history for the characters. The first was about Rikuo's father and Tsurara's mother, Setsura. I just assumed that Tsurara took her mothers place during Rihan's time, but it seems that Setsura moved her affection of Nurarihyon onto Rihan. But by the end of it she ran away and Tsurara joined 10 or so years before, that makes her quite younger than I expected.

The second is about Rikuo's grandfather, aka Nurarihyon. Pretty much showed how he went from being a lone wolf, having his first ally who happened to be Nattō, and decided to protect the weak, getting some familiar faces on his side. Also had what appeared to be some freeze frame bonuses that somehow showed things to come, including the fox which was rather sad.

Also, I noticed certain sound effects sound just like what was used in Shinsekai Yori.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
1. The level of writing this project has behind it for the first season is of a six year old child. Most of the characters turn out to be absolutely useless and weak, and the main protagonist is pathetic.

2. One of the weirdest character designs ever. For example, the main daemon in the project has a super long head a-la "alien" by Swiss genius painter Hans Ruedi Giger. However, it is semi-flexible as it changes angles in relation to his main skull, and sometimes wobbles along with the wind. It only becomes fixed with age as shown in his grandfather (who is, by the way, became absurdly old looking in just four hundred years all while daemons in the project live for up to thousand of years and more without looking different much).

3. The second season completely devalues the progress that the man character went through previously, making it all a ridiculous farce. It is a common issue for many sloppy shonen projects where protagonists and antagonists have to progress in power, but in this case it was done in an especially jarring way.

4. Some of the music from the first season is a rip off from Harry Potter film music. Otherwise nothing outstanding in this department even when the tunes sound original.

5. Despite all that, it is not "monster of the week" project (which is the worst sin many anime have), so even the first season deserves "Good" rating. The second season, especially in its second half, provides some intricacies to the story that push the rating to "Very good".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4