• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Dramatis Persona

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
Actually I don't think Mistwalker has ever mentioned anything about Kanan's past. Still though, this is one title I'm really looking forward to. Plus it looks like it's doing a GOOD version of FFXII's battle system.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:20 am Reply with quote
I played the hell out of Persona 3 on the PS2, but I gave up well before the end of the main story because it gets very hard very fast (also that game is like 200+ hours long). I always thought it's the sort of thing that would work better on a handheld, so if I ever get a PSP the portable version will be my first purchase.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quote
I'm interested in Last Story and disappointed in the loss of Cavia, since it may mean we never get the other version of Nier.

The big thing for me in this column is Persona 3 Portable. I've never played a Persona game before and have been wanting to get into the series, but is it point and click? You said the movable hero is replaced with a cursor, is that for the whole game?

Also, I wonder why Persona 2 doesn't have a PSP port?
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:

I've never played a Persona game before and have been wanting to get into the series, but is it point and click? You said the movable hero is replaced with a cursor, is that for the whole game?

Also, I wonder why Persona 2 doesn't have a PSP port?

P3P is basically point-and-click outside of the main dungeon, it's there where you can control the main character and where he/she moves like the original and FES.

It is a little odd that Atlus hasn't ported P2 again, especially since in the past they have re-released older Megaten games plenty of times on the snes/ps1/gameboy, and it'd be a perfect chance for a legit english release of Innocent Sin. P1's remake was more of an anniversary thing, but with a new Persona game in the 3DS lineup as well as two other Megaten games and another two going on the PS3 something might come up.

I've also been wondering why Atlus hasn't put anything on the PSN or Virtual Console, too. I want Eternal Punishment and Snowboard Kids!
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote
I bought P3P so I do now now 3 copies of the freaking game. I did because I buy all the SMT related releases in the US, just to show I care or some crap. I really rather see like SMT I & II for the DS or remakes of the Persona 2 games for the PSP then another copy of Persona 3 though at this point. Damn you Atlus!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ha, yeah, good luck waiting for a US release for Last Story there folks. I can live without personally, and would much rather see a US release for Xenoblade(Which is also looking increasingly unlikely). Ah well, if I really want to play a game like that again, I'll just play through FFXII for the sixth time I guess Very Happy

Persona 3P out already? How did I miss that? I'll be ordering straight away. Glad to see they skipped over Persona 2 for the moment, as after the PSP release of Persona 1, it's been a bitter realisation that the PS1 Persona games? They have NOT aged well at all.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Lol...I stopped playing P3P after rescuing Fuuka.

I just can't stomach this game for a third time... Even with a female protag.
midnighteve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I scooped up P3P the first day it came out to get my Junpei hat that I'll never realistically wear! :p (Though my fiance will probably wear it to comicon or something.)

This would also be my "third" time buying the game as I had the original as well as Fes. Atlus are evil geniuses! That aside, I *just* finished Persona 4, and I still have the original Persona (remake) to play, as well as go through Fes and P3P...not necessarily in that order of course. Summer is never long enough...

Though as I side note, I'd love it if for a Persona 5 release, they went with a female protagonist! Or at least have the option to choose to be one.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Ha, yeah, good luck waiting for a US release for Last Story there folks.

The game is trademarked in NA and EU and so is Xenoblade (though under the name Monado)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Last Story: Looks like this will be the game everyone's going to be keeping their eyes on for a long time. I can see it seems to be very well put together and the cast (based on the few trailers I've seen) seems to be fairly likeable. Time will tell when this comes here.

Strelka Stories: I'm waiting for the furry jokes Todd *taps foot*

Cavia Disbands: It sucks when a company ends up in the drink after trying hard to be successful. Didn't the company that created Okami get closed right after the game was released? What a dreadful fate.

P3P: Let me be honest. When I first got P3 on the PS2, I enjoyed it greatly as I had been waiting for a new Persona since Eternal Punishment. It was both new in terms of concept as well as gameplay. The battle system really keeps you on your toes and the exhaustion feature prevents you from overdoing battle (at least in the beginning when it's more likely to happen). The Social Links were also quite engaging, as it allowed me to picture myself in those situations and think about what I would say to the person I'm with. When FES came out, I kind of wanted it, but then I leaned on the side of skipping it as I wasn't interested in playing through the game a second time with no way to carry over the hard work I did in both character stats and Persona fusion from P3. Now this PSP P3 comes out, with the new leading lady procedure and new storyline, and I'm beginning to see the pattern they kind of did with Lunar Silver Star Story. Remakes are a love and hate thing, no matter what they add. It all depends on how much of a fan you are.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
I bought P3P so I do now now 3 copies of the freaking game. I did because I buy all the SMT related releases in the US, just to show I care or some crap. I really rather see like SMT I & II for the DS or remakes of the Persona 2 games for the PSP then another copy of Persona 3 though at this point. Damn you Atlus!

Could be worse, you could be one of those Nippon Ichi fans that buys every one of their re-hashed releases! I was a bit weary about buying Persona 3 again, but hey they actually did add in a lot of new stuff on the female protagonist's side of the game.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote
One of the best things about Cavia was that it introduced character designer Kimihiko Fujisaka to the gaming world; what a great find! I'm glad he ended up with Mistwalker and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work show up in any forthcoming The Last Story artbooks.
chocobolily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, Persona 3 Portable. If I had a PSP I would buy it in a second just to play as the girl. The only thing that creeps me out is that the Ken Amada social link is romantic even though he's, ya know, 10 years old.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad Cavia is gone. It just seemed like yesterday that they made RE: Darkside Chronicles.

Can't wait for The Last Story. Though to be honest, I'm waiting for Xenoblade to be released here as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the lineup for early 2011.
Sepherest wrote:
I've also been wondering why Atlus hasn't put anything on the PSN or Virtual Console, too. I want Eternal Punishment and Snowboard Kids!
Oh man...Snowboard Kids. That takes me back...

Adendum: Todd forgot to mention that Excitebike World Rally was also released for WiiWare and featured online multiplayer in it. That's four itterations of Excitebike.
mlisette23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/14/shin-megami-tensei-negotiates-playstation-network-release/

Hopefully Atlus USA will follow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3